Maybe we should send a message to GOA?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cryn
Emerald Rider

Maybe we should send a message to GOA?

Post by Cryn »

Maybe people who feel that GOA have let us down badly both in their handling of the server downtime and in their poor compensation should send a message to that effect.

It's worth considering that when the servers come back up Monday, maybe we should not bother coming back to DAoC, but instead carry on with whatever we've been doing for the last week or so (Dungeon Siege II, WoW, real life, etc).

I'm not suggesting people quit, but if we cancelled our subs for just one month, it might remind GOA that they rely on our custom as much as we (unfortunately) have to rely on their services.

Just an idea. I'm sure many people won't feel we should hold them responsible, or others will just be desperate to get back into the game, but if we DID refuse to subscribe for a while, it might make GOA prioritise customer relationship issues a bit higher in future.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

As I replied to your other post.... read the compensation details fully before posting :p

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

Theres a Dungeon Siege II? o.O
Retired until further notice

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Ovi wrote:As I replied to your other post.... read the compensation details fully before posting :p
Yes, sorry, I'll edit my post. However, I am still extremely dissatisfied with GOA's handling of this. They kept us in the dark for a long time as to what was going on, and the whole issue clearly demonstrated they have not invested in getting their 3rd line support to the point where they can operate without Mythic. For a company whose only job is support, that's a poor service.

And the compensation for many people will boil down to 10% RPs ... woopidoo.

Irony, Runepriest <NFD>

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cryn wrote:Yes, sorry, I'll edit my post. However, I am still extremely dissatisfied with GOA's handling of this. They kept us in the dark for a long time as to what was going on, and the whole issue clearly demonstrated they have not invested in getting their 3rd line support to the point where they can operate without Mythic. For a company whose only job is support, that's a poor service.

And the compensation for many people will boil down to 10% RPs ... woopidoo.
10% RPs and 10 free days.

I agree the service is bad, but I disagree witih blaming it all on GoA. The third line support isn't a financial issue. GoA are not allowed access to the code well enough to operate without Mythic, that's part of Mythics requirements for the licence. It was also Mythic that were not prepared to work last weekend on the problems.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Ovi wrote:10% RPs and 10 free days.

I agree the service is bad, but I disagree witih blaming it all on GoA. The third line support isn't a financial issue. GoA are not allowed access to the code well enough to operate without Mythic, that's part of Mythics requirements for the licence. It was also Mythic that were not prepared to work last weekend on the problems.
Ultimately, Goa runs the Euro servers. It is their responsibility to keep the servers working and ultimately, their responsibility to have a clause in the contract requiring that Mythic either provide week-end "emergency" support or to be able to do it themselves. Having said that it is easy to say in hindsight :).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Ovi wrote:10% RPs and 10 free days.

On what source of information do you base this post? Seems to me that GOA are presenting themselves as having provided the fix here, which means they must have sufficient access to the codebase and/or database to do so. I'm not sure anyone outside GOA or Mythic - either you or me - are in a position to give particulars of the licence or to give an assessment of how much that affected their ability to fix the system this time arround.

I pay my money to GOA. I therefore hold them responsible for service levels. If they are unable to provide adequate quality of service, it's up to them to change the situation in whatever way necessary to get to a position where they can.

Irony, Runepriest <NFD>

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

personally you should do what i have done - wrote a complaint letter to PCgamer and PCzone about what happend
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

im alrdy wrote a note to no.10 downing ST. tbh:

Dear Mr Primeminister

Plz can ya help meh :(
I aint getting my fix for RvR & when the server iz back up albs gunna be zergin the relics & i iz gunna get steamrolled :<

Ya see what happened was, i was playing DAoC & was wtfpwnin in RvR then teh servers dies on meh!!11, its been 10 days almost & im goin cold turkeh tbfh....plz plz plz contact GoA & tell em to give us our server back yesterday.

P.S Can ya also tell em that 2k mezz range is OP'd & teh Reaver Bomb & should be hit wit nerf bat :)

thx mr primeminister

Yours hopefulleh
Addicted RvR fanatic aka Bopper :)
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Im a bit dissapointed with the compensation but purely from a selfish point of view, im away on holiday for most of the compensation period.

Anyone wanna play my toons for the next fortnight :p
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”