When wil server clustering be introduced?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

centurion wrote:I think clustering is an option that needs to be considered very soon cuz of the population decreasing more and more. Wish GoA could make a statement about clustering exca and pryd or have they ?
Nope, they have not...but its a good idea unless it makes life too difficult (after all, we do have alot of players that switch between those 2 servers)

/Ankh

Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

Clusterting has to take more into account thought. Like how many albs/hibs/mids are on each one, so they can balance out a huge alb server with a smaller alb one etc.. (are there even low pop alb servers?)

And clustering with a German / French server shouldnt be a big problem. You can still pve on your own english server. And RvR with and against the different language people.

I hope they will implement clustering, for some more challenging RvR stuff. :)

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Well, if you look for some definite numbers then I can provide some - and yes, they are similar across all servers in percentages.

Players
End of May 2004
Alb 3164
Hib 2616
Mid 2541

End 2004
Alb 2330
Hib 1522
Mid 2019

End Jan 2005 (before WoW release but WoW beta)
A 2487
H 1914
M 1811

Start of March (4 weeks after WoW release)
A 1863
H 1427
M 1432

What is interesting to see is that there are more active characters in Mid than in Alb - indication that Mids log in to a lot more PvE/BG than their counterparts in Alb and Hib since NF.
The other thing that shows is that not only do players leave but these are a lot of high RR ones - especially in Mids where the RP on characters has dropped very much.

WoW is having the advantage of being new - considering Blizzard's game development that doesn't mean anything as people bitched about Diablo I and II and how it was exploited.
They seem to have a harsh enforcement of their rules to avoid that something similar happens with WoW - and accept that they might ban some innocent people - something Mythic/Goa never did.

For now the equality in WoW exists due to being new - the casual players are still close to the powergamers. Also due of the powergamers not being able (yet) to get the best combination there is the (perceived) equality.

Give it 6 months and let us talk which is the better game then.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Darktail wrote:Sure hope it comes with catacombs so we dont have to wait a view patches till it comes.

My decision of buying catacombs might depend on this.
when my mom becomes a milf prOn star :D

Darktail

Post by Darktail »

wel some light on the topic about clustering, i asked the question to requiel and the anser was
Requiel wrote:
There have been no decisions taken regarding clustering yet. There are benefits and problems with clustering Excal and Pryd so any decision will have a lot of thought put into it. The decision will depend on many things - the server populations when 1.74 goes live, technical considerations and quality of choice considerations. When a decision is made it'll be announced on the news site and not on a unofficial forum.
Just have to wait and c and reading kesxex gives me the feeling i shouldn't worry to much about it, wich i wil try to do ;)
Warhammer - K8P
[K8P-Order] Sisyphus - Runepriest
[K8P-Order] Slayopatra - WariorPriest

[prydwen]Darkruby - Ward
[prydwen]Slayopatra - Mentalist

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”