Realm Lotto and Event's

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

If you really wanted to be fancy, you could make actual raffle tickets with a spellcrafter and lowbie tailor. You would make say

Tanned brea leather = 2s52c

Then imbue with

x focus void
x focus mentalism
x focus enchantments
x focus creeping

Each focus number represents:

5 -> 0
10 -> 1
15 -> 2
20 -> 3

The "number" of the ticket is 64*void + 16*ment + 4*ench + creep

so if you had a ticket with

15 focus void
10 focus mentalism
5 focus enchantments
20 focus creeping

The number would be

2*64 + 1*16 + 0*4 + 3 = 83

The raffle tickets could be authenticated by making sure they were made by your tailor.

This keeps the gems low cost ( < 1g each ) while allowing 256 tickets per raffle. You would need to make the tickets in order, so you know how many have been sold. You can then do /random (number of tickets sold) and convert it back to an imbue. Also, you would need a different order of focus gems for the two different raffles. The advantage is that people could buy their raffle tickets from a CM instead of actually having to find you.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

Let me at him im gonna beat him with the wet end of a stick :-p

Making More work for me <crys> ,,, although tis a good idear ill look into it, ifs its notToo much work for me ill do it.

Ill keep ya posted... But guys SIGN up !!! plz

cheers all Kabane

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Yeah, I know .... was just thinking that you might get a better response if people didn't need to find you ingame.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Camlann

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

Lairiodd wrote:If you really wanted to be fancy, you could make actual raffle tickets with a spellcrafter and lowbie tailor. You would make say

Tanned brea leather = 2s52c

Then imbue with

x focus void
x focus mentalism
x focus enchantments
x focus creeping

Each focus number represents:

5 -> 0
10 -> 1
15 -> 2
20 -> 3

The "number" of the ticket is 64*void + 16*ment + 4*ench + creep

so if you had a ticket with

15 focus void
10 focus mentalism
5 focus enchantments
20 focus creeping

The number would be

2*64 + 1*16 + 0*4 + 3 = 83

The raffle tickets could be authenticated by making sure they were made by your tailor.

This keeps the gems low cost ( < 1g each ) while allowing 256 tickets per raffle. You would need to make the tickets in order, so you know how many have been sold. You can then do /random (number of tickets sold) and convert it back to an imbue. Also, you would need a different order of focus gems for the two different raffles. The advantage is that people could buy their raffle tickets from a CM instead of actually having to find you.
Mathmatician in progress! run and hide!
Retired until further notice

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

okies im trying to work this out .. duno if its cos ive just got up or not but can someone check my thoughts on this

Going on what lairiodd said .. if i made a club with
5xvoid
5xment
5xenchantment
10xcreeping

then looking at it the ticket nummber would be 0001 ?

so thsi way i can work all the way up to 9999 ticket nummbers?

a nother radom one to help you see what i mean would be Club with
5xvoid
30xment
20xenchantment
35xcreeping
This ticket would work out to

i think this will work out a little easyer on me brain than lairiodd's fantasict mind blow..
Just incase you havent worked out the maths of this here we go nice and simple
each Focus lvl =1 so
5=0
10=1
15=2
20=3
25=4
30=5
35=6
40=7
45=8
50=9

ill do one more ticket so u can look again

15xVoid
45xmenta
30xenchantment
5xcreeping

the ticket nummber is 2850 ...

Plz does this make sence or am i going loopy?

Cheers Kabane

**NoTe**

only one small problem with my system ...my spellcrafter cant make the 40 45 or 50 spell stones <looks as Lairiodd > .. any offer's to help me?
Cheers kabane

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Yeah, that's what I thought initially (and is in fact the best way to do it, if money is no object), the problem is that +50 focus costs 30g to make (and requires a high level SC-er). This means that ticket number 9999, (+50*4) would cost 120g to make, which is a large waste of money. If you stay to +20 focus and below, the gems are max 1g41 each. That is why I only used 1-4, the problem is that it makes the ticket number calculation more complex.

So, assuming you use only 0 to 3 ( max 20 focus )

0001 would still be ticket number 1, but
0010 is ticket number 4 ( 64*0 + 16*0 + 4*1 + 1*0 )

Each digit is always 3 or less, it's base-4 calculation.

This page will do the conversion for you:
http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/trol/scol/calnumba.htm

You fill in the number you get by using

0: +5 focus
1: +10 focus
2: +15 focus
3: +20 focus

into the base 4 box and the ticket number appears in the base 10 box (don't forget to press clear before trying another number).

After you /random, you can fill in the number you get into the base 10 box and it will give you the winning ticket's base 4 number which you can change back into focus settings.

So if you get 107 from /random:

base 10: 107
base 4: 1223
focus
+10 (1)
+15 (2)
+15 (2)
+20 (3)

Btw, Amedor, being good at maths isn't a bad thing :).
Prydwen
Camlann

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

Humm theres 3 things in this world im bad at... English , math's and umm i forget the last....ohh ye remmbering things.(btw ladys there one thing i im perfect at <nug nug wink wink>)

im sorry lairiodd but im still confused :-s and im not sure thers a way u can explain it that ill understand :-( i get the jist of what your saying but i cant seem to put it in practice.

ill think on it for another hour or so

Ixu
Emerald Rider

Post by Ixu »

And about that dueling thing. How u could make it ? All mages against all mages ?

If so light eld with nearsight > all.
Is vampiir tank ? Vampiir with fumble + end drain, self hot + selfbuffs > all.

Nice idea tbh and I like it, but that is only fact :( Vampiir will win every class in duel becouse fumble and light eldritch will own all with nearsight. Fast to cast, long range and after it enemy can't do anything.

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

Yus im classing vamps as tanks and it will be mage classes V mage classes, tanks v tanks , healers v healers , stealthers v stealthers i wouldnt put all me eggs in one basket saying vamps own ll and light elder owns etc there will be a lot of ppl all with differnt ablitys and skill lvl's <seasoned rvr's well versed Pve'ers etc> everyone is welcome to join in.

so remmber guys put ya name down for this the soon you do the easyer it will be fore me to arange !!! there is No entry Fee just put ya name down and WIN a New FULL sute of Mp armor for your Class!!

Cheers Kabane

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Basically, you want a way to turn a number that has only digits 0-3 into a number with digits 0-9.

As a complete alternative. you could make 2 of each type of "ticket" with random focus settings. Then on your CM set one of them to 500g and the other to blank (so it can't be bought). This gives you the standard raffle ticket where the customer gets half and you keep half.

Then on the day, you can take the items which had their copy been sold and pick one of those at random. You would need to hold the raffle at your CM and /random with the highest number being the number items sold. If you get 20 on your /random, you use the 20th ticket half that was sold. This way you don't need to worry about what number the ticket is, you would just say

"and the winner is

5 void
10 ment
5 enchantment
20 creeping
"

However, it means you need to make 2 of each ticket.
Prydwen
Camlann

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”