1.78 Emerges

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Overdue

Post by Overdue »

- The Hunters Avatar now has a "sprint" ability that will allow the pet to move faster for a brief period of time. This ability will only work under the following conditions: When the Hunter or the pet is attacked by an enemy target, the pet changes run-speed for 5 seconds to get into melee range. After the 5 seconds passes, the pet resumes normal run speed. After sprinting, 60 seconds must pass before the pet is able to sprint again. The pet can only sprint after targets that are more than 1000 units away from the pet.
- Hunters are now granted Evade 3 at level 30.
Finally some hunter love.
Devera the 10th Season Thunderer Blademaster
Gori the 8th Season Silver Hand Bard
Deify the 9th Season Flammen Vakten Spiritmaster

Retired

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Overdue wrote:Finally some hunter love.

As if they need it :o

The pet change I actually do like the idea of, but surely the problem they are addressing applies as much to any other melee type pet as to hunters, and I don't see them getting the change.

I am particularly thinking of Druid pets, but certain chanter pets (Ally etc) would also apply, and I am sure there are others from the mid/alb too.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

atm most standard group set-up consists of bard, druid, druid, warden with these changes could we now see bard, bard, druid, druid or bard, druid*3 :amedor:
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Many US guilds run bard bard druid druid as support already, they think the extra interupts and perma end > resists, bg, grapple, twf, ae melee interupts etc. :o
~

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

I dunno, the extra druid would probably make up for the resist difference, but we all love twf, bg and grapple too much. Plus damage add for tank groups is not to be sniffed at.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Immediate
Emerald Rider

Post by Immediate »

i think bards will be too ocupied playing speed rather than sist chant, and when in battles end song so imo the sist chat is useless :aran1:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

stupeh wrote:Many US guilds run bard bard druid druid as support already, they think the extra interupts and perma end > resists, bg, grapple, twf, ae melee interupts etc. :o
That would mean definitely running with a Hero for BG? Or do they run without any BG at all?

Running with 2 bards does cetainly have advantages, could run with speed + End for speed 6, then the speed playing change to resists on engage, which as a chant are not interruptable. meaning you are guaranteed to have End running at the start of a fight.

I would currently question the need for 2 BGs, possibly freeing the Hero role for another (BL?) damage dealer? Or even a BL Shield/split spec BM just for guard? If you swap the Warden for Bard you will almost certainly need a BM Tank for BG?

Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

One bard can do the job well enough.

Resist chants are nice but twf, BG, pbt, base buffer, buff-resists, ample melee ability is better.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Kari
Emerald Rider

Post by Kari »

I think the point has been raised primarily on the non-ToA servers, where wardens lose the BM styles & utility they gained in ToA.
Also since non-ToA will be primarily tank oriented (determination revamp) resist buffs are largely irrelevant, as is pbt vs. an assist train.

Therefore the bard can be used for more cc, interrupts of healers & heals. And they have to kill 2 before the endu drops ;)

I can't imagine it being that much of a problem on normal servers, wardens have lots to offer surely?

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Seems a fairly good patch but hunter love and scout nerf = wtf? Scouts are defo far more in need of love than hunters are in the field so giving hunters evade 3 and a faster pet is a bit retarded.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”