For those of you that seem to have a problem with me playing Alb/Hib

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

stupeh wrote:maybe it wasnt him on both accounts?
lol
levelnix

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Rejecta wrote:Aha, I see :D, It wasn't me playing rejecta I let a few freinds from IRC play him..it is litrally impossible for me to play 2 accounts in 2 realms at once as I only have 1 PC.

I see how you could think what you do, but I don't/can't play the 2 accouts side by side.
rofl so you could be at any time any Tom, Dick or Harry from Albion! That will certainly inspire confidence.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Ovi wrote:You could play 2 accounts on 1 PC if you want to.

I think we have all heard the stories of "My brother did ...". letting others play your account is against CoC, having 2 accounts logged in at the same time is against CoC.

PMing abuse is not on, PMing an opinion about something that you are not happy with is perfectly fine. How will someone know you have upset them if they are not allowed to tell you? :o

As was said further up, this sort of issue is only going to become more commonplace once clustering goes live.
Having 2 accounts logged in at the same time is not against CoC.

Having 2 accounts logged in at the same time on different realms of the same server while not against CoC is highly unwise.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

levelnix wrote:lol
I can see how it's funny.. no, really!
~

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

You cant login on 2 different realms on same server from 1 PC.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Rejecta wrote:Aha, I see :D, It wasn't me playing rejecta I let a few freinds from IRC play him..it is litrally impossible for me to play 2 accounts in 2 realms at once as I only have 1 PC.

I see how you could think what you do, but I don't/can't play the 2 accouts side by side.

You need to be VERY careful about this m8 because you retain responsibility for both accounts. If they are both logged on at the same time on the same server but in different realms you could find a ban winging its way to you very quickly. This is regarded as cross-realming and likely to be in breach of the code of conduct.

For what its worth I would advise you to not let your second account be on-line at the same time as the one you are playing because even if you have the utmost honourable intentions you are leaving yourself wide open to a GOA ban.

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Takitothemacs wrote: Having 2 accounts logged in at the same time on different realms of the same server while not against CoC is highly unwise.

It's against the CoC if it is the same person doing this and is therefore in a position to use information from one realm to give an advantage to the other realm.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Briannon wrote:It is possible to play two accounts on the same server in different realms, using different PCs.

Account 1 could have hibs on pryd and albs on excal.

Account 2 could have mids on pryd and hibs on excal.

Both accounts being separate entities can then log onto the game and you can see from the above combinations that both on at the same time would be instant cross-realming.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security Rejecta - two different accounts can be logged in at the same time on the same server in different realms. After all, every hib who logs into prydwen and every alb who logs into prydwen are doing just that - using separate accounts to log onto the same server on different realms.

Whilst logging in from the same PC might be restricted, logging in from two PCs isn't (and that's what happens if you let someone else use your account), and logging in on one realm, gathering info, logging out then relogging on the other realm is also possible.

Yes but I already said I only have one pc :p

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

A couple of things to clear up a bit of confusion.

1: I was asked to check if Gamah was onlne during the relic raid. He had no ALb/Pryd characters logged in at that time.

2: It is not possible to use two clients on the same PC to log into different realms of the same server. This is a measure that was introduced in 1.70.

3: Crossrealming is defined by Goa as 'Using information from another realm that you could not have got through legitimate sources (ingame or from public XML) to give one realm an advantage.' By definition certain things are automatically crossrealming such as having two accounts logged in different realms at the same time. My advice to Gamah/Rejecta (apart from the usual 'Do Not Share Your Account' advice) is to be very careful that he is not put in a position where he can be accused of this. People will believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts and it's not sensible to give them fuel to burn you with.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

stupeh wrote:I can see how it's funny.. no, really!
Yeah well..you know how it is :D everyone have their own way of finding 'amusement' ]/Ankh[/B]

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”