For those of you that seem to have a problem with me playing Alb/Hib

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

pikeh wrote:no, thats the impression he got when he logged into hib. i think the fact that everytime he logs on he gets PM's saying how hes not welcome or whatever, that is justification enough to make hib/pry not seem like the friendly place he had heard about.
Yes in his statement it is used as a justification but it is equally a generalisation and it is an unjustified generalisation.

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

:hijack:
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

I assume your talking about Freddies House, Hey if hibs can't take a joke its not my problem..I posted a picture of an alarm clock with all your relics r belong to us..A varition of a TFC phase "all your base r belong to us" back when I was a young nipper 14 or so playing TFC.

Many hibs found it funny, and I myself found it very amusing. Not one of these absue pm's have mentioned my "attitude" on FH. Also if people gauge what anyone is really like from FH posts then they are misguided, FH is a place to bitch and whine at others..you may not like it but thats what it essentually is..any game forums are like that.

The reason I posted here however is there seems to be more openess for an educated argument, which I do enjoy, also it wasn't any form of attention seeking even though I am an attention whore :D..it was mearly a way to bring to the attention to the whole hib community to stop whining at me about it all at once.

My original "generalisation" which I would prefer to be called an impression as thats what it is, "Hib seems to be" It's my opinion, not a fact and I am not calling everyone in Hib a whiner.

Regards
Rejecta/Gamah

Mambopoa

Post by Mambopoa »

Nothing against Gamah doing this. I do tend to feel he is playing fair.

However, Hibs have been caught out this way before.
I can not remember the story, but there was a player who had mid/hib I think whos friend (who had borrowed the accounts) saw a RR by hibs and spammed it on mid /as.

I am pretty sure there was a ban etc for this. However, your not the first or the last to do this. But due to other people making huge mistakes in the past, it reflects on you and what you are doing.

But at the end of the day, people so quickly forget that its a game and for the enjoyment of those paying for the account.
I certainly do anything I want that gives me enjoyment of the game (read stealther zergs) and until someone wishes to pay for my computer/electricity/internet/subs/TIME (my time is VERY expensive) then its not upto them to say or do anything.

Stop enjoying the game means to stop playing. Then game will just lose more people and slowly collapse.
Mambopoa,Awod,Xebecs,Dowa,Bearian.
Some how ended up as a Wild Hunter

Now on the other side of the pond. USA :D

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Rejecta wrote:I assume your talking about Freddies House, Hey if hibs can't take a joke its not my problem..I posted a picture of an alarm clock with all your relics r belong to us..A varition of a TFC phase "all your base r belong to us" back when I was a young nipper 14 or so playing TFC.

Many hibs found it funny, and I myself found it very amusing. Not one of these absue pm's have mentioned my "attitude" on FH. Also if people gauge what anyone is really like from FH posts then they are misguided, FH is a place to bitch and whine at others..you may not like it but thats what it essentually is..any game forums are like that.

The reason I posted here however is there seems to be more openess for an educated argument, which I do enjoy, also it wasn't any form of attention seeking even though I am an attention whore :D..it was mearly a way to bring to the attention to the whole hib community to stop whining at me about it all at once.

My original "generalisation" which I would prefer to be called an impression as thats what it is, "Hib seems to be" It's my opinion, not a fact and I am not calling everyone in Hib a whiner.

Regards
Rejecta/Gamah
I appreciate your posting this thread and it belongs here despite Luz and his wee banners ]http://www.prydwen.net/showthread.php?t ... e=10&pp=10[/URL]

The context where you post has a lot to do with it - FH is still very different to these forums despite what some think/say. For me your post in that thread really grated for some reason and that pissed me off. So I reacted. I don't often react without thinking so this is just a simple example of how easily the position your in can offend or irritate. So look at that thread - you have Bubble gloating and baiting people and then you pop up in the middle with that comment - I just thought WTF is this guy on....

So your in a tricky position - nothing justifies people saying things to you in game but as you can see at times I have thought "Hey hold on a sec here your playing with us too!" It doesn't take much to trigger that sort of response.

Now if you try to come back and claim you have some kind of super objectivity because you are above us all because you play two realms then be my guest!!!

<starts salvaging a new ram in anticipation>

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

First of all I have never said or given off the aura that I was above anyone, this is just a game..lets not forget that.

Sure I had a go there, but countless PM's and flames..I was getting a little irrate, I explianed my reasons clearly, people were just not reading what I was typing. So you had a go at me and got angry..We all do it from time to time, I was angry so I made that post and you got angry too..Nothing makes your anger more justified than mine, only the reason was different.

Anywho enough about that issue I made my feeling clear at the time and people said what they had to say. Ok put youself in my situation, you log on hoping to have a little bit of fun..someone PM's you accusing you of x-realming and saying your not welcome in Hib..How would that make you feel? now times that about 60odd and you see where I am coming from. :sheepskip

Abalith
Emerald Rider

Post by Abalith »

I wouldn't worry about it Gamah, your a well known enemy who plays one of the more annoying classes. Its understandable that you've made one or two people from this realm see red mist from time to time. Its not understandable however, that some of these people may resort to verbal abuse because of it, but take heart in the fact that they an unfortunate minority that have most likely been seduced by the temptations of the dark side (freddyshouse) and forgotten this is a game for enjoyment.

As far as cross-realming goes, I think we better get used to the idea before clustering comes that always gunna be a problem. I'm gunna be regularly rvring with a group of friends on mid/exc while playing hib the rest of the time, i'm sure there are plenty others in the same situation. We've just gotta have faith in it I guess :/

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Rejecta wrote:Anywho enough about that issue I made my feeling clear at the time and people said what they had to say. Ok put youself in my situation, you log on hoping to have a little bit of fun..someone PM's you accusing you of x-realming and saying your not welcome in Hib..How would that make you feel? now times that about 60odd and you see where I am coming from. :sheepskip
Yes.

Now put yourself in mine I log into the forums for a lunchtime browse and I discover someone saying the following:
Rejecta wrote:So far I am not seeing the comunity spirit that Hiberna is so famed for, all I am seeing is a bunch of bitching, moaning cocks who think it's ok to ruin my game time with personal insults.
The person saying this has also said something in the past that I vaguely remember pissed me off and I think wtf again.

Your in a double bind. We didn't put you there you walked in there all by yourself. So there is no need to go off at us about it, skipping sheep or not.

:arti:

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

i am someone that pm'd you rejecta , and not because i dont want you to have full access to both realms , but because at one moment , i am standing on a tower ( berk 4 to be precise ) trying to stop the mids from busting down the door , the next moment a group of albs come waltzing up ( no problem there) , they slaughter the mids ( grats indeed ) , i take the opportunity to throw my malice at a few from the safty of the battlements ,, i hit one or two , then i i throw it again and miss gamah ,," so what ? " we all cry , but in the same combat window gamah evades your atack , rejecta casts a spell . as he was standing right next to me , doesnt seem right to me ..

i didnt pm you any abuse , but i was certainly concerned , play all 3 realms on one server by all means , its your money , but maybe one at a time would br less for anyone to complain about.

you say you helped in the relic raid ,, cool nice one , but if you are known to have both accounts logged in at once , people may be a bit untrusting .

any way :) nvm :) happy killing and all that
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Aha, I see :D, It wasn't me playing rejecta I let a few freinds from IRC play him..it is litrally impossible for me to play 2 accounts in 2 realms at once as I only have 1 PC.

I see how you could think what you do, but I don't/can't play the 2 accouts side by side.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”