Keep Lenah in DAoC!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

there is no way you can keep someone in game just becuase you want them to stay, its unethical and can be seen as a form of bullying. Lenah has been a great inspiration to the whole community and i respect her descision to leave, and maybe you should too. /respect lenah and GL with whatever you choose to do. If daoc dosent make you happy anymore, stop playing it, its as simple as that.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

pikeh wrote:there is no way you can keep someone in game just becuase you want them to stay, its unethical and can be seen as a form of bullying. Lenah has been a great inspiration to the whole community and i respect her descision to leave, and maybe you should too. /respect lenah and GL with whatever you choose to do. If daoc dosent make you happy anymore, stop playing it, its as simple as that.
Your taking the thread far to seriously.
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

yes mate far too seriously lol. i was talking to lenah and said ' im going to start a Keep Lenah in DAoC' post on prydwen. and so i did.
dont take it to heart pikeh its meant more as a make Lenah blush lots thread ok
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

i think you took my post a bit to seriously as well. oh well, i was just saying that its probably not very fair to make a thread where everyone who she will miss just says "dont go" when she might have plans or whatever.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

VidX

Post by VidX »

If Lenah leaves I might have to start leading raids again, and that can't happen :(

For starters I've no time due to work :(

/em signs petition!
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Argyleyn wrote:People have lots of reasons to quit a mmorpg, if it involves some sort of silly argument over toa/rvr/whatever ingame then don't leave, if it involves being bored with the game or the game taking too much time of her life, then wish her a happy real life and let her go :)

First off please don't leave - what would we do without the Mistress of Hibernia??

Secondly Argyleyn please pm Killsimba who is about to leave because of Nobly pride members stealing an already pulled mob from him earlier today. He is a good friend and needs a bit of support.

Sharkith

Lenah

Post by Lenah »

Euuhmm ... wh000t?

*blush*

Few words from behind the silence ... I've been playing 12 hours plus every single day past 5-6 months now, giving the utmost everything to the daoc community and its been wonderfull time! I've so loved the feeling of being in charge lol =) And the support that my "Do you need..." - raids have been getting =) I can see that many have tried to copy it recently too heh, finally I've made difference aswell, people realize that "I want to help all to get AT" > "I need help with AT", wich is awesome to see. I have made tons of new friends, more than I could even really remember by name and its been great time. Anyway ...

During the constant playing of daoc, in the climax of addiction, I've failed to take care of some important things in real life. The financial situation I have ended up, finally got too fucked up to be left unnoticed. I quit going school somewhere 1,5 years ago when leading Mirage took all my time, and left work aprox a year ago, bit before joinin Chosen and starting this raid madness. Took me that about a year to stop for a second, watch back and notice that the addiction has became illness, that is about to ruin all that is considered "a life". 3 Weeks ago I finally had strenght to say "no more raids, I need to get a job", I cannot upkeep even my internet, not to mention having food without seriously reconsidering the situation.

So what can I say. Before I end up in mental institution, where I should've been long ago tbh =)) I just had to take the step make life mean more than the community. Yes yes I'll do the damn SC orders!! That is all that I can say for sure at this point. I dont know how long it takes to get the job, I got some promising things hapening over here, but still all this has an impact of how much I can devote time to daoc community, and I'm sure it cannot be in same levels ever again. I'll keep my accounts open and be online as much as I can, I try even put a raid going when I get the time and feeling =)

In this same post I want to warn you friends. In any case, dont let your life go the way I did. The feeling of being needed, being wanted in nice community like this. The feeling of being noticed, adored and loved, its intoxicating!! It gives you SO much, that it can make you blind to all other things and thus too ill to see how your real life goes straight down the toilet.

I appriciate this post Asterixxx, and with my left hand I slap you into face =) You just made me continue more in daoc and I dont know if its for good or bad. =)

/cheer to everyone! /victory for Hibernia!
Lenah 50 Bard ML8 sojourner
Eluwien 50 Eld ML5 conv
Harazer 50 Ench PVE only
Harapon 50 Bard BB PVE only
Bloodcure 50 Druid ML1 perf
Krnzacgh 50 Ani ML1 conv
Crystaleye 50 BM
Grilfriend 50 Druid BB
Sithknight 50 Hero

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abe Lincoln

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

O wow 12 hours a day..jeez

Take a breather and dont log in till you have RL arranged imo. RL > Daoc
finland:
holland:

levelnix
Emerald Rider

Post by levelnix »

hi lenah /big hug
we had a big time in mirage and i respect you as
1 of the nicest,helpfully and best player i ever met.......
but first rule (in mirage) always was RL first remenber this pls
and get rl sorted and don t play any game for others (gitt,asterixx....)

cu levelnix
levelnix

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

It's not really a matter of what Lenah want anyway... hibernia > lenah..its as easy as that. If we say you are to play, you play. If we say jump you say how high :)

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”