Adsl Recomendations

A home for those technical problems.
Mojo

Adsl Recomendations

Post by Mojo »

Hey folks

For the last 6 years I have had an NTL Cable Modem, I have just moved into a new place and NTL cable modems are no longer an option. Due to the fact that NTL sucks donkeys cock I am unwilling to sign up to their freedom? adsl service as unless they can give me a cable modem I dont want to have to put up with their shoddy customer service etc etc.

What I am looking for is 2-3mb unrestricted service or if I have no choice 10g+ monthly dl limit.

Im looking for something cheap, flexible with good service and quality kit so please let me know whats hot, whats not and who sucks donkeys cock. (and most of all who gets good daoc connectivity) :>
look, no hands!

Now retired

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

It's hard to find an ISP nowadays that doesn't have caps and limits, but Demon although generally a little more expensive have ALWAYS been one of the few ISPs to hold out and never implement caps and useage limits.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

http://www.adslguide.org

Lists all (i think) UK ADSL ISP's, has forums there so you can see what users think, and a bunch of other stuff :)
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

georgie

Post by georgie »

Pipex do a 2Meg service for £34 a month.

http://www.solo.pipex.com/specifications-pricing/

I'm pretty happy with them. Been a damn sight less troublesome than when I was with NTL anyway. :silly:

Silverbirch
Emerald Rider

Post by Silverbirch »

freedom 2 surf (f2s) is my service of choice.

My package is up to 2mbps @ 50:1 contention, with 60g monthly download (unmeterd from 00.00 to 06.00 hrs). the cost is £24.99/month

They also offer a 12gig per month package @ £15.99 /month iirc.

Their customer service is first class, and the members area is very comprehensive and full of useful info.

Here they are!
Now playing...

Midgard Glastonbury

Jemima, 'I see dead people'
Blencathra, pacifier
Helvelyn, Hoooge Twoll

-----
US ACCOUNTS...... Chanter ebayed, Druid Ebayed, Ranger for sale.....

-----
ON ICE... Hibernia Prydwen

Silverbirch Suela - Ranger

Anelille oftheValley - Enchantress

Flyagaric - Animist and mushroom abuser

Boofont Hairstylist - Druid

GM OF THE SYLVAN BLADES

------

PRYDWEN... A LOCAL SERVER FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Armok
Emerald Rider

Post by Armok »

i use AOL and im VERY happy with it..

£29.99 amonth for 2mb service

UNLIMITED downloads and no kick of timers etc etc.

i know lotsa peeps flame AOL but most of those are people who had it AGES ago . or some1 who aint ever tried it and only thgink its shite cos a "friend" told them so...

but im sure we have all heard horror storys about all isp's at one time or other.
Armok lvl50 Vampiir
<Green PeaceMakers>
Hibernia Prydwen

Jpeg ML10 RR5 Friar
Gankstar ML2 RR5 Scout
<Herfolge BoldKlub>
Albion Excalibur
:sheepskip:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xest wrote:It's hard to find an ISP nowadays that doesn't have caps and limits
Unless you move to sweden :) we got ½,2,8,24mbit offers all over sweden and with no cap :) (we got 100mbit offer in some of the major cities too but not adsl)

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Unless you move to sweden :) we got ½,2,8,24mbit offers all over sweden and with no cap :) (we got 100mbit offer in some of the major cities too but not adsl)

/Ankh
Yes, we know you're all spoilt cunts in Sweden, but unfotunately our phone network is overseen by BT which by default puts us at least 10years behind the rest of the world in telecommunications :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

eclipse.co.uk, they have a uk based helpdesk, offer a variety of packages, including a contention ratio of 20:1 for non-business customers. They also regularly topped the adslguide performance evaluations.

On demon - they have an offshore helpdesk that from my experience is awful.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Demon is my ISP of choice too... primarily as they dont have limits, their upload is less restricted than most, they offer a static IP... oh and my company pays the bill.... its a hard life. ;) seriously though they are the best of all that I have tried and have been quite happy to pay for the slightly more expensive service for the past year. Beats the hell out of 2 hour reconnect timers....
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Return to “Tech Help”