The Plus and Minus points of clustering.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

porkbelly wrote:the word d.a.m. is not a bad word here in UK , BUT seems to be very bad in USA .

i play nasca racing online with lots of peeps from USA and for saying that word d.a.m got me band from about 3 severs when i ask about this in many forums they all said it is as bad as swear words we use over here .

just thought ill let you know .
The yanks are religious nutters though tbh, more so than the fundamentalists they're slagging off in the middle east - I was in Arizona a couple of months ago and you know when you see a settlement with a mere 6 houses and 8 churches that there's something pretty ****ed up about that country.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Briannon wrote:Can't read the EULA here, but will check later. If it's as you say then what a damn fool I was for renewing for a year.

/agreed :D

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xest wrote:The yanks are religious nutters though tbh, more so than the fundamentalists they're slagging off in the middle east - I was in Arizona a couple of months ago and you know when you see a settlement with a mere 6 houses and 8 churches that there's something pretty ****ed up about that country.
Actually, the only bad think about that country is there are abit too many Yanks there ]/Ankh[/B]

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

what part of Arizona were you in Xest?

you could have come to visit me in lovely Chandler, which is abotu 15miles outside of Phoenix itself.

certain areas tend to take the church issue a bit too much, specially the predominantly mexican areas, in those areas, mostly the south of phoenix, theres more churches than bars.

and in some of the eastern parts, theres more titty bars than churches, shame, not managed to get to any of them yet tho.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Went to most parts. Landed in Phoenix and stayed there a couple of days, Scottsdale to be precise, then went on south to the biosphere 2 to see that, then went up to Sedona (I'm so going to retire there :p), then Flagstaff and onto the Grand Canyon south rim, over to Page then crossed into Utah to Monument Valley and back down to Phoenix to fly out. Was pretty hectic ;) I thought you were over in California, didn't realise you were in Arizona. Arizona is a really beautiful state, but it felt a lot less accomodating than California (although oddly, I didn't go to the more unsavoury parts of LA :p). The people just didn't seem as nice there, Californians seemed a lot more laid back than in Arizona but I sensed some tension between the Mexicans, native americans and the other Americans there, I might be wrong as I didn't really dare talk about it but I got the impression the different communities weren't too fond of each other is that the case or did I get the wrong impression ;) ? Either way, bottom of the list for hospitality in the US so far will be the yanks in Chicago they seemed to have the same general arsehole attitude there that you find in England.

Still Canada's the next stop in July for a few weeks so I'll see if they live upto their supposed great hospitality and beat the Californians ;)

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I got a speeding ticket in Arizona, (which i never paid the fine for)

I got a letter sent to me in the UK telling me they had issued a warrant from my arrest for non payment of fines and that they had revoked my drivers license that they issued me without having to take a drving test just so they could revoke it again.

gogo America :bunny:
look, no hands!

Now retired

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Mojo wrote:I got a speeding ticket in Arizona, (which i never paid the fine for)

I got a letter sent to me in the UK telling me they had issued a warrant from my arrest for non payment of fines and that they had revoked my drivers license that they issued me without having to take a drving test just so they could revoke it again.

bless them!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Mojo wrote:I got a speeding ticket in Arizona, (which i never paid the fine for)

I dare you to go back to the US, I bet you get jumped the second you pass immigration by the FBI and sent to guantanamo bay on terrorism charges!

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Xest is a bit affraid to go to US aswell afaik, aparently some hunter he been killing keep /taunting him when we run fast, high chanse same hunter will wait at airport and /taunt there aswell
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Heta wrote:Xest is a bit affraid to go to US aswell afaik, aparently some hunter he been killing keep /taunting him when we run fast, high chanse same hunter will wait at airport and /taunt there aswell
An SB keeps doing /rude at me when we're running round too :( What have I done to deserve such hate from Mid stealthers :<

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”