General Discussion

Moderator: willowywicca

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

KissXsis was pretty funny.
It prompted me to read the Manga, which is pretty much worse(in a good way) than the anime. I love the way the parents actively encourage them.

I dropped watching the Clannad after story, got 6 or 7 episodes in, then it just got depressing, having played the game through, i knew what was coming and didn't want to have that dragged over 9 hours.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Bubble wrote:KissXsis was pretty funny.
It prompted me to read the Manga, which is pretty much worse(in a good way) than the anime. I love the way the parents actively encourage them.

I dropped watching the Clannad after story, got 6 or 7 episodes in, then it just got depressing, having played the game through, i knew what was coming and didn't want to have that dragged over 9 hours.
I'll probably check out the manga, after the next OAD, since it's not far and I'd not want to be spoilered.

Clannad After Story ep23 was nice and fun (22 was the ending), it's set 1 year before Clannad and it mostly is about Kyou and Sunohara. Can watch it fine having skipped the whole series, it's not depressing at all, and maybe is new stuff that wasn't in the game?

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor
Malevolencia Lurikeen Champion

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

The game has like 8 different endings.
It sounds like Episode 23 was the Sunohara ending. (No its not a H Game!)
The Sunohara ending was all about how they meet, how them being friends saved them both from getting expelled.
There teacher was the one behind it and and kinda manipulated them into it.

I'll download it now and check it out :)

Valkyria Chronicles and Full Metal Alchemist are the ones i'm looking to follow next season, have you heard of any other good ones?

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Nothing that big name really that I've heard of, but I'm interested enough that I'll probably try out a few episodes of the following:

Guin Saga (based on novels which currently are at the 125th volume.. interested just to see how they can make a coherent short anime series from such gigantic source)
FMA (duh)
K-ON! (KyoAni)
Shangri-la (uh dunno, has a weird plot that seems vaguely interesting!)
Shin Mazinger (retro!)
Senjou no Valkyria (some game made anime)
Basquash (robot basketball with NIKE ads!)
Cross Game (baseball and slice of life)
Natsu no Arashi (from the creator of school rumble, apparently)
Saki (mahjong! and apparently meido fuku)
Arad Senki (an mmo turned anime, gonzo's 2nd attempt after Druaga (which was good aside from the ending ><))
Queens Blade (fanservice and fanservicey battles)
Asura Cryin' (trailer seemed okay, some kind of magic/fantasy/mecha(?) wotsits thing)
Tayutama (Fanservice)
Hatsukoi Gentei (fanservice and romantic comedy, manga was decent)

Wheeew, huge list. Highly unlikely I stick with even half of em past episode 1 :p And may pick up other things based on blog reviews etc (also may end up not even watching some if blogs all say they're dreadful).

For now, I'm most looking forwards to the Koihime Musou OVA, which is released today and hopefully raws out soooon :p

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Koihime Musou OVA was great \o/

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

*b*
Emerald Rider

Post by *b* »

thanks willow :)

seen a few series that i didn't know about 2nd series ect so got something to look forward to.
**Doac**
Bodica willowblade (Druid)
hellising alucard (nightshade)

**WoW**
Tankgirl (warrior)
willowblade (hunter)

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

I didn't realise they were releasing Dragonball again.

Dragonball Z remastered and compressed to 100 episodes, closely following the manga this time.

willowywicca
Emerald Rider

Post by willowywicca »

Okay I've watched most of them now, so I'll give my opinions!

Guin Saga - Good first ep! I want to know what happens next.. yet given this is based on 125+ vols of novels.. I guess it's doomed to a horrible anime ending from the start.
FMA - going to watch still, seems like we're in for a lot of recapping of the original series for the coming episodes though ;( (necessary but still.. :( )
K-ON! - great! not as great as some overly excited people are raving, but still great!
Shangri-la - not watched yet.
Shin Mazinger - first episode is a must see. the current holder of title for "worst first episode in the history of ever!" aside from that.. I highly doubt I'll continue this one :p (I assume this first episode was a summary of the last 20 episodes of the original mazinger..)
Senjou no Valkyria - Pretty interesting, main guy is amusing, main girl has cute expressions, plot is okay~ I shall continue!
Basquash - surprisingly good, much more than I expected, definitely on my watch list!
Cross Game - Got through surprisingly much of the manga in episode 1 (was expecting it to take 2 episodes) was well done imo and since I like the manga I'll keep watching it.
Natsu no Arashi - pretty sure I'm dropping this, not funny or interesting or anything really.
Saki - The "dramatic" mahjong is so bad it's funny, there's yuri moe! it's great for all the wrong reasons! I'm going to keep watching it x<
Arad Senki - Ep1 was decent enough, interactions between the main sword guy and the gun guy (I rock with names) was funny, though can imagine it growing annoying quite fast.. probably I'll continue
Queens Blade - Yay fanservice! They fooled me though, there was no tentacle rape in episode 2.. it was actually a very long tongue!
Asura Cryin' - Quite fun so far! may get bad once actual mecha combat starts to happen, which they've avoided for now.. A-KU-MA! indeed
Tayutama - mmm, ep1 was okay~~~ but nothing special really.. I'll give it one more ep to hit me with some great fanservice or this may be shelved ;(
Hatsukoi Gentei - Never really liked this first story in the manga that much, it was okay though, prefer the characters who become the focus later on, so I'll keep watching for that...

Also watching DBZ for the heck of it x< I've actually only ever seen it dubbed before, only have seen a few clips of the original japanese voices and feeling they were vastly superior. So will watch it now to see if it's true!1 or something... some one stop me.. I need help..

Oh and, I dropped Hayate the Combat Butler in season 1 pretty early on as it was just random and worse than the manga ;( But now series 2 by the new studio is following the anime well and funny, so I have to watch that too :/ Also, the ED is just pure hinagiku love. H-I-N-A Hingiku HAI HAI! How can you not love it?!

So yeah, I knocked only 2 of them off my watch list :E still way too many lol. I'm also still watching Sora Kakeru Shoujo and Chrome Shelled Regios from last season (26 ep serieses). SoraKake is just great fun when it's not being too serious, Lelouche's.. erm sorry, Jun Fukuyama's role is just so perfect for him it's scary. Always a great time when he gets to go wild. Chrome Shelled Regios, I, like everyone, ever, am watching due to Felli, who is just awesome <3 rest of the show is pretty pants tbh, but angry loli kicking stuff is just brilliant!

In other news, Miura Kentaro is taking a break from playing IdolMaster (I am not joking ><) to continue writing Berserk next month! Hurray! Bout time ><

Onigiri Inconnu Traitor

Bubble
Emerald Rider

Post by Bubble »

Senjou no Valkyria is based on the game.
I really enjoyed the game so am looking forward to more of it, the story should get more interesting

Korax
Emerald Rider

Post by Korax »

The thread hast been abandoned! O.o
[Gareth]
Vladon - Warrior
<Crimson Eclipse>

[Prydwen]
Valdon - Warden
Korax - Nightshade
<Crimson Tears>

Return to “Animé Theatre”