Lord of the Rings online - Screenshots

Home for Lord of the Rings Online Players
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

OohhoO wrote:Usually when I'm on the test server the dominant language is german, so maybe instead of the Brits telling the Germans to stop speaking German it should be the other way round? Ban English on the server?.
like i said before
its just the new people who are arrogant gits and wont try to get along with anyone hence the argueing..
Before peeps used to speak in german in the ooc channel. For about one sentence. There is actually a chat thing for german/french etc peeps to chat in german/french etc..
But for some reason the newer beta joiners refuse to even consider speaking anywhere else even if people cannot understand them.

Thats the whole arguement.

You could be speaking japanese for all i care. Fact is - if alot of peeps cannot understand you, you shouldnt be speaking it...
I tell the ladies off at work for speaking err gugarati (spelling) around me :p

And its kinda pedantic to start quoting that people should speak german cuz thats what people are cuz thats just moronic. Everybody knows that unless it is called FRENCH GERMAN SPANISH etc server - the main language will be english...

And as for bringing WW2 into it all the bloody time...I would like to see how patriotic these idiots are during Poppy day or stuff...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Banana...sit down..take a cup of tea..and relax :)

/Ankh

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Lieva wrote:There is actually a chat thing for german/french etc peeps to chat in german/french etc..
But for some reason the newer beta joiners refuse to even consider speaking anywhere else even if people cannot understand them.
Hmmm I didn't know that...
Maybe the German & French people don't know it either! :D
If it's not widely known & no-one tells anyone about it then you can't really expect people to follow it.

Lieva wrote:You could be speaking japanese for all i care. Fact is - if alot of peeps cannot understand you, you shouldnt be speaking it...
So as a lot of peeps in Beta apparently don't understand English you mean people shouldn't speak English? O.o

Lieva wrote:And its kinda pedantic to start quoting that people should speak german cuz thats what people are cuz thats just moronic. Everybody knows that unless it is called FRENCH GERMAN SPANISH etc server - the main language will be english...
Hmmm I didn't know that either.
In fact it doesn't fit to my experience of gaming at all.
I played on lots of UO servers where it didn't say the server was German but 50%+ of the players spoke German so generally German was spoken, alongside English, Dutch, Danish, Swedish etc etc etc without people getting their knickers in a twist about it.
Maybe this is one of those things which mainly English-speaking "Everybodys" know, but other language speakers don't know, because it doesn't apply in their experience, & is therefore not actually something which "Everybody" knows & not actually the case at all?
:?
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Saw an interesting age thingy for LotRo...
Apparently the majority of LotRo beta-testers are over 30.
Less than 6% are 18 or younger.
Interesting :)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

OohhoO wrote:I played on lots of UO servers where it didn't say the server was German but 50%+ of the players spoke German so generally German was spoken, alongside English, Dutch, Danish, Swedish etc etc etc without people getting their knickers in a twist about it.
Drachenfels ;) ?

?< Maybe ?< it ?< was ?< the ?< "uber" ?< UO! translation ?< program ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Lieva wrote:like i said before
its just the new people who are arrogant gits and wont try to get along with anyone hence the argueing..
Before peeps used to speak in german in the ooc channel. For about one sentence. There is actually a chat thing for german/french etc peeps to chat in german/french etc..

Thats the whole arguement.

You could be speaking japanese for all i care. Fact is - if alot of peeps cannot understand you, you shouldnt be speaking it...
I tell the ladies off at work for speaking err gugarati (spelling) around me :p

And its kinda pedantic to start quoting that people should speak german cuz thats what people are cuz thats just moronic. Everybody knows that unless it is called FRENCH GERMAN SPANISH etc server - the main language will be english...

And as for bringing WW2 into it all the bloody time...I would like to see how patriotic these idiots are during Poppy day or stuff...

I agree with you, thats how I have experienced it also, it just seem that the Germans and French are just bull headed and can't accept English as the main language to speak.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Elrandhir wrote:I agree with you, thats how I have experienced it also, it just seem that the Germans and French are just bull headed and can't accept English as the main language to speak.
You'll never get the French to accept it, they're even more arrogant with regards to protecting their language than us British even. The difference is, their language is dying whilst ours is growing :p

I've never had much problem with Germans though to be honest, they seem generally like a nice bunch of people, well, nowadays they do anyway ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

[quote="Xest"]You'll never get the French to accept it, they're even more arrogant with regards to protecting their language than us British even. The difference is, their language is dying whilst ours is growing :p

I've never had much problem with Germans though to be honest, they seem generally like a nice bunch of people, well, nowadays they do anyway ]

I don't have an problem with the people, just the attitude they seem to have on this matter, even me who aint from the UK think it's pretty obvious how it should be.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »