The Plus and Minus points of clustering.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Briannon wrote:/sigh

You may only need one but you're paying for two, and hence the ability to use two realms. Under clustering you would effectively only get one relam so the cost per realm doubles. You won't see your subs cut in half because you can only access one realm.
Don´t really se it that way as I havent played on any other then hib/prydwen, well have tested, but have no need of being able to change neways =P
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Elrandhir wrote:Don´t really se it that way as I havent played on any other then hib/prydwen, well have tested, but have no need of being able to change neways =P

Ok, let me put it another way... does clustering represent better value for money?

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

no, we can still play two realms, there is just a delay on which we can access them.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

pikeh wrote:no, we can still play two realms, there is just a delay on which we can access them.

Only if you already have alts on both servers.

Am I getting boring now?

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

well, someone smart would just create alts now and be able to play them when clustering arrives (IF IT arrives lol), and anyway, its a good thing that you cant play the same account successivley as mentioned before, it will stop x realming and RR blabbering etc.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

oh and yeah, we are given a PvP server and mythic have even released guidlines on how to change the primary UI language on german and french servers, so we are really allowed to play them all.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

pikeh wrote:well, someone smart would just create alts now and be able to play them when clustering arrives (IF IT arrives lol), and anyway, its a good thing that you cant play the same account successivley as mentioned before, it will stop x realming and RR blabbering etc.

Yes I am getting boring.

hib/pryd and alb/excal is not cross realming at present. Clustering creates that problem, something beyond my control, and the solution to cross-realming under clustering restricts my current options thereby making the game poorer value for money.

I'm talking here from the perspective of someone who has previously had to delete a lot of alts following server clustering just to get round the 8 hour "cool-down" period that was imposed.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

pikeh wrote:oh and yeah, we are given a PvP server and mythic have even released guidlines on how to change the primary UI language on german and french servers, so we are really allowed to play them all.

Sure you can change the UI, but I really don't know enough French and German to be able to communicate with the players on the French and German servers. I have the benefit of a crap policy on teaching foreign languages in English schools that means playing on a French or German server really isn't an option.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

The underlying problem is that DAoC (En-Eu) is reaching (Has reached?) the point where the population cannot support 2 servers. In order to maintain the best playability options for everyone Goa are looking at using clustering.

If the Excal/Pryd don't cluster you need to look at the alternative, living with a continually declining server population.

Personally, as I have mentioned before, I think this is an ideal opportunity for Goa to give the En-Eu community it's long awaited third server!

They could introduce a third server enabling everyone to play all 3 realms, it would obviously require a little adjustment to the system to allow characters to be created on all 3 realms. The hour wait between swaps seems a reasonably compromise between abuse and playability.

Given the choice though 1 playable server is more important than 2 unplayable ones and at least this way everyone gets to keep all the characters, rather than waiting for everyone to gradually migrate to Excal anyway :o

Yes we all know the ideal solution is for the game to be marketed etc and getting higher populations, but with Goa's track record do you really see that happening?

In fact the second best option would be to move Pryd & Excal to Mythic and allow us to become part of the US system, but that won't happen either :D

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Ovi wrote:
In fact the second best option would be to move Pryd & Excal to Mythic and allow us to become part of the US system, but that won't happen either :D

This is probably THE best solution long-term for everyone, but as you say, can't see Mythic wanting to do that.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”