Planning a smoking area?

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Xest wrote:Because you can't help mental illness, you can stop smoking. Most other harmful things have laws surrounding them, you can get drunk but if you get agressive and hit someone you'll be done for GBH. You can drive, but if you drive dangerously you'll be done under road safety laws. The difference with smoking is you can do it, but as of now in the UK there is not yet any law stopping you harming other people with it, this is going to change and quite rightly so.
No but you can help people with a mental illness. If this doesnt happen, or goes wrong in some way and the mental ill would kill someone else it is indirectly killing someone (its not his vault he's mental ill, yada, yada). There is so much more polution in the air (even in your house) then just smoke of sigarette's. Less beeing ignorant in that department.
Xest wrote:Honestly I'd have no problem with smoking if it didn't effect others but it does
I stopped reading here. Come back when you get the cluepon.
----------------------------
Tuthmes - lvl50 - rr7 - Ranja
Nefertete - lvl50 - rr9 - Bardesse
Neterbaiu - lvl50 - rr8 - Eldrich
Koenoe - lvl50 - rr8 - Dr00d
Achnaton - lvl50 - rr4 - Animist
Ausernefert - lvl50 - rr5 - Mentalist
Horemheb - lvl50 - rr3 Chimp
Soulsistah - lvl50 - rr6 Vampz0r
Nebcheperure - lvl50 - rr6 Valewalker
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Tuthmes wrote:And smoking insta kills you and your friends, 100% true.

*Reports sponsered by the anti smoking lobby (ex smokers) and advertised by Xest.*
Weren't you crying about flaming just now?
OohhoO wrote:The American government probably directly causes more deaths each year than smoking causes indirectly. Let's just get rid of it shall we?
Nice try but so fundamentally flawed. It's not the whole US goverment responsible for those deaths, it's key elements such as the main players in the Bush administration and yes, most people in the world would gladly see them disposed of. Thank you for proving my point.
Tuthmes wrote:What a load of bullshit.
Using pathetic arguements to justify intolerance & discrimination.
I'm so discriminated against I can't drive 200mph past schools. It was only the other day we were discussing how discrimination is abused by people who frankly have no other argument for their faults, thank you for proving it. I suppose you think paedophiles shouldn't be discriminated against too for their habits?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Tuthmes wrote:I stopped reading here. Come back when you get the cluepon.
I don't need to when I can just laugh irl that you can't smoke in public places.

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Xest wrote:Weren't you crying about flaming just now?
Still am! :|
Xest wrote:Nice try but so fundamentally flawed. It's not the whole US goverment responsible for those deaths, it's key elements such as the main players in the Bush administration and yes, most people in the world would gladly see them disposed of. Thank you for proving my point.
The majority of the US voted for Bush, twice... Mebbe you should do something about the mental illness of your fellow country men.
Xest wrote:I'm so discriminated against I can't drive 200mph past schools. It was only the other day we were discussing how discrimination is abused by people who frankly have no other argument for their faults, thank you for proving it. I suppose you think paedophiles shouldn't be discriminated against too for their habits?
Yet you are allowed to Bbq, burn your food, open a can of ammonia, drive a char. You can drive 200mph if you want too, if you get caught you might get a ticket. Smokers on the otherhand, pay upfront for the damage they "might" make.
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Tuthmes wrote:The majority of the US voted for Bush, twice... Mebbe you should do something about the mental illness of your fellow country men.
Are you related to Arcsalin?

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Xest wrote:I don't need to when I can just laugh irl that you can't smoke in public places.
Luckely i still can, infact at the train stations we got pole's where we can smoke next too (yes a ridiculess compremise). Not to mention most people who watch the station, realise its dumb and you can smoke anywhere.
Good thing i still can smoke in bars, restaurants, disco's, etc!
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Xest wrote:Are you related to Arcsalin?
Ill give you an F for the effort.
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Tuthmes wrote:Ill give you an F for the effort.
No I think you missed my point, he mistakenly thought I was from the US too. Regardless, I've updated the location portion of my profile to aid people from making this mistake in future :p

Still I think we'll have to agree to disagree as at least in the UK it's out of our hands anyway, Labour does whatever the fuck they want no matter what we think ;)

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

lets not forget that breathing in passive smoke isn't the only negative affect it can have on you! nicotine passes through the skin, so if you are in a smokey environment, your blood vessels constrict. someone with an embolus ('large' foreign body) in their bloodstream is more likely to suffer a stroke around someone that is smoking. and emboli aren't only present in "fat peoples" blood, a damaged arterial wall can cause an embolus.
and also, if you go to a smoky bar, you end up stinking. personally, i can't wait for the ban.
i don't have a sig.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

If your argument is based on the harm it does to "innocent" bystanders then there're a few other things you need to ban too...

Anybody who gets in their car is also murdering innocent people who breath in the fumes
Anyone who gets in a plane is murdering innocent bystanders who breath in the fumes
Anybody who uses ANY mass-produced article is murdering innocent bystanders who breath in the fumes from the factory (which can spread over the ENTIRE planet from one factory)

If you want to use that argument then mankind needs to go back 250 years to before the industrial revolution & we can all become Quakers or Mormons or some other fasco-religious organisation.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Return to “Off Topic”