The Plus and Minus points of clustering.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Rami

Post by Rami »

Plus:
If they only cluster RvR:

+ More people to kill

+ More people for frontier raids (keeps, towers, relics)

+ More fun

+ No roaming around for 2 hours without finding anything

+ We get the least retarded people on excal (the hibs :D)

If they cluster PvE and ToA:

+ More people to group with

+ Alot easier for new players to level up and actually enjoy the game and find new friends

Minus:

- The albzerg will be huge

- Possible lag and servercrashes (?)

- There will be alot more whine on FH :cow:

If they cluster ToA:

- Artifacts like Guard of Valor will be harder to get

But spawn and droprate is fixed in a few patches I think so I wouldn't mind.

I voted yes ofc. Prydwen RvR at the moment is not worth playing. But I wonder if Excalibur is really the right server to cluster with since it still have a pretty big population. But I guess they don't have any other choice since there's only 2 english servers :P

Prydwen needs Clustering
Excalibur doesn't

But what the heck, give cluster. Would prefer RvR + Old world, SI and Catacombs only. But if they decide to put in ToA too I don't mind. And just RvR is ok too :mezz:
shotz:

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

True I guess Rami, is some annoying things about it, but is some positiv once also, and knowing that pop will only continue to decrease I guess it´s good really.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Elrandhir wrote:True I guess Rami, is some annoying things about it, but is some positiv once also, and knowing that pop will only continue to decrease I guess it´s good really.
Is the population going down or up at the moment? My impression was we were getting some new people and some back from WoW. Anyone got any actual numbers?

In some ways I'd prefer a server merge to clustering, even if it meant people having to choose which server's characters got deleted and which they kept playing. In the end, I think clustering will make a lot of people give up playing more than one realm, and merging would avoid a lot of the potential for conflict.

But actually I don't want clustering or merging, I want more advertising and new players. Can we vote for that on the poll please?

Rami

Post by Rami »

Kallima wrote:Is the population going down or up at the moment? My impression was we were getting some new people and some back from WoW. Anyone got any actual numbers?
It's going up, but pryd is still a small server :snail:
shotz:

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Kallima wrote:Is the population going down or up at the moment? My impression was we were getting some new people and some back from WoW. Anyone got any actual numbers?
I don´t know numbers and Increasing or not as of late, but it will noone can stop that really on a game that is as old as Daoc, or what do you think?

May go up for awhile again people comming back, but will decrease again ofc.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Elrandhir wrote:I don´t know numbers and Increasing or not as of late, but it will noone can stop that really on a game that is as old as Daoc, or what do you think?

May go up for awhile again people comming back, but will decrease again ofc.
Actually I used to play a pretty stone age MMORPG game. Numbers were low and everyone said it was doomed. I quit 3 or 4 years ago because some game staff were supplying 'I win' items to selected favoured players. I haven't gone back myself, but the game changed hands, certain game staff were removed, there was some advertising, game is still going and a lot more players now.

And this game is truly stone age and pathetic compared to DAOC.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Kallima wrote:Actually I used to play a pretty stone age MMORPG game. Numbers were low and everyone said it was doomed. I quit 3 or 4 years ago because some game staff were supplying 'I win' items to selected favoured players. I haven't gone back myself, but the game changed hands, certain game staff were removed, there was some advertising, game is still going and a lot more players now.

And this game is truly stone age and pathetic compared to DAOC.
Ok, I can´t be sure and neither can anyone else, but probably it´s going to be that way though.

And GOA/Mythic making new MMORPG´s will probably make them more concerned about those further ahead, dunno but is how I belive.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Ankh Morpork wrote:When reaching level 50 and Ml10....if its pure PvE whats the point of continuing playing?

/Ankh

Maybe none. But every character reaches a point where it can do no more unless a new expansion comes out.

If you have level 50 ML10 RR12 - what is there after that?

But having said that, a PvE server (or co-operative as Gaheris is more accurately described) is a variation on the main game, not a complete alternative so it will reach a point where development is arrested. It's part of the deal when you sign up to that style of play.

Nored
Emerald Rider

Post by Nored »

pikeh wrote:General rudeness from excal people (ive played there for a bit longer than i have hib so i know what its like)

We'll just be sooooooo friendly that they are so amazed that they shut up? ;)
Nored, 50 Champ <Green Peacekeepers>

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Elrandhir wrote:Ok, I can´t be sure and neither can anyone else, but probably it´s going to be that way though.

And GOA/Mythic making new MMORPG´s will probably make them more concerned about those further ahead, dunno but is how I belive.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that game age and quality is not the only factor in number of players, the actions of those running the game are important too.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”