Vanguard

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

8 US PVE
Thunderaxe
Florendyl - the official RP preferred server
Woefeather
Gulgrethor
Targonor
Hilsbury
Shidreth
Flamehammer

1 US PVP
Tharridon

1 US alt PVP
Varking

1 EU PVE
Gelenia

1 EU PVP
Frengrot
Unfortunatly I doubt the EU pvp server use the Good Vs Evil rules. I can't stand the free for all pvp so I guess it will either be the pve server - or Varking.

Edit: These are the 12 launch servers - they will add more servers laters.

/Ankh

Mallus
Emerald Rider

Post by Mallus »

Euro PvP server is team based - so it's Thestrans against Qalians against Kojans ..... a bit like Mids against Albs against Hibs really :)

more Euro servers coming in March for French and German players and some others I think - also a PvP Free for All server

Playing at the moment reminds me somewhat of Glastonbury - half the group being French but having to speak Frenglish - no doubt racial warfare will break out soon :D

Having said that, it's fun - good fun, even if all you want is something not demanding there's plenty of that too - don't knock it till you try it.
All chars retired, much as I loved DAOC nothing is for ever - but the first 2 years were the best imho :D

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gonna start on it today when I get home! :) I wonder if I can get the bloody train to go faster..

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

let me know what its like
dunno why but .. something about this game makes me not wanna play it..
wish i knew what it was :/

had the same thing about swg tbh ..
think its something to do with sony station being involved :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

You can find me and sandra at Frengrot. Atm im enjoying the desert with my ranger (and sandra is a bloodmage).

Edit: I've made chars on Frengrot, Florendyl and Gelenia.

/Ankh

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

so how is it Ankh?
more info? :)

how's the pvp server thing works?
Like DAOC pvp server? Like WoW PvP servers?

i looked at the trailer, and it seems to me very EQ2ish tbh, hmm O.o
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Umm..not sure what to say tbh :D I love it!

But the pvp..well, I think ill swap to a PvE server next week. The pvp is either free for all or good vs evil. Problem with good vs evil is that some of the people have been playing the beta alot - so it took 1day for the first group of enemies to find their way to where I was exping and start chainkilling me. As much as I like pvp - I do wanna be able to enjoy pve without the need of keeping an eye at enemy players. It runs great now, love the distant blur I added and the graphics are really nice. Entertaining quests too! The Player page is just amazing.
http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/index.vm
Check out how much info there is about players and the world!!!

I like the fact that if your the first player to find something or enter an area - this will be mentioned to others!

Edit: Oh, and with more than 100 emotes this is a great game for roleplayers :P (emotes with sound effects too..nice)

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

now youve played it for 4 days - still good or? :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Yepp nana, I still enjoy it alot. Quite easy to solo things in the game (at early levels atleast) - but I havent been playing as much as I wanted as i've been quite busy with rl for once :)

/Ankh

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Lo folks,

I've been playing Vanguard since just before retail release and I really enjoy it. Graphics are simliar to camelot and interface is more like WoW. Which in my opinion is the best of both worlds.

There are still quite a few bugs, but they are ironing them out slowly.

I play on the U.S. servers as I don't want another Camelot PvP server where all the chat is in french and german and I don't speak either.

Playing a bard at the moment which is very good, you have to make all your own songs then macros to set your battle stances weapons and songs.

Diplomacy is interesting, it's basically a card game which I enjoy.

Crafting is very different to camelot and WoW, I've been told it's more like SWG crafting system, not that I'd know as never really played SWG.

The harvesting of materials is very similar to WoW.

One other good thing is that you have different set of clothes for adventuring, crafting, harvesting diplomacy and you set them all up seperatly. once thats done when ever you start to do one of them you automatically swap clothes.

Any I beter get back to work and if you wanna look me up, I'm on Shidreth (think thats the name). Characters are Fin, Scabs, Gibbler and Delath.
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Return to “Other Games”