FFS don't let pryd.net die!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

I think too many peeps look at Warhammer with rose tinted glasses thinking that it will be the solution their current game problem with DAOC. This will not be the case, and more to the point, you will still be dealing with GOA as the secondary server delivery/customer service point which means ...........
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Arcsalin wrote:I think too many peeps look at Warhammer with rose tinted glasses thinking that it will be the solution their current game problem with DAOC. This will not be the case, and more to the point, you will still be dealing with GOA as the secondary server delivery/customer service point which means ...........
I don't think people are looking with rose coloured specs, I just think it's people being realistic. DAoC, particularly hib/Pryd has already lost most of it's players, and WAR will kill off a large part of the rest.

As this is a DAoC forum, it makes sense for it to move on to the "DAoC sequel" rather than an alternative. I am sure if WAR is really rubbish then it won't become a WAR forum.

It is way to early to see how WAR will shape up at release, but if it doesn't shape up people will still leave DAOC, which is already showing it's age!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Arcsalin wrote:I think too many peeps look at Warhammer with rose tinted glasses thinking that it will be the solution their current game problem with DAOC. This will not be the case, and more to the point, you will still be dealing with GOA as the secondary server delivery/customer service point which means ...........
which is why if i play it i'll be using the US servers :p

if possible
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lieva wrote:which is why if i play it i'll be using the US servers :p

if possible
OFC there will be a way xD However, if my application is successful to the recent GOA jobs advertised on their site. Then I will insist you stay in Euro :>
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Ovi wrote:I don't think people are looking with rose coloured specs, I just think it's people being realistic. DAoC, particularly hib/Pryd has already lost most of it's players, and WAR will kill off a large part of the rest.

As this is a DAoC forum, it makes sense for it to move on to the "DAoC sequel" rather than an alternative. I am sure if WAR is really rubbish then it won't become a WAR forum.

It is way to early to see how WAR will shape up at release, but if it doesn't shape up people will still leave DAOC, which is already showing it's age!

I will monitor the change in this reply after LOTM is released :>
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Maybe it's time to relinquish the use of the word "Prydwen"? It was inevitable that such a name (being closely linked with DAoC and even a specific server) would eventually become more of a drawback than a blessing. So maybe it's time to start a new forum with a new name and more importantly, a name that is unique and not linked to any game? That way, no matter what game you play, the forum would never become obsolete. Maybe a "catch all" name which suggests that no matter what you play, this forum is for you?

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Yeah, like FOTM I'm leaving Daoc and all my friends on the internet forum or friends from game disunited etc :p
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Camlann

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Gandelf wrote:Maybe it's time to relinquish the use of the word "Prydwen"? It was inevitable that such a name (being closely linked with DAoC and even a specific server) would eventually become more of a drawback than a blessing. So maybe it's time to start a new forum with a new name and more importantly, a name that is unique and not linked to any game? That way, no matter what game you play, the forum would never become obsolete. Maybe a "catch all" name which suggests that no matter what you play, this forum is for you?
why change the name?
the name is like a brand, like wine, the older it gets the better :D
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

ShiShi wrote:why change the name?
the name is like a brand, like wine, the older it gets the better :D

Not always true...

"Marathon" bars became "Snickers", "Opal Fruits" became "Starburst", "Jif" cleaner became "Cif" etc. etc. Can anyone remember the former name of "ntl:" ?

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Gandelf wrote:Not always true...

"Marathon" bars became "Snickers", "Opal Fruits" became "Starburst", "Jif" cleaner became "Cif" etc. etc. Can anyone remember the former name of "ntl:" ?
The only reason those brands changed was so that they could concentrate on promoting 1 brand instead of 2.

I personally still remember things by their original brand names... IF they were worth remembering. I don't remember NTL's original name, because I use "Birmingham Cable", I still like Marathons and Opal Fruits were "made to your mouth water" :)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”