pry.net=dead?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Kallima wrote:I didn't think this was about attacking anyone, it was about what I gather was some explicit sexual content.
Explicit sexual content, lol.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Actually, i'm not really arsed about the whole thing, i'll just stick to keeping up with the nfd gg2 section.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Cromcruaich wrote:Explicit sexual content, lol.
I dread to think how truly explicit content would be received when a brief mention such as was the original off hand comment is termed as sexually explicit...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Cromcruaich wrote:Explicit sexual content, lol.

Like I said... I gathered it was that based on Taki's comment.

And yes this forum is down to a small group of people, but there are still some left to offend. Some of us are still trying against the odds to keep using it for arranging game stuff. You won't see some of those posts as they are in private sections but they still exist.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Xest wrote:Problem is taking other people's views into consideration works both ways, Crom should equally have the right to say what he wants to say as long as he isn't directly attacking anyone.
Bah, just wrote a reply and lost it...
He wasnt directly attacking anyone, what he posted appeared to be a tongue in cheek snide remark aimed at thoose that dont want 18+ discussions in open forums.
Direct or indirect it was still a comment likely to provoke a negative response from thoose it was directed towards.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Cromcruaich wrote:Plenty of swearing in main thread that hasnt been doctored, but the main active bit of prydwen is the nfd gg2 spot anyway. Im not too bothered really, anything that stirs up some posts is good, but lets be honest, your tolerances on this are pretty polarised. Now this forum is a small group of people, who is left to offend?
i can only respond to what i see and yes i agree im fairly polarised, ive had my stance on swearing and lewd discussions since i started.
Where are still people left that can be offended, just because you only see nfd gg2 section does not mean that is all there is.
Both my fixed group section and alliance section are used for information and planning events but only the members of thoose groups will see thoose threads.
Ive also no idea how many other guilds or groups have private sections here.

Taki if it was in an open section then i would report it, if it was in an 18+ or titled section then i wouldnt have seen it.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

On the subject of x-rated content, was kinda hoping the picture of 'bunny chow' was something other than a loaf of bread.
Mael, 50th ment.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I read the original post before it was doctored & TBH I didn't see anything offensive or what I would define as sexually explicit. The words & tone used were no different (if not considerably more moderate) than what I hear from the lips of both men & women who are generally considered polite at home &/or at work in the bank every day of the week.

Nothing to get offended or worked up about IMO, although I accept your mileage might vary. Personally I found it amusing :D

Let's not generate bad blood when there are so few of us left.
<hugs>
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

OohhoO wrote:I read the original post before it was doctored & TBH I didn't see anything offensive or what I would define as sexually explicit. The words & tone used were no different (if not considerably more moderate) than what I hear from the lips of both men & women who are generally considered polite at home &/or at work in the bank every day of the week.

Nothing to get offended or worked up about IMO, although I accept your mileage might vary. Personally I found it amusing :D

Let's not generate bad blood when there are so few of us left.
<hugs>
I thought the comment was amusing myself... was just pointing to crom that it was in the public domain rather than on our guild chat or our own forum... by any means I didn't find it offensive and thought the humour wouldnt be lost on the members here.. apparently I was wrong.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:I didn't think this was about attacking anyone
Aran wrote:He wasnt directly attacking anyone
I know, which is why I felt it was a bad decision to censor it, the reason to censor direct flames is to prevent the discussion spiraling downwards but even then a lock is the best bet.
Kallima wrote:One curious thing to me is that I have learned more new rude words and information on unusual sexual practices directly from DAOC open chat channels and DAOC related forums than I did when I lived for a year or so in a red light district
Exactly, the internet, particularly online gaming communities are chock full of people who find "bad" language and "offensive" material acceptable which is why imo it's a little arrogant for people to expect the majority to adhere to their beliefs and feelings. Besides, DAoC is rated 12+ with a "game experience may change during online play" warning anyway so should any young kids be okay'd to play the game their parents should surely be happy for them to see this kind of material anyway.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”