RvR fun stuff ....

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Dardalion
Emerald Rider

RvR fun stuff ....

Post by Dardalion »

<rambling intro> .. I was at work today (i work for the Environmental Health Dept for a local council) & got sent to a little old ladies house who had a wasp nest in her garden.

Turns out it was in a sodding great big thick hedge, so, i get all my kit on, (end up looking like the michelin man) & start rummaging through the leylandi looking for this nest, i spend about 15 mins looking for it & i'm sweating my cobs off when i pull a branch & manage to split this wasp nest in half .... 15 seconds later im being attacked by about 5 trillion pissed off wasps ... ok i exagerate .. was probably only a thousand or so but it looked like shit loads :D anyway, im all suited & booted & waving my big pot of insectacide about trying to kill them & im stood there thinking "this is just like playing my <ranger, vamp etc> ... you spend ages looking for somthing then half the server turns up at the same time & kicks your arse" (see !!! there is a RvR connection honest)

Anyways, job done, wasps dead, bee suit off, ive changed my underpants & am drinking a nice bottle of warm water in the van & i started to think what we as player's (not just hibs but all realms) could do to have some (different) kinds of fun in rvr. I didnt think of too much but i did think it might be fun if ......

We found a nice open area of land, no mobs, aggro etc, 3 armies stand facing each other emote-ing like mad & at a pre-appointed time all charge into mellee. Each army would be in there own bg / cg & no one would be allowed to group, you could have it so there no casters allowed, or maybe just a few casters, no healers or a few healers, you could even be really daring & have no buffs! It could even be fun if it was just tanks, everyone could start on there horse's to add some roleplay element. Big fight ensues & the winning army gets bragging rights on the forums 8-)

That will do for now i guess,apolgies for the waffle at the start & apologies if you think its a stupid idea but my main account is now closed, im not sure if im going to renew & im bored so ive been spamming forums all night while playing an old BD on Camlann doh:

Oh & of course, does anyone else have any idea's that may make RvR fun, even if it is a tad unlikely :D
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

imo renew and put that idea into action ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Albs are like Wasps they come in swarms :(
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

i like the idea :)
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

fungus
Emerald Rider

Post by fungus »

playing freeshard servers atm which is great fun no pve involved and get capped gear for free. and playing in old emain rox!!! get a few chars friends together and roll alb/hib ;-)
Prydwen
Ejo Bard Tiarna <Tuatha De Danann>

warhammer
ejo BW rr 80 karak azgal
output DoK rr80 karak azgal

Taardad
Emerald Rider

Post by Taardad »

Sounds like a nice idea tough might be bit difficult to make it work. Best of luck with it <grins>

P.S. : I wish people would stop advertising freeshards :(
Taardad the champion of the Artisans Of Willow

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

[quote="fungus"]playing freeshard servers atm which is great fun no pve involved and get capped gear for free. and playing in old emain rox!!! get a few chars friends together and roll alb/hib ]

not a smart thing you just did :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

[quote="fungus"]playing freeshard servers atm which is great fun no pve involved and get capped gear for free. and playing in old emain rox!!! get a few chars friends together and roll alb/hib ]

Well done :<

If they close down DAOC I would consider playing, otherwise it's pissing on the existing paying DAOC community.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

fungus
Emerald Rider

Post by fungus »

what's wrong with playing freeshard huh ?

nothing on cluster neways and it kills time to try out some other stuff ...
Prydwen
Ejo Bard Tiarna <Tuatha De Danann>

warhammer
ejo BW rr 80 karak azgal
output DoK rr80 karak azgal

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

fungus wrote:what's wrong with playing freeshard huh ?

nothing on cluster neways and it kills time to try out some other stuff ...
I think the less said the better. I wouldnt want to give it the oxygen of publicity.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”