State of the realm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

VidX wrote:Well I did warn people that this would be needed at some point ]Bold[/b]. The reason why there are good raid leaders in the NE Alliance is that they don't care so much about "the holy rp" or they do but are intelligent enough to put that goal on hold in order to see the big picture enough to manage a realm-wide event that will benefit everyone.

On the flipside, those who constantly run off looking for realm points or refuse to do RvR in anything but 1fg generally make very poor raid leaders. There have been a few exceptions to this but not a lot.

If Hib as a whole pushes to 'force' everyone who is in any way interested in RvR into one single dedicated RvR alliance then even the most stubborn people will eventually get into the 'rp whore' mentality and the realm will lose anyone capable of successfully leading and coordinating large-scale defenses or attacks.

To sum everything up: I don't think the issue is the fact that players, guilds and alliances are spread out so much. The issue is that the attitude of the players needs to change. People need to be more willing to communicate actively. One thing I would note is that having played WoW for a while I see the value of a realm-wide communications channel for the in-game PvP in WoW: World Defense channel. If there was a similar thing like this in DAoC with perhaps everyone able to view it but only the top 5% RR people overall being able to talk in it then communication problems would be negated completely. A general constant /cg or /bg does not do the job as good simply because people need to actively join it.

Finding a good way to communicate faster and easier is a lot better than trying to force people into new guilds or leave their old ones.

You good sir are playing with a double sided coin. This game evolves, regardless of whether you think it does or not. People always want something from others yet there's always something lacking. And what do people do when people point these facts out? either flame, find other excuses for not doing it and then realising later that someone's foresight slapped them months ago but the porchlights were on but nobody's home or, it just comes down to the way people's game play is ie you pve i rvr and that is the way it will always be.

In the dream world of ideal play where everyone plays the same way in one person's ideal (usually dreamt up by one gimp on the premise that this one thing works then spam it to death as a means to an end (hardly original and totally lacking in thought, game play and skill) the game is gimped till people are thought of as commodity and also useful rather than obstruction) and no one would ever dare play any other way because it would be so wrong to do so, your call to arms would be answered. But you see, fotm and l33t <3 has always been flawed, and it takes threads like this to point out why.

I think the adage is best described such as this :- If there are mountains or obstacles in your way, surmount them and find a way to deal with them without consorting to means that profane the way your ideal is in the way you play.

Just my two pence :p

Bah i misquoted someone, but all the same, i think the message of what i say is enuff (sorry usp) :)

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Sorry Arc, ive tried to read that twice now and still not sure what point your trying to put across.

Usp nice to here from you again, hope everythings well with you

Crom (post 120) nice post <grin> im trying to work on the communication bit now, have done post on FH and hope other alliances put info up there.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

VidX

Post by VidX »

Arcsalin wrote:You good sir are playing with a double sided coin. This game evolves, regardless of whether you think it does or not. People always want something from others yet there's always something lacking. And what do people do when people point these facts out? either flame, find other excuses for not doing it and then realising later that someone's foresight slapped them months ago but the porchlights were on but nobody's home or, it just comes down to the way people's game play is ie you pve i rvr and that is the way it will always be.

In the dream world of ideal play where everyone plays the same way in one person's ideal (usually dreamt up by one gimp on the premise that this one thing works then spam it to death as a means to an end (hardly original and totally lacking in thought, game play and skill) the game is gimped till people are thought of as commodity and also useful rather than obstruction) and no one would ever dare play any other way because it would be so wrong to do so, your call to arms would be answered. But you see, fotm and l33t <3 has always been flawed, and it takes threads like this to point out why.

I think the adage is best described such as this :- If there are mountains or obstacles in your way, surmount them and find a way to deal with them without consorting to means that profane the way your ideal is in the way you play.

Just my two pence :p

Bah i misquoted someone, but all the same, i think the message of what i say is enuff (sorry usp) :)
I forgive you ;)

Bit confusing though hehe could edit your post to refer to the post you were actually referring to (and one more 'refer' for good measure ;) ).
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Crom wrote:Our paradigm is respect, loyalty and generosity all wrapped up in common sense and tied off with a pretty sense of humour bow.

The only thing of note is that NFD has always been an adult orientated guild, and this carries over to the /as. Expect colourful language and a broad range of subjects.
bow:
Cromcruaich wrote:Wasn't me that one Sat.
Sorry dear, my mistake, will edit my post :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

[quote="VidX"]I forgive you ]

Reference was in measure to the dichotomous nature of this game in all aspects. Sorry but I am one of the few peeps it seems that can see all aspects of the game and address them as a global nature and not need to apply it to finite parts of the game :p

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Arcsalin wrote:Reference was in measure to the dichotomous nature of this game in all aspects. Sorry but I am one of the few peeps it seems that can see all aspects of the game and address them as a global nature and not need to apply it to finite parts of the game :p
pfff speak normal english instead of using big word that i have to google!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Satyn wrote:pfff speak normal english instead of using big word that i have to google!
Hhhmm I am not exactly sure that is a decent use of english - even without the big words :p
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Satyn wrote:pfff speak normal english instead of using big word that i have to google!
The adjective dichotomous has one meaning:

Meaning: divided or dividing into two sharply distinguished parts or classifications.

mainly used in the discription of plants ;)
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

[quote="Norcott"]The adjective dichotomous has one meaning:

Meaning: divided or dividing into two sharply distinguished parts or classifications.

mainly used in the discription of plants ]

And by pouncy art types.

*edit
Sorry, i dont mean anyone here is a pouncy art type.

In plants it refers to seeds that have two halves - like broad beans, split peas, and erm lots of others. My Biology O level is all flooding back to me.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Belisar wrote:Hhhmm I am not exactly sure that is a decent use of english - even without the big words :p

You are English? btw get your own English into gear first before you have a go at mine. English is supposed to be with a 'capital' E, just like any other country has theirs as a capital when you write it. Get your own English into gear before you have a go at other people's....sigh :p

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”