Back Again

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Tar-Aldarion
Emerald Rider

Back Again

Post by Tar-Aldarion »

Lo everyone! I used to play DAOC since the release but had to drop it the last 2 years. Game became too adictive and really had to drop it so I can go on with RL stuff! :) Anyway since I am now married and wife won't let me so easily I decided to come back and give one more chance to the game. I tried Horizons, WoW, DnD and last the dark and light game and I was so dissapointed that I downloaded the free trial of DAOC and got stuck again!! :)

I ve seen some familiar names on the forum hope to find more in game, btw are Sylvan Blades still a guild in Prydwen Hibernia? I really feel n00b as the game has changed a lot since i left so I hope I ll find all the help I can, (still a friendly realm right?) :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

welcome back, the game and server has changed a lot but there is still a good core of Prydwenites around. I think the Sylvan Blades have one or two people around but I am not sure. As for the game you will find with the recent patches that things like Trials of Atlantis are much easier to get through and dare I say it they are even quite relaxing to do as long as they are kept in their place.

The biggest problem you will have will be getting experience partners though.

I think thats the biggest issue.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Welcome back, always good to have some new old blood, or is that old new blood?

TSB still has a couple of people in it, but is effectively dead.

As shark said, there is still a hard core of old prydwenites that keep us all sane, and a load of noob excal players running around, scattered liberally with some good people.

Probably best to get in a decent active guild who can give you decent advice and help with ToA stuff.

You can also now join excal guilds, but prydwen based ones are ofcourse much superiour ;)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

have had several sylvan blades return and find the guild fairly empty, think most have moved to other guilds now..
The guild is in the natures eye alliance (order of the illuminati) now.

Welcome back
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Welcome back :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

I'm like the only active blade left. Unfortunately.
Oh, and welcome back:-)
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Tar-Aldarion
Emerald Rider

Post by Tar-Aldarion »

Hehe! thanks everyone I had some good time in Na Fianna Dragun, made some crazy runs in frontiers with a friend (best s/s champ in game), can't rmember name! :p
Anyway it looks like, after Trials of Atlantis, there are 2 more expansions, is that right? I will have a RL friend of mine joining too so I hope I will level descently. BTW is there any chance to have my chars alive again, after i ll rejoin?

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

if your reactivating your old account your old characters should be there, although they might be naked.
ToA had huge amounts of post 50 stuff which was needed it also changed the playing field a lot.
However as things are now things have been made a lot easier and there should be less of the problems that ToA caused.
Main changes, you just need credit and scrolls to get artifact, they train anywhere on anything and easier.
Masterlevels are now easier and quicker.

Catacombs :
Basically introdused lots of stuff to help pre 50, mini quests and inst dungeons, also included some areas that need a good full epic group to get through.

Darkness Rising :
The king returns and offers a nice weapon to his champions.
New epic quest and armour which is fairly decent.
Champion levels (5) which give a minor skill and slight increase in hits.
Demon splatting main quest which is optional but give nice items and allows you to activeate the weapon quicker.
Horses that can carry stuff and move faster then running. (disappear in combat)
darkness rising guide

Hope this helps
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Kishih
Emerald Rider

Post by Kishih »

I am here!!

Tried TSB for like a week upon returning to the game (omg, alread half a year ago), now in NFD

Shakih

Tar-Aldarion
Emerald Rider

Post by Tar-Aldarion »

Thanks for the info Aran, good to know that ToA got easier as it was the reason to drop the game, lot of time needed for the arties and the masterlevels.

Hey kishih, nice to see you around! I ll try and find you in game m8!

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”