RvR atm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

RvR atm

Post by Sharkith »

Ok apart from the runs out with Maxis, Ascarii and the gang on an average very drunken and hazy Friday night I was wondering what it is like out there. I am busy levelling a chanter and buff bot so I can do a bit of farmage and become a bit more self sufficient.

I am considering respeccing and redoing Sharkith's template - I need to know what the blade spec is like and what I might need to cap in it.

I am also interested in RvR in general just now. I went out with Alexandrinus for a brief moment on Monday and was very disappointed at the total lack of organisation of us Hibbies (me included). I felt sorry for the poor dood trying to organise something that was just well impossible to organise.

Have the Albs and Mids dissappeared off into their own world of leg humping iRvR? What do people think is happening and how does the game feel?

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i think the albs were RR on monday :p
must have naffed em off when the hibs turned up in force.

When we took a tower (in arans group) in alb no one showed .. they trebbed it down :(
im presuming its cuz the DBM emblem was flying and they were too scared to try and ram it.
After we had met the 40 strong zerg in midgard however, it seems the albys were happy to play with us in alb also.
They just need a little coaxing out :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Aye when I've been out the last few days it seems pretty disorganised from a Hib point of view. There's some well-organised high-RR Alb & Mid groups farming us tho. Still fun in a group of nice people :)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

shit in one word. been away from RVR for a couple of days , trying to get new template up, but maybe its so shit becuase ive been away for three months and about to go away for another two :>

thats solo rvr btw - i hate this new two sec rule for using hammy after DB, never seem to get much off anymore :-\

blades here i come!

also, check out the templates me and hrymf have posted in stalker section, i like hrymfs more, better hits etc :> and the items seem reasonable.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

yes its really hard atm to bring people to organiced RVR.
Sometimes it seems nobody can setup rams or can carry them.(but every second has a LG master in making some sh..it:? )
This really makes me sad when i think of the times when we really where very good in siege.

We would have get Eras on monday if we had 2 more rams.:irked:

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Merino
Emerald Rider

Post by Merino »

Sharkith wrote: Have the Albs and Mids dissappeared off into their own world of leg humping iRvR? What do people think is happening and how does the game feel?
Sharkith
Mids and Albs are busy opening beachheads into the other realm, so the casuals can have what people like to deride as iRvR. Hib however seems to consist of the lucky Haves (wanted classes that run in organized FGs) and Have nots (unwanted classes, badly templated toons, casual gamers who cannot commit to regular RvR) and soloers. The soloers usually hang around bridges, the Have nots do PvE or play a toon in Mid/Alb so they can surf the zerg, the Haves run around in the enemy zones ganking soloers around the bridges, hitting the enemy zergs, or head to Agromon yelling at everyone else “Don’t add you *ç%&!!”
The hopes set in the patch 1.82 to finally bring the massive battles advertised on the original game box have not materialized, Hib is more fractionized than ever. No enemy realm dares take one of our keeps due to the Bainshee/Animist defenders, so they just leave us out of the massive fights.
It seems there is lots of Haves and the Have nots seem to have moved somewhere else, therefore no organized Hib RvR raids are happening atm. Alex tried Monday night, but the few Hibs were rolled by the alb zerg.
Luckily DF is bugged, so at least we PUGs can have a go there. Let’s see how long it holds. From my POV RvR is not too much fun, the 8vs1-8 crowd will tell you something different. Judge for yourself which kind of RvR you like and if the current situation benefits your style.

Merino/Yeyi

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

I still maintain that the euro population has taken a number of massive blows, lack of effective marketing and the prydwen database crash and it's consequences.

From the combination of everything... there is little hope of recovery or rebuild.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

That being said though... I'm still playing and will remain that way for the time being.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

RvR is what you make it to be honest... As a solo NS you will most likely have problems finding solo fights, but keep trying and it will happen. Group rvr can be great if you choose it to, by trying to for example talk to enemy groups about special days to head out into agramon or if you like to hang out with a friends just to head out and run into the enemy zergs, which can give a massive amount of fun and rps aslong you can take the fact you will die a bit... Zerg rvr is very good lately, and that is just about getting together with the 50 other hibs/albs/mids and run about where the irvr is alive :)

Currently i think rvr is okay, there have been better days and worse days of rvr, but with a bit will it is alright :)
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Merino/Yeyi,

thats a very interesting point of view. I have to agree that this game and any other MMPORG rewards time put into the game and that is what generates the first inequality. So being casual on a MMPORG is a kind of misnomer.

On the patch (1.82) I certainly feel it is having a positive effect from what I can see. people are more prepared to pm around and ask peeps if they want encounter credit. Encounters like GOV for example are no longer the cuthroat event they once were. There is a much more community feel about ToA which is really cool.

I wonder about the definition of casual you are using does casual mean they want everything on a plate for them? I was with you on Monday and I noticed just how many casual people failed to bring rams no matter how hard Alex tried to get them to do it. It took close to 5mins to make a war ram.... and that certainly was not Alex's fault it just seemed people were well very casual about it all.... once more casual is a misnomer.

As for massive battles Takits has a good point population is what that needs and perhaps it is just not high enough to provide that. As far as I can tell there is no Nirvana in the game it seems to be exactly how Hrymf is indicating.

Perhaps people should try making an oddball FG ? I have always thought that would be good sport. Kind of like a group of unpopulars.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”