Strange Chat Bug...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Strange Chat Bug...

Post by Gandelf »

Please excuse me if someone's already posted on this. I had a quick look to see if anyone had, but I can't see anything.

Anyway, I've noticed (and one or two others have also noticed) that there seems to be a bug in the chat panel where single letters do not show up. The letter "t" is one such letter. It always happens when the letter "t" coincides with the start of a new line. The letter is there when you type it, but when you press enter to send the message, then it doesn't show. It also happens when NPCs talk to you. I think it does it with the letter "n" also.

I've checked that I've go DirectX 9.0c.

Other players have spotted it too. Anyone else noticed it? If so, is there a fix for it? I've RightNowed! it.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Yes I have noticed it, and I atleast think that it only shows at specific sizes on chatwindow, but not sure, but after having made the window bigger all letters have been shown again, could be at any size I guess and just appear when rezising, dunno.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Elrandhir wrote:Yes I have noticed it, and I atleast think that it only shows at specific sizes on chatwindow, but not sure, but after having made the window bigger all letters have been shown again, could be at any size I guess and just appear when rezising, dunno.

I first noticed it about week or so ago, just after we had a small patch. I think it was the patch where GOA included the login poll.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

could be I guess, is abit annoying, you think that you have missed typing a letter or so ;P still everything did show for me after having change the size of the window, still might just be at the actual change you get the letter to sow, updating the window.

Shike

Post by Shike »

i have this bug also, using deridas, could have with that to do, not sure.,

I have another bug with newest derida aswell, my grpwindow put all grpmembers in wrong order.. GL is last in it etc
~o~
Shikei, Temples, Shike, Imidyr and Shiko
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Shike wrote:i have this bug also, using deridas, could have with that to do, not sure.,

I have another bug with newest derida aswell, my grpwindow put all grpmembers in wrong order.. GL is last in it etc

Using derida 2, so could be it.

Think the groupwindow thing is a choice from the start, what order you want groupmembers to show in >.< still not sure about that.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

same, using deridas as well
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Nicci
Emerald Rider

Post by Nicci »

Have it as well, not using Deridas tho

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

yea, when I come to think of it. When you run the setup and you chose which group window you want there are 2 different order on some of them, one that is top->bottom and another that goes bottom->top
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

STOP !
:) ive reported this alrdy last week., so its in the system. if u make u text box slightly bigger u can see the letter missing.. only prob is the recent text box size change u just made makes no difference to the next chat given .. so make bigger make smaller and repeat.. or just guess..
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”