Plea for Sanity

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Quinlan

Plea for Sanity

Post by Quinlan »

Hey,

I been really busy lately so havent played alot nor been on these forums alot. Now that i had some time today it felt like prydwen.net was linked to FH automaticly since i dont see any difference in the latests posts.

Since me and alot of other people have always regarded prydwen.net as a normal sane forum and FH for the whining it has to stop right here and right now.

There is alot of flaming and bashing going on. I dont care who it is against and what the reasons are. But if you want to post a normal reasonable post (prydwen.net style) then please use this forum. If you want to whine flame vent you can use the link below!

FH vent thread

If you have a problems with lag and you want it solved please use a pingplotter and post the results in the FH traceroute thread

If you want to discuss the lag situation or related items in a normal way please post in pryd.net lagdiscussion. I am going to close/merge the other lag related threads so we have 1 point of discussion.

Lets not destroy a good community forum
finland:
holland:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

With the deepest respect Quinn the community is being damaged by its hopeless dependence on a company that is seriously letting it down. It is unfortunate that you equate the complaints and legitimate frustration of people here with the whine in FH.

Yes there have been some very unfair personal flames directed at Requiel in particular. However in the large part there is a genuine sense of hopelessness at the current service and state of relationship between the community and GOA.

Just to clarify FH whine is always personal and always directed at persons directly. Yes they whine about GOA as well. Here, this is a totally different ball game, when there is this degree of outrage and frustration at a place like this you should really sit up and listen because this group never does this. It is frustrating to hear someone say 'oh your becoming like FH'. I am sorry but that feels so patronising. In my whole time here - almost 2 years now. I have never seen it this bad.

Please do not equate this to a FH whine invasion it runs right to the core of the community.

Just to explain - last night we wanted to switch control of Alline. When we had the fg people kept going link dead and it took almost 30mins to transfer ownership because everytime we got someone in the group someone else would link dead. In the end we had to have 5 reserve people to allow the transfer to happen. I missed it because I went LD for the second time in 30mins.

Ok so our regular fun Monday night group ports to Cain. Someone lds. We all get buffed and someone LD's. We all rebuff and port to DC 4 people LD. We port back 2 LD. We are standing around waiting on the opthers to come back two return 1 LD's. We run into Lagramon I LD come back the group is dying. We go back to cain and after several more LD's we have to give up.

It is literally that bad. Ok so we don't lose our temper - we think lets PvE (we have now lost 3 weeks in a row because of lag and various server related issues). We go PvE and have several LD's....

Quinn I hope your not going to say the customer is not always right.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Using a broad labelling of any complaint as a whine is not helpful. Whining is childish moaning about trivialities. It happens a lot on web forums and doesn't really serve a purpose beyond self-indulgence.

Legitimate complaints are different. If people want to discuss a situation that is clearly having a detrimental effect on the game, I don't think it is fair or useful to treat them as whines.

There have been a lot of complaints recently. No doubt a fair number of them have been whines, but given the various short-comings of the service being provided, there are quite a few legitimate complaints too. Those complaints do serve several useful purposes. They help people realise that it is not just them and they give people an opportunity to discussion things that might be done about them. Unfortunately, GOA don't join the discussions, so the things that can be done are all put in terms of player action and player actions to affect these things are quite limited. About the only real way a player can impact the situation is to stop paying for the service, and make the reasons for it clear.

Some people might not like reading them, but living in denial is not everyone's definition of sanity. Service will never improve if people just quietly put up with sub-standard quality. And if people stop paying without saying why, the improvements that are made could be misdirected or inappropriate.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Sry Quin but this time i must say it, take it or not: poor modding by u.
Instead of trying to understand y a strange behaviour happens on Prydwen from most of the community, u try to slag the community about FH style posting.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Sharkith wrote:Alot
Shark,

I barely been reading this forum for about a week. As said in my post i dont care who the bashing is about. I just think some of the posts made recently are pretty borderline.

Also i fully understand people getting very frustrated with the endless row of problems lately and that they need to let that out. Snert (sp) made a really good comment about being able to vent without being rude and offensive. That is how it normally is here and i kinda hope it will stay.

In no way my post is ment to patronise and sorry if you feel like that.
finland:
holland:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Sry Quin but this time i must say it, take it or not: poor modding by u.
Instead of trying to understand y a strange behaviour happens on Prydwen from most of the community, u try to slag the community about FH style posting.
I'll take it Gahn,

only modding that happened is merging of threads to have 1 point of discussion dont really understand how that is a bad thing but if you see it that way fine.

Cryn made a really good comment about legit concerns and complaints. Ofcourse they have to be let known. Doing it in a way with 'should be in prison' or 'die' is not helping tho.
finland:
holland:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Tbh i've lost track of the discussion as they are abit too spread out, so merging them would be a good thing...but to close them is not :) merge all imo ;)

Edit: Actually, lets merge every thread in the forum...would be nice to see if we were able to keep track of the subjects if it was one big thread! :D

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:I'll take it Gahn,

only modding that happened is merging of threads to have 1 point of discussion dont really understand how that is a bad thing but if you see it that way fine.

Cryn made a really good comment about legit concerns and complaints. Ofcourse they have to be let known. Doing it in a way with 'should be in prison' or 'die' is not helping tho.
What Taki's thread got to do with Lag issues? it was a general sceptical thread at some things GOA has to fix, that's y i don't see it as good modding, unless ofc it's a captatio benevolentia for Requiel...
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Tbh i've lost track of the discussion as they are abit too spread out, so merging them would be a good thing...but to close them is not :) merge all imo ]/Ankh[/B]
All the lag discussion threads are merged besides the one from Guinness since it is more of a Goodbye post:)

Yes the 20 page thread about poisonspike has been closed. I honestly think everything there has been said in 20 posts.
finland:
holland:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:What Taki's thread got to do with Lag issues?
Nothing
finland:
holland:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”