Daoc is gonna die?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Ambera - that is spot on :)

One thing people on our server should consider - NE alliance in particular is that Evita and co made a very bad name for themselves 'zerging' for a logn time. Now they are high rr they run as a FG - and I am not really equipped to judge how good they are they would certainly pwn a low rr bunch of noobs. So why not copy that strategy - it worked for them?

Other than that do the Aloran thing - get a DI bot and camp a tower with a shroom zerg and then respec to bard or druid later :p

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Edit: Would be nice if they upgraded Shrouded Isles to make it more attractive. Add scrolls or something to it...hey, even add lesser artifact but just add ANYTHING to make more people use it apart from the ones doing the 5-6 highlevel quests..

/Ankh
you do 5 quests?

I can just about manage to do the necklace quest in shrouded isles.

That whole zone has the amazing ability to make me go sleep within 10mins of entering it..

and unfortunatly - its not an exageration..
Not sure why but it bores me ridgid.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

My 2 cents:

DAOC as it is today is suitable only for the "powergamer" with an insane amount of time on their hands to spend gaming. How anybody with a job and family and some spare time activities manages it is beyond me. That's why I quit.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i have a job

:)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

I know many of you do, and it amazes me that one can keep up with a job and DAOC. I didn't mean what I said in a derogatory manner. It's just that I can't juggle it myself.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Hatsepsut wrote:I know many of you do, and it amazes me that one can keep up with a job and DAOC. I didn't mean what I said in a derogatory manner. It's just that I can't juggle it myself.
Think the main way to be able to do it is to focus on one or two characters ONLY.
finland:
holland:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

I think not a lot of ppl can actually say they are able to combine: work, family and daoc without dissapointing either one of them along the way.
I'm home every day, i have my son to take care off. Thand on the other hand goes to work, does more than a fulltime job AND spends nearly all of his freetime in daoc. So you can see what i'm trying to say. He's lucky that I play the game aswell but for partners that dont play the game i can see it getting a real problem.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Hatsepsut wrote:I know many of you do, and it amazes me that one can keep up with a job and DAOC. I didn't mean what I said in a derogatory manner. It's just that I can't juggle it myself.
its hard - but i figure if i didnt have a job i wouldnt be able to play daoc anyway so may as well continue working :p

(and didnt take it derogitive :) dont think anyone would :) )
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

OohhoO wrote:Aye & I don't begrudge anyone the hard-earned fruits of their toils in any way, but the decision as to which realm abilities are available to which classes & the decision to extend attainable RR both contain game-balance elements.

Personally I blame TOA :p
Capped Dex-Cap
+ Capped casting speed
+ some +spell damage
+ BB with +25% buffs
= overpowered
What i ment is basically what Overdue said. People who are higher RR have more tools to play with hence win over a low RR. Perfectly justified imo. Would be odd if a lvl 20 could compete with a lvl 50.

With the new RA system in place there are little realm abilities that are not common and they are available to at least 1 class in each realm. So everyone can get the same ra setup in their group at rr10 for example.

Now before anyone says but class x from realm z sucks so we will never have realm ability y in our group..that is cause some classes are not considered good in FG. That has to do with balancing chars and nothing with RR.

Yes there are some balancing issues that need to be addressed. But if you think that when things are more balanced any class can get an RvR group you are wrong. Always there will be a fotm setup and people want to win so will use the best setup when possibe.

Now for your example with TOA casters. Keep in mind that for example a ML10 blademaster has TOA tools to keep that caster interrupted and he also can have BB buffs. Just as overpowered if you look at it from your way
finland:
holland:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Satyn wrote: He's lucky that I play the game aswell but for partners that dont play the game i can see it getting a real problem.
As with any hobby. DAOC is just a hobby (ok a life for some but let's leave them out ;) ) and you have to balance it all
finland:
holland:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”