Funny how... [mod] fins 4 + catacombs [/mod]

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Funny how... [mod] fins 4 + catacombs [/mod]

Post by Arcsalin »

with the arrival of catacombs upon us, not one of you has even mentioned bringing fin4 back? So are we ever likely to see the return of fin 4 or have we put that firmly into the past? Discuss :-

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

Arcsalin wrote:with the arrival of catacombs upon us, not one of you has even mentioned bringing fin4 back? So are we ever likely to see the return of fin 4 or have we put that firmly into the past? Discuss :-
not everyone wants to pl a new char when theres shitloads of new content to go through with it and allow them enjoy the game again.
but you know, you could just pl and ignore the point of the expansion.
i don't have a sig.

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

dosent even take long to lvl a char through cata's.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Spawn rate of fins in cursed forest have been greatly decreased, so its faster to actually xp normally than to PL at a fins spot....
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Hithip
Emerald Rider

Post by Hithip »

pikeh wrote:dosent even take long to lvl a char through cata's.
What he said really, took me like no time to get my cabby to 50 in catacombs. Dungeon tasks and plenty quests makes is go really fast.
Barding and shrooming for Hibernia.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

It took me 7 days of real time playing, 2 days in game, to get my warlock to 50 through normal exp. I only had 2 free levels in the whole of the run to 50. The experiance instance dungeons are great and give fantastic exp.
If you wanna get a head start. Level the base char, Magician, Naturalist etc to lvl 5 before you get it then, you will get your free level when you install it and already be able to turn into that class. That's if you do start your character at least 2 days before you get catacombs :P

Lenah

Post by Lenah »

Hithip you are wrong when you say that is would actually be faster to lvl normally. Atleast at time before catacombs, that is not true. Its true 4fins repsawn time has been reduced, instead of 1-2 seconds its now 4-5 seconds, and there is 6 of them around the tree. Still it doesn't mean that PL'ing wouldn't be the fastest way to 50. Its once again, the lack of people with new alts to PL, that caused 4fins, and all 24h PL to die on this server/realm.

I'm almost certain that there will be threads about xp'ing banshees and vampires together, in various locations .. and I'm personally hoping that there is going to be once again a certain place where peopel would pl 24 hours a day, as it makes alot more easier to help quildies, specially the rare new people, to get into the action faster, specially on the boring 42-48 part where even fast xp isn't fast enough.
Lenah 50 Bard ML8 sojourner
Eluwien 50 Eld ML5 conv
Harazer 50 Ench PVE only
Harapon 50 Bard BB PVE only
Bloodcure 50 Druid ML1 perf
Krnzacgh 50 Ani ML1 conv
Crystaleye 50 BM
Grilfriend 50 Druid BB
Sithknight 50 Hero

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abe Lincoln

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Imo Passage Of Conflic is the best place to exp atm..the experience you get at the right spots is amazing :) also, both bog and sheeroe is great exp only reason ppl dont exp there is that if 1 person leaves its hard for new ones to take his place..

/Ankh

Jor
Emerald Rider

Post by Jor »

(1) 4Fins
Wouldn't mind a round at Fins - just to show 2 friends the whole thing. We are lvl49 atm (2 Ani + 1 Bard). Iirc they never saw it or attended a session - so this would be for fun (in the means of exploring).

(2) Xp groups
We were in Tur Suil and ToA (Green Glades) mostly with great XP and cash and drops - I haven't miss 4Fins really.

Atm we "raid"/explore Fomor - fun thing, again great XP, some drops, good cash.

I guess it's the same with other level grounds... you can find plenty of them nowadays :)
I hum along and make things hum... on
WAR: Rydegh/Disciple of Khaine

RETIRED CHARS
AoC: Rydegh/DT, Joric/Demo
DAoC: Jorykia/Valk, Yorinde/Druid, Irah/Ani, Weda/Warden, Jorub/Bard&Friar, Rydegh/Ranger
D4O: Donk

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Lenah wrote:Hithip you are wrong when you say that is would actually be faster to lvl normally. Atleast at time before catacombs, that is not true. Its true 4fins repsawn time has been reduced, instead of 1-2 seconds its now 4-5 seconds, and there is 6 of them around the tree. Still it doesn't mean that PL'ing wouldn't be the fastest way to 50. Its once again, the lack of people with new alts to PL, that caused 4fins, and all 24h PL to die on this server/realm.

I'm almost certain that there will be threads about xp'ing banshees and vampires together, in various locations .. and I'm personally hoping that there is going to be once again a certain place where peopel would pl 24 hours a day, as it makes alot more easier to help quildies, specially the rare new people, to get into the action faster, specially on the boring 42-48 part where even fast xp isn't fast enough.
I think he was referring to Catacombs though where levelling normally most certainly can be faster. I did lvl48.5 - 50 in under an hour in Catacombs, Fins wont even come close to that even if you had like a 7xPBAE group or something.

Biggest issue for levelling in Catacombs is the usual class downtime though so the self sustaining classes blitz through the levels whilst high downtime classes can struggle a fair bit, drag an alt into NF to a keep take or alongside your main to get them RR2 quickly or so and buy MCL/Serenity/First Aid/Whatever at level 20 or so and it eliminates that problem on any class however. By far the fastest way is to build a group and level with that group in Catacombs - it does require everyone awake though as you run back and forth grabbing tasks and such.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”