GOA - try this for teh lag

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

GOA - try this for teh lag

Post by Sharkith »

Just a thought but you know the dudes at Eve-online have found something to 'eliminate lag' ;):

http://www.superssd.com/products/ramsan-400/

Can we have one for the Excal-Hib Cluster pweese?

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

order me 3, i need to recatalogue my pr0n collection.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Sharkith wrote:Just a thought but you know the dudes at Eve-online have found something to 'eliminate lag' ]http://www.superssd.com/products/ramsan-400/[/URL]

Can we have one for the Excal-Hib Cluster pweese?

Sharkith

I am currently playing Eve, and whilst that upgrade did stop some parts of the game lagging it was by no means a cure all.

Eve is still having quite a few performance problems recently, but they are quite open (for a company) about them.

The biggest problem is that since I started playing 2/3 months ago they have gone from a record of 14k users to 17k, that's some increase in numbers.

I guess they are doing something right to get that increase in numbers though :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Hi Ovi - all these games have problems I am learning that now - World of Warcraft was actually worse for me in the recent months I was playing it. Mind you over there they did not have a database wipe yet...

Eve also has had it issues - I have been dumped out sometimes 5 times in one night which made it unplayable. So they all have connectivity issues.

One thing to note is that Eve is one of the fastest growing games. They have already exceeded their targets and CCP is very open which is the one thing I respect over everything else. So yeah CCP are doing a good job IMHO ofc.

BTW - pm me in game on Sharken Tranquillity server. I am busy training just now so not overly active - I can't wait to start seriously exploring 0.0 space. :)

Gattling
Emerald Rider

Post by Gattling »

I'll want that as my USB drive
Gattling - ML10 RR3 ranger <-- easy RPS :ranger:
Phenomenal - 50 ML5 RR2 Druid
Soraellion - 50 Mentalist
Skilless - 3~ Bard

<Tuatha dé Danann>

various Thid toons
various Alb/Excal toons

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I am running missions while I get my skills up, get some cash together while waiting for them to train :)

Will probably do some 0.0 exploring once I can fly a tech 2 frigate, or can afford to lose a few Cruisers.

So far I am very impressed by CCP. I haven't seen the amount of posts from Devs on forums as I have from CCP, let alone having a Dev drop into Corp Chat! (read Guild chat for those that don't know eve)

All changes they post on their site in the form of "blogs", all open for comment!

(un?)fortunately I can see that the game itself is quite a niche product and not suitable for everyone, but other MMORPG co's could do with taking a few lessons in communications.

One final plus point for Eve is http://eve-radio.com no longer do I need to decide what music to listen to :)

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

You have some good points. I can't help but think that our experience of DaoC is coloured by GOA's apparently very tight budget. I am also sure I have heard accounts of excellent support on the US servers - its why so many very well respected players have upped sticks and moved over there perhaps?

I don't want to blame anyone for the support and interaction thing but like you say Eve is different because it is niche and it is tiny in comparison to DaoC. I mean the world wide usage of DaoC must be massive? Just look at the euro usage that GOA has to manage and take on board the multi lingual context and then I think we can begin to get the difficulties of their situation. I don't want to make excuses just to agree with you that we cannot be comparing like with like.

To be frank I am loving DaoC just now and can't put it down lag or no lag. Not being able to get online at Ligen during peak time over the weekend was my main reason for posting this - it was a gentle poke rather than a criticism ;). My days here have not been better now that the grind of ToA is almost finished. I do not see myself taking any more characters through ToA ever again. Which is sad because I kind of wanted my next 50 to be a Bard.

take care

Sharkith

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

[quote="Sharkith"]You have some good points. I can't help but think that our experience of DaoC is coloured by GOA's apparently very tight budget. I am also sure I have heard accounts of excellent support on the US servers - its why so many very well respected players have upped sticks and moved over there perhaps?

I don't want to blame anyone for the support and interaction thing but like you say Eve is different because it is niche and it is tiny in comparison to DaoC. I mean the world wide usage of DaoC must be massive? Just look at the euro usage that GOA has to manage and take on board the multi lingual context and then I think we can begin to get the difficulties of their situation. I don't want to make excuses just to agree with you that we cannot be comparing like with like.

To be frank I am loving DaoC just now and can't put it down lag or no lag. Not being able to get online at Ligen during peak time over the weekend was my main reason for posting this - it was a gentle poke rather than a criticism ]

More users, more money, better economies of scale. It's more than a gentle poke they want.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

hehe I can only imagine playing a bard is harder now than it was pre toa tbh...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”