Clustering tomorrow 26th

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Clustering tomorrow 26th

Post by Satyn »

Excalibur and Prydwen clustering on Wednesday, the 26th

Everything has now been set in place and so we will be able to implement the server clustering this Wednesday. The servers will be shut down at around 9.15 AM and will reopen towards the end of the day.

When the servers restart, there will then be only one Capital city per realm for these two servers and all RvR zones will be shared, which includes the frontier zones, the battlegrounds and Darkness Falls as well as the Passage of Conflict. Only Celestius, on Atlantis, will not be joined. You will thus meet people from the other server when in these zones. You will also be able to venture on the non-shared areas of these servers. To do so, you will have to go and see a Channeler who can be found in the Capital cities next to the Channeler who already teleports you to various places within the realm :

Camelot : Channeler Kho'unas
Tir na Nog : Channeler Galia
Jordheim : Channeler Jith.

Moving from one server to the other is very simple, you just have to right-click on the Channeler, then a dialog window opens and you need to click on the name of the destination server to be sent there. A message will confirm the change but nothing will seem to happen and there won't be any loading page. However, if you right-click again on the Channeler, you will see that he offers you to go on the server where you just came from.

The process implies a reset to zero of the frontier zones, you will thus have to claim and upgrade your keeps to protect your shrines. Just as for the release of New Frontiers, it won't be possible to attack the shrines for 24 hours to give each realm time to take up their positions and to prepare the defences. The Heart of Agramon will be at its original place, but not defended this time…
Let's also remind you of some essential information linked to the server clustering :
While it will be possible to create groups with characters from both servers, guilds cannot have members from another server and alliances can only have guilds of the same server as the alliance's master guild.

When your character will be in the shared zones, or within the zones of the other server, its name will be followed by the name of the source server. In case of duplicate guild names, this will also be followed by the name of the source server. After the clustering, it won't be possible to use a name already taken on another server.
To speak to characters from another server - or to add them to your friends or ignore list etc … - you will have each time to specify the name of the server, separated by a dash. For instance : /send scottman-prydwen hello. The commands /bg join, /invite and /send accept short names if there is only one match. Example : /invite scot-p.
It is also possible to enter the housing zones and to interact with the NPCs of the other server but it is not possible to give special permissions to characters from another server. So, if you have characters of the same realm on both servers, you won't be able to give the permission to enter your house of one server to the characters of the other one. The only way to give them access is to give free access to your house to everybody.

If you want to play on both servers on two different realms and you haven't created your characters yet, it's now or never, otherwise you will only be able to play on a single realm. If you have characters on different realms on these servers, you will be able to log onto the other one only after a period of one hour. And please note that if you have characters on two different realms, and you delete one of your characters, it will not be possible to restore him. So please go slowly, think twice, hit accept once, as the saying goes.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dreamhealer
Emerald Rider

Post by Dreamhealer »

Hi there,

I'm not sure, but i think there's a timer when u want to change the server. What happens if u have on both servers the same realm? I am on Hibernia on both servers, and well, i'd want to know if the timer changing servers for ppl who is on the same realm will be the same than for others or not, and if i could join with my chars on Excal/Hib to guilds/alliances on Pryd/Hib.

Thx
Dreamhealer Level 50 Druid 6L1
Eveide Level 50 Blademaster RR4L3
Minidream Level 50 Nightshade RR5L4

Nejtun
Emerald Rider

Post by Nejtun »

the hour thing is for different realms alb- hib ,mid-alb etc , you canot join your pryd guild with your excal chars :B
Nejtun Eld ML10 Convoker
Mwa Enchanter ML10 Convoker
Nayten Hero ML10 Battlemaster
Qois Ranger ML10 Sojourner
Blam Dr00D ML10 Perfector
<Guildmaster Incorporated>
ChungalungaWarlock :O( fun for 5 minutes )
Coal Hunter
Natheh BD

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

heh I will actually delete my Exca Alts as I played there for awhile, but as the server get merged I don't think you should be able to have alts on Exc/mid or exc/alb, Exc/prydwen is another thing.

hated WoW because you could have alts on both Sides and same here really, takes away some fun of the whole realm vs realm idea when you got alts on all sides imo... so away they go "Deleting mid gimp alts ;P"

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

[quote="Elrandhir"]
hated WoW because you could have alts on both Sides and same here really, takes away some fun of the whole realm vs realm idea when you got alts on all sides imo... so away they go "Deleting mid gimp alts ]

that's only on newbi.... I mean PvE servers
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

zlopke wrote:that's only on newbi.... I mean PvE servers

na you mean Normal server. was on a normal one when I played.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I guess that means that the free level every 2 days & the other underdog-realm bonuses all end tomorrow morning, although if that's mentioned anywhere then I must have missed it.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Satyn wrote:If you want to play on both servers on two different realms and you haven't created your characters yet, it's now or never, otherwise you will only be able to play on a single realm. And please note that if you have characters on two different realms, and you delete one of your characters, it will not be possible to restore him.
So okay...you this mean you need to roll *all* the toons you might intend to play on alb/mid excal now? Or you just need to roll one toon on the server in order to play that realm and can later roll new toons?
Mael, 50th ment.

Fifta
Emerald Rider

Post by Fifta »

Just roll one toon to the realm you think you might want to play in future
The idea is simple:
If you don't have any chars on the excal now, you are not able to roll chars to excal AFTER the cluster
Foir, Beigarth, Zorm, Candor, Koboldvakten, Skogbotten
<Crimson Tears>

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

i have two chars there ... will i be able to make new chars then?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”