Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Classic Server... in English!! Hoorah!!

Post by Gandelf »

GOA wrote:"Classic" future server(s)
After the survey you participated in last month, we decided to open a "Classic" server in Europe. Considering the number of interested players and their language, we chose to open a server in English which will be more likely to gather players from all places. We keep on examining the results in order to determine the number of servers that will be launched, as it is possible that there might be one or two. This decision, as well as the date of release, will be communicated to you as soon as all the elements are implemented.

I am looking forward tremendously to this server.

Also, I don't know about you, but the fact that Mythic (and subseqently GOA) have decided to introduce "Classic" servers, suggests only thing... that ToA was a mistake. Why else would they introduce new servers without ToA? Obviously, thousands of players have told Mythic they don't like ToA... there is no other reason. If players were happy with ToA, then Classic servers would not have been introduced.

All along, players have been saying that the game was developing in ways that were not fitting to the original concept of the game.... it finally looks like their voice has been heard... for once, I am happy! :)

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

too bad classic is a wrong term...and good luck farming darkspire non stop for the items you will need in your template
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Sleezer
Emerald Rider

Post by Sleezer »

I can't wait to see all the people who roll casters waiting for power and complaining that they don't have FoP.

It'll be fun!

:mojo:
Hib/PRY
- Kairen: 50 Bard RR4Lx
- Sleezer: 50 Nightshade RR6Lx ML6
- Buffbotteke: 46 Druid BB ML5
- Theodoor: 50 BM RR3Lx ML3

Mid/EXC

- Blinid: 50 Runemaster ML3 RR3Lx
- Congax: 50 Epic Hunter RR3Lx
- Asgorad: 50 Thane RR5Lx ML8
- Resue: 50 Pac healer RR4Lx ML3

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Instead of 2 weeks in TOA you spend 2 weeks in Darkspire

Fun
finland:
holland:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

im curious about this server..
i would like the old times back sometimes but i think nostalgia makes us forget how crud those times actually were :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

and when u are playing ur char and think wtf this char is really slow at every thing / log bck in prydwen classic sucks :-)

tbh the whole idea is a bad ppl will play it but get very bored of it
and yea i did like the game 3 plus years ago but i like it now so im easy
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Banana wrote:im curious about this server..
i would like the old times back sometimes but i think nostalgia makes us forget how crud those times actually were :p

True, but it's not returning to Classic DAoC as it was 3 years ago, but as DAoC is now without ToA. So, we will still have all the new races etc, but no Atlantis.

I've often heard players complain that ToA artefacts have created problems, so really a Classic server would restore the game to how it used to be just after SI and before ToA. There will be no ML rushes, which will mean more players in the Frontiers, more players in the towns and cities, crafters feeling "wanted" again etc. etc.

Battles are over in RvR so quickly these days... it used to be so much more fun when they lasted ages, with realms slogging it out on the battlefield.

The Classic server will be good, I've no doubt about that.

Dahakon
Emerald Rider

Post by Dahakon »

imo they shold also bring back OF (old frountiers) for the classic servers, although i'm pleased to c milegates back in agramon :)
"You laught at me because I am different, I laugh because you are all the same"

Hib/Pryd 4tw

Dahakon 50 hero :gamblor:
Juaninamillion 50 mana mentalist :wizard:
Golgoleth 50 vampiir :kick:
(+ other random lowbies)

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

Was amazed to say: 'whoa its a hib mile gate' at long last!
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

Teador
Emerald Rider

Post by Teador »

been said enough, bad idea. Last thing we need is to split up the community as it is and this new server is going to achieve that.

And i hardly think toa was a problem, my brother bought the game 1 week ago he is now lvl50 without plvl has a full sc suit and is 2 out of 6 arti's short of completely his template. And he works 40 hours a week so do the maths.

oh and from what i hear if u do go to classic and don't go hib, look out for vamps since they are by far the deadliest class in the whole server

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”