ML 4 Brilliant job- slightly tainted

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Caestar
Emerald Rider

ML 4 Brilliant job- slightly tainted

Post by Caestar »

Once again Kilreen you did a brilliant job on a ml raid but i feel that eleanora was dealt a huge injustice.

The best item from that raid was the leather vest which she wanted and she rolled 900 for teh win.. She was bombarded with pm's about the vest off peeps with alt chars who can use leather and missed the chance to claim the item..and i dont think that the 10 seconds or so allocated to her for the claim was fair before giving the item to a level 47 ment. <no disrespect to the ment>

I hope that the mentalist in question will see sense and hand the vest to Eleanora or a member of her guild <snike,finche,>

I also hope that a bit more patience in the rolling for the better items is given.

The ml run has been seemless so far but i wanted to express my opinion on this matter otherwise it might happen again unintentionally.

Dont think i am having a pop at you kilreen i just like things to be fair and im sure you would prefer someone to express an opinion rather than keep there mouth shut if they have a problem with any situation.

Keep up the Brilliant work you are doing and see you all next ml5

Hatsepsut
Emerald Rider

Post by Hatsepsut »

Hmm I may be mistaken but I checked the rolls since I myself rolled for the vest and got 864, and am pretty sure eleanoras roll of 900 was for the item before the vest and she rolled in the 600-s for it.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

this is a tricky one. I was pm'ed about the vest and I didn't even roll for it!! That said the person who did that was very polite and in no way was harassing me - he just wanted to have a look at it. The person who won it was a guild mate of mine - so he wanted to know what his alt was and if he could see it on the alt perhaps later. However this item will cause a bit of a row because it was such a good item.

So before you all go off at the deep end you need to consider a few things - the guy who got it was on his first run out on any ML raid. He had a great time and learned a lot from a superbly well run raid. That said as far as I have heard he was pestered afterwords by a lot of people about the vest.

If he gives it away it will be because he has been harassed off it. I am not sure if he was finally pushed off it by those that where pming him - if he has been I will be quite upset.

No-one has actually taken the time to think through carefully what happened and already we have mixed facts. So just be careful here before you start waving pitch forks and lighting torches. Get all the facts straight. I would suggest a little bit of consideration and perhaps some form of compensation if there has been a mix up rather than starting to rant on at a new guy.

So get the facts sorted and then think very carefully how you treat new players who are not always sure of the rules in these situations.

with respect

Sharkith

p.s. this is in no way a whine I am just asking everyone concerned to carefully think things through.

Mr Manic
Emerald Rider

Post by Mr Manic »

Totaly agree with sharkith on this. the bloke is a guild friend, and like shark said this was his first proper ML raid. after he received to vest he was very upset with the amount of PM's he was receiving about the item.

i do not know what he will do with it. but please do not harass him as he is still getting used to daoc

by the way, Good raid Kilreen :banana:

Thanks all
Prydwen - Hib - Marsh Horde
Fiva - Ranger - lvl50 - TeamZerg - cl2
MasterCard - lvl50 - ml7 - cl4
AniManic - lvl50 - ml10 - cl5 champ
MezzManic - lvl50

Glastonbury - Hib - Savant Renegades
Manical - Ranger - lvl16

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

errr?

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

There was a NS vest drop from Seti if I remember correctly that is very good.
The item was rolled for and as far as I could made out Eleanora won with 900. I then asked for confirmation whether her roll was for this (as she apparently rolled before I said /random 1000 pls) and didn't get an answer.
I can understand that everyone was overwhelmed by PMs - nonetheless my rules state be there or be square.

Eleanora then said she was standing all the time in front of me - after multiple items were already rolled for and the winners received them from my buffbot standing nearby. If she would have moved to him that would have been indication enough. Alas she didn't.

Therefore the item went to the next highest roll.

By all means the winner of this vest is the legitimite winner as far as I am concerned - he was alert despite PMs.

(And yes, sometimes I hate having to be harsh but otherwise I wouldn't be able to run raids of this size.)
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

Aim won and its all fair. And I still like to see the looks of it! :P Guess too many PMs can run you crazy, so sorry from my side for that! (Guess Im the one Shark speaks about)

Perhaps the rules should be different on future raids. Where you can only roll for your char there or for an alt stated before the ML starts. I know a few of the shades there where kinda ticked off that everyone was to roll for a vest that only 20 people (the active NS on pryd) would really use.

Regards,

Puz

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Puz,

you were nothing but polite to me and I am not spouting off - to me this was one of those things that happens in the aftermath of a pretty intense raid. I do have sympathy for those who could have rolled for that vest - if I didn't have the Scarab Vest I think I would have been drooling all over my keyboard. You were nothing but polite to me and I am sure you were polite to the person concerned. If he was upset it might simply be that he wasn't prepared for the end of raid thing.

As for the rules well Kesxex did a wonderful job on this raid. The rules were clear and it looks like unfortunately on this occassion someone has missed out because maybe they didn't understand how important it was to get to the buffbot asap. I can speak with the person who got the vest concerned and see if there is anything we can do. Immediately I would suggest that if we can arrange a bit of compensation for either one of the two involved then that would be a decent compromise. It might be possible to get the vest yet but please don't expect me to. Be patient with me but remember the person doesn't have to give it up as far as I can see so I cannot promise anything. If Eleanora wants it maybe we could offer something for it maybe something he could use more readily?

His main is a chanter and an alt can use the vest - but maybe something from ToA for a chanter might be more fitting for him? These are just some thoughts on how we can help get out of this situation without too much pain I hope. Remember Eleanora made the mistake of not going to the buff bot and the guy who has the vest really has done nothing wrong - personally my feeling is that it would be nice to see someone who is going to use it more to have it but that was not part of our deal yesterday. So think a little bit more positively in terms of compensation etc. and maybe we can solve the problem. This guy is new to ToA so there will be lots he can be offered in exchange.

kind regards

Sharkith

Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

I really dont find Eleanora can claim anything. If you roll on such a great item and roll high and then go afk then you are really stupid. And I doubt thats what happened, I dont have the log but I think ele rolled before the vest was shown (so probably for the item before it).

I do hope the vest will get used, Im new to pryd and cant afford much yet. Winning a good item on a raid is about the only way for me to really get stuff going atm. (and the kindness of some people who have given me some very nice stuff already)

This does however show that it would perhaps be wise to change the rules of the lotto into played char or different alt named before raid. In my opinion ofcourse.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

There will always be someone not happy with the outcome of a roll, and as a raid leader there isn't much u can do about it. People are considered to be there when rolling, if afk or not replying, then it's their own fault imo.

All i can say is, well lead raid, was glad we got it finished before i needed to go work, hope i can get ML1 on my warden soon, so i can join the other raids in 2weeks.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”