General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Jupi
Emerald Rider

Easiest & Hardest Class to Play in RvR?

Post by Jupi »

Yes, yes more pointless posts....

easiest for me would b a blademaster /whistles

hardest imho to get right would b bard, its a tough job to b a very good bard
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Solo

Easier = any baseline stun caster
Hardest = Animist that i tried :s

Group

Easier = Blademaster
Hardest = Bard

Imo :p
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Relativly easy is any class that only assists. Being a good MA (whatever class) is hard work

Difficult: Bard being played well
finland:
holland:

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

easiest classes: bm,zerker, merc, ..
hard classes: bard, pac healer, healers, ... support mostly
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Jupi wrote:Yes, yes more pointless posts....

easiest for me would b a blademaster /whistles

hardest imho to get right would b bard, its a tough job to b a very good bard
I found a ranger hardest and druid easiest.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

hard: definitely a bard.
Easy: I never considered being an eldritch all that hard :p

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I don't think bard are hard to play per say. I think you have to have the right personality to play a bard which is something you cant really learn on the fly. Being a good bard is more to me about being able to lead and manage your group aswell as knowing the terrain and trends regarding where enemy players may or may not be. You need to be able to make good quick decisions listen to your group but not be bullied by them or have in group disputes, being a good bard is also dependent on having a good group, a group that gives info and makes suggestions but doesn't try to dictate. If you cant lead then dont bard.

Other than that i dont think the key presses or spell choices are ne more complicated than any other char. You just need to be good and landing your group in the right spot at the right time, facing the right direction. (lag free pc helps too)
look, no hands!

Now retired

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Well said Mojoman, have a point! :p

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

It depends if you mean hard as in so gimp you're a free rps gimp class or if you mean hard as in lots and lots of buttons and tools like a minstrel, bard or high utility caster (sorc/tri-spec cabby). Also you have to differentiate between hard to be good and just plain hard :p It's easy for example to run round as a cabby debuffing and lifetapping everything ftw but it's not so easy to make use of nearsight/snare/disease/str debuff/dex debuff/keep pet on a good target/body debuff/lifetap/BAoD/etc. etc.

Again it's difficult to decide whether a class is easy or not, for example, a bainshee sat at the lord in a tower behind a bunch of PBAErs guarding the stairs can rack up the spam and kills like nobody whilst people charging up the stairs are distracted by the PBAEs and the bainshee is free to CAE the living daylights out of anything with absolutely safety, however to play a bainshee in the field takes a little more effort and skill. The same goes for say, scouts, sure sitting atop a level 10 keep out the reach of anything dangerous is laughably easy farming but then taking that same scout down into the field and you're free rps to anything that as much as looks at you.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Mojo wrote:I don't think bard are hard to play per say. I think you have to have the right personality to play a bard which is something you cant really learn on the fly. Being a good bard is more to me about being able to lead and manage your group aswell as knowing the terrain and trends regarding where enemy players may or may not be. You need to be able to make good quick decisions listen to your group but not be bullied by them or have in group disputes, being a good bard is also dependent on having a good group, a group that gives info and makes suggestions but doesn't try to dictate. If you cant lead then dont bard.

Other than that i dont think the key presses or spell choices are ne more complicated than any other char. You just need to be good and landing your group in the right spot at the right time, facing the right direction. (lag free pc helps too)
well thats my whole point, to be a very good bard needs more than pushing the buttons, easy push buttons
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”