warden or bard in rvr?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
zlopke
Emerald Rider

warden or bard in rvr?

Post by zlopke »

after not having played daoc for over 1,5 year I've decided to give the game another shot
and now I'm wondering what char to use, mainly for rvr, these days

back in the old days groups were worthless without a bard but somehow I get the feeling that the bard lost a bit of his/her importance in the battlefield

so my question basicly is: which class (warden/bard) does hib/pryd need the most these days?
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Iron Wolves are most short of wardens. I am not sure we are typical of the realm, though. I think decent RvR bards might be a slightly higher need.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cryn wrote:Iron Wolves are most short of wardens. I am not sure we are typical of the realm, though. I think decent RvR bards might be a slightly higher need.
I think there is a slightly worse shortage of BG Warden's overall, if only because Warden's need ML8 to be effective, whereas a Bard can get away without high MLs.

There is definitely a shortage of both classes though, and both are needed for a balanced group.

Best to play the class you have most fun playing though, as you are more likely to stick with it :)

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Usually seem to be struggling to find bards.

Seanpaul
Emerald Rider

Post by Seanpaul »

Kallima wrote:Usually seem to be struggling to find bards.
/poke i'm normally a PM away.
So open your mouth and stick to your guns. You've gotta realise that she's indifferent. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh what your name? just wont learn, here we go again.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

playing warden is a thankless job and imho needs a person with a certain amount of patience, yer never gonna do huge damage nor yer never gonna do huge healing and zero cc... sorta jack of all trades but master of none so its more about having the right abilities and knowing when to use them properly in a group thats works and not just an afk bg/grapple bot as some might think
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

patience isn't a problem

got enough training in that from all the waiting for rezz in old rvr as a bard :)
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

well to be honest im a ml2 warden, attending every raid that is happening because i want to get to ml8.
most groups have told me i play the character well with a mix of healing and tanking, EoY for multpiple rezzing, im all templated, but when i ask for groups lately noone reply's , seems druids are the only healers wanted and no1 realises the benefits of pbt anymore. iron wolves if you want a warden for a set group (or any guild for that matter) consider the fact that almost every night of the week (except fridays and some saturdays) i am spamming LFG in ligen and looking for a regular group.

:asterixxx
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

zlopke
Emerald Rider

Post by zlopke »

asterixxx wrote:well to be honest im a ml2 warden, attending every raid that is happening because i want to get to ml8. but when i ask for groups lately noone reply's , seems druids are the only healers wanted and no1 realises the benefits of pbt anymore. iron wolves if you want a warden for a set group (or any guild for that matter) consider the fact that almost every night of the week (except fridays and some saturdays) i am spamming LFG in ligen and looking for a regular group.

:asterixxx
was wondering about that, the usefulness of pbt these days

got into some groups the last few days but that was probably only because of the wardenspeed :( (all groups were without a bard)
zlopje bard, dead
zlopke warden, alive

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Seanpaul wrote:/poke i'm normally a PM away.
Wonderful though you are Seanpaul, you can only run in one group at a time. Now if we could clone you we would solve the problem. <grins>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”