Update on Prydwen

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Requiel

Update on Prydwen

Post by Requiel »

The number of reports coming in has now slowed to a trickle and we are working flat out on clearing the backlog. It takes a long time to do each one as there's a lot of searching and cross-checking to do for each item on every character. We are working through the reports more or less in order and I must ask you if you've had no reply since the standard acknowledgement to be patient. We will get to your report, we haven't closed or ignored any.

We have a team of GMs from all the different server teams working on the problem and one English GM (Zenythe) who is sending out the acknowledgement replies as well as dealing with all the regular English RightNows. When she's sent the reply she is forwarding the report to a central list where the various GMs are picking them up. The reason you may have heard of some people being sorted out of turn is because if there's no reason to log the affected character in (we can give money without logging the character in for example), she will deal with it then and there without sending it to the central list. Only the reports that need items returning are going to the main list. Once there, they are being done in order, we aren't leaving the hard ones till last or doing our friends first.

To be honest the job is a lot bigger than we'd been given to believe, however there really isn't an alternative to doing what we are doing however long it takes. We appreciate your patience during this time and rest assured that you aren't being made to wait a second longer than is necessary.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Requiel wrote:To be honest the job is a lot bigger than we'd been given to believe
Really? Who'd have thought it! :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Dre@d
Emerald Rider

Post by Dre@d »

hi requiel, i did a /send to u in game cause my /title was reseted to 0, well u said that atm u cant do anithing for that but... well, daoc never saves my kills in /title, each time i log it is at 0 kills, u still cant do anithing about that?
thnx in advance
ALB/EXC
Mezzmastah Sorc R6 (Alb/exc) ML 10
Garruloman Pally R5 (Alb/exc) ML 10
Andetoi Infiltrator R4 (Alb/exc) Ml 4
Api Cleric R3 (Alb/exc) ML 6

HIB/PRYD
Dreadnough light eld R5 soon r6:) ml 10
Wapet 50 arboreal animist soon ml10

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Dre@d wrote:hi requiel, i did a /send to u in game cause my /title was reseted to 0, well u said that atm u cant do anithing for that but... well, daoc never saves my kills in /title, each time i log it is at 0 kills, u still cant do anithing about that?
thnx in advance
That is a known bug ... and they are probably busy dealing with replacing people's items atm.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

I would hope they are busy replacing peoples items over fixing a bug that doesnt stop you playing your main...
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Thanks for the info :)
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

We have a fix being sent from Mythic for the /title issues. We should recieve it and have tested it in the next couple of days, there'll be news on the website before we run it as we'll need to take the server down briefly to implement it.

Merino
Emerald Rider

Information Policy

Post by Merino »

Well Requiel, thanks for giving us at least a bit of information. As Xest points out we’re well aware that whoever is in charge underestimated the work to be done. But whatever the CoC says, it’s an essential feature of the service we pay for to play the toons we created and fostered (with the means Goa is providing), and in this respect I ask you to provide us, Goa’s customers, with some further information as to where Goa stand in the process of cleaning up. It’s only fair to get some information from Goa, as they claim in a mail sent to me (and probably others) that we get 12 free days as the problems have been resolved, which in my opinion is not the case and a misleading statement.
So, please let us know how many tickets have been resolved since Monday 5th, how many filed between the 5th and the 12th still remain open, how many people are working on the remaining tickets and what is your estimate for reaching the goal of having all open tickets settled. By using some more offensive communication Goa could at least gain back some consumer confidence, of which they have lost a great deal. Free days notwithstanding I have already paid a rather long subscription in advance and as a paying customer I ask for some more precise information than what we have been given so far.

Thank you for your understanding.

Merino/Yeyi

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

one thing i would like to know.
My friend filed a report regarding all his chars getting wipped of everything therefore the game wasnt literally playable (until he managed to get some from somewhere - dont ask where) on the 5th sept. Last friday ONE of his toons got sorted but the artifact was at level 0 although it had been at level 10. As he has actually replied to the email he was sent rightnow this error (and the fact none of the others had been sorted)-.

Does this mean his report will get put to the back of the cue or is it worth bugging you in game :p ? as he has been waiting a fair while now and to be honest has nearly lost all patence :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Requiel wrote:The number of reports coming in has now slowed to a trickle and we are working flat out on clearing the backlog. It takes a long time to do each one as there's a lot of searching and cross-checking to do for each item on every character. We are working through the reports more or less in order and I must ask you if you've had no reply since the standard acknowledgement to be patient. We will get to your report, we haven't closed or ignored any.

We have a team of GMs from all the different server teams working on the problem and one English GM (Zenythe) who is sending out the acknowledgement replies as well as dealing with all the regular English RightNows. When she's sent the reply she is forwarding the report to a central list where the various GMs are picking them up. The reason you may have heard of some people being sorted out of turn is because if there's no reason to log the affected character in (we can give money without logging the character in for example), she will deal with it then and there without sending it to the central list. Only the reports that need items returning are going to the main list. Once there, they are being done in order, we aren't leaving the hard ones till last or doing our friends first.

To be honest the job is a lot bigger than we'd been given to believe, however there really isn't an alternative to doing what we are doing however long it takes. We appreciate your patience during this time and rest assured that you aren't being made to wait a second longer than is necessary.

I appreciate Requiel posting this message but it still doesn't answer my question as to how much longer we have to wait. I'm two weeks down the line from posting about both accounts that were affected (fortunately account 3 wasn't affected at all) and as I sit here I still don't have any idea how much longer I will be waiting.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”