GoA say what? FFS!

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

GoA say what? FFS!

Post by Childofkhain »

Back to normal on Prydwen
Everything is slowly returning to normal on Prydwen, after a week of hard work both from part of the English technical support and the Community Managers from the other European servers. They dedicated their time and effort to restore lost objects or give compensation in gold.
After having identified the cause of the problem, all the necessary measures have been taken to avoid such an incident occurring again in the future. We apologise again to Prydwen players for the disturbance inflicted.

We remind you that if you noticed the disappearance of a quest item or an artifact, you can contact us. We also remind you that Prydwen realms were granted the maximum help for under-populated realms until the 16th of September, in order to make up for the wasted time. This means the following bonuses :
Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120 %
RvR Bonus : 10 %
Hookpoints Purchase : 50 % reduction

all well and good but for one fact...

Back to normal on Prydwen

its not back to normal thats total BS 7 of my characters are still wearing NOTHING and yet i hear of people who logged their losses on wednesday, two days after myself, being delt with and 40p in their pockets.

In laymans terms:

WHAT THE F**K ARE GOA DOING.

I would have no problem at all WHAT SO EVER if they said things are NOT fine, things are still being sorted, we are trying and we are sorry, it will never happen again or whatever.

But a subject heading of " Back to normal on Prydwen " is frankly taking the piss. Sort it out, now!
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

Can we sue them for saying that, if not be able to sue them for deleting our property on their server that we pay for monthly?
Retired until further notice

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Amedor, it's NOT our property, read the CoC etc.

Child, read the first few words directly below the section title, and you'll find what you're looking for! :s
~

Celedth
Emerald Rider

Post by Celedth »

Amedor wrote:Can we sue them for saying that, if not be able to sue them for deleting our property on their server that we pay for monthly?
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I think this needs to be clear:

It's not your property. You don't own anything on the servers. GOA (or Mythic if you play on the US servers) own your characters and their items, not you. What you pay GOA for is access to the service (playing the game) not for them to store your virtual property.

If anything you can sue them for not delivering the service you can resonable expect from the "deal" you have made. I'd be very suprised though if the deal (the CoC) does not have a "void in case of techical problems outside GOAs control" and/or a clause that allowes them to change the service without your consent. Techically and realistically the only option you have is the choice whenever you wish to continue to pay for the service or not.

And in the CoC the following piece can be found:

GOA can however not be held responsible for difficulties in accessing DAOC that may be due to your Internet access conditions and, more generally, for any malfunction of interruption to your Player Account connected to or resulting from an act of God.

The current database errors would fall under the last bit.

Amedor
Emerald Rider

Post by Amedor »

an act of God .. o.O
Retired until further notice

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Childofkhain wrote:say what?
The healer saved my butt! *sings away*

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Amedor wrote:an act of God .. o.O
lol maybe god made Jesus kill Prydwen?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

yea jesus has l33t h4x :satyn2:
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Kabane
Emerald Rider

Post by Kabane »

Refering to the holy book god informed jesus that as the son of the God he was infact part of god himself and ther for jesus was the holy one himself,
Now being the son of God myself and acording to the holy book, i there for invoke the Right of being the holy one GOD in acordence to this i Decree that the sever crash was not an act of God!!! as i did not have a hand in the sever crash !

Thanks for lissening
Kabane,
A GoD in his own right!

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

oO
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”