incoming horses

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

incoming horses

Post by Alexandrinus »

Advanced Mount Highlights :

- Will require purchase of Darkness Rising Expansion Pack.
- Ability to purchase granted at level 45.
- 5 types of mounts will be available including Nightmare, Unicorn, Warhorse, ndead/Phantom, and Standard Horse.
- Purchasable at vendors throughout the world and in the King's Magery.
- Faster than Standard mounts.
- Can be used in PvE and in RvR.- Advanced mounts are customizable - adding saddlebags, armor, barding and the ability to name your mount are all advantages to having an advanced mount over a standard one.

thats a part of the last friday news anyone knows what they mean with mounts can be used in RVR?

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I seriously doubt you will be able to cast/attack from the horseback as this would make bard speed even more worthless. But it would be cool if tanks was able to fight while on horseback imo. But what they proberbly mean is that you can use the mounts to travel in the frontier but you dismount once combat starts. Either way it would have looked bloody awsome to see mounted combat.
Then again, it would only be really cool if they was to put object collision into the game.

Edit: the rest of the text was proberbly pretty much the same as we've heard before.

/Ankh

Caestar
Emerald Rider

Post by Caestar »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I seriously doubt you will be able to cast/attack from the horseback as this would make bard speed even more worthless. But it would be cool if tanks was able to fight while on horseback imo. But what they proberbly mean is that you can use the mounts to travel in the frontier but you dismount once combat starts. Either way it would have looked bloody awsome to see mounted combat.
Then again, it would only be really cool if they was to put object collision into the game.

Edit: the rest of the text was proberbly pretty much the same as we've heard before.

/Ankh
object collision?...hang on a sec arent we all supposed to be ghosts?

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Well, all stealthers would be probably nice to see stealthed on a visible horse :p
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Tasmin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tasmin »

Hope its not going to be possible to kill someone elses mount, could get expensive at 1p a ride :)

Tas

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Tasmin wrote:Hope its not going to be possible to kill someone elses mount, could get expensive at 1p a ride :)

Tas
lol not many will be able to ride through frontiers then, and money farming will be going high

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I seriously doubt you will be able to cast/attack from the horseback as this would make bard speed even more worthless. But it would be cool if tanks was able to fight while on horseback imo. But what they proberbly mean is that you can use the mounts to travel in the frontier but you dismount once combat starts. Either way it would have looked bloody awsome to see mounted combat.

/Ankh
horse speed is NOT faster then speed 5 on a bard, the 2 speeds do NOT add together either, horse speed is just slower then caster speed so a melee will not be able to mount up and chase down speed classes. If you get hit you 'may' get dismounted.

And yes, use in rvr means able to use it in new frontiers, standard mounts which is a bit slower then the mounts you get if you buy darkness rising is just usable in PvE zones.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Heta wrote:And yes, use in rvr means able to use it in new frontiers, standard mounts which is a bit slower then the mounts you get if you buy darkness rising is just usable in PvE zones.
I seriously doubt that anyone didnt understand this part from the text, but the question I had was if you will be able to use them during battle - as if you can attack while mounted without dismounting.

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I was just agreeing.. wasnt talking against you :treeebear

and pretty sure I have read that you will have to demount to fight
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Hemuli
Emerald Rider

Post by Hemuli »

Whee, another worthless expansion coming :bow:
- murr -

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :|

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”