Irreversible Clustering?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Irreversible Clustering?

Post by Briannon »

Here's an interesting comment from this week's grab-bag on the US site...

Q: Is de-clustering something that Mythic has planned for?

A: Yep. That's why servers aren't merged, but rather, clustered. If the situation called for it, we could break them back apart without more than a day of downtime. Some of the changes we're currently discussing (in response to feedback asking for some player-friendly features on the clusters) might make breaking the clusters apart a little more challenging, but it could still be done.

I remember very clearly GOA saying clustering is irreversible.

So, there you go... clustering is and isn't irreversible.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Thats cause GoA aint got a fucking clue :sharkith:
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

Its not the first time GOA contradict MYTHIC.

I mean, clearly GOA know best...
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Javai
Emerald Rider

Post by Javai »

nibs wrote:Its not the first time GOA contradict MYTHIC.

I mean, clearly GOA know best...

It's not the first time Mythic contradict Mythic either :)

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

If Mythic tell GOA it's irreversible & they pass the info on to us, how are they to know that later in the day Mythic will decide that they can (if they wish, maybe, if they can work out how they did it in the first place, maybe, possibly) take it apart again if they want??

There's a certain number of things that GOA have to accept as fact from Mythic as they make the game. If Mythic changes their mind at a later date why's that GOA's fault?

That's always an option, no guarantees that any of the above happened as none of us work for Mythic or GOA - though the amount of time some people spend 2nd guessing them & telling them how to do their jobs perhaps that lot should. Would make me laugh when they really screw things up.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Genedril wrote:If Mythic tell GOA it's irreversible & they pass the info on to us, how are they to know that later in the day Mythic will decide that they can (if they wish, maybe, if they can work out how they did it in the first place, maybe, possibly) take it apart again if they want??

There's a certain number of things that GOA have to accept as fact from Mythic as they make the game. If Mythic changes their mind at a later date why's that GOA's fault?

That's always an option, no guarantees that any of the above happened as none of us work for Mythic or GOA - though the amount of time some people spend 2nd guessing them & telling them how to do their jobs perhaps that lot should. Would make me laugh when they really screw things up.
Erm, Mythic if Mythic wanted clustering to be reversible it's something they'd have planned in from the very very start of it's design, therefore why would they have said it's irreversible at all? Mythic staff wont have woken up one day and said "Hmm, let's make clustering reversible!"
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

What you might have got is GOA being offered two options: cluntering or clustering and de-clustering. They figured their was no point paying for the ability to de-cluster ... not like they would need it :).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Lairiodd wrote:What you might have got is GOA being offered two options: cluntering or clustering and de-clustering. They figured their was no point paying for the ability to de-cluster ... not like they would need it :).
smart moooove then >.<
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

its known that GOA havnt bought the full daoc from mythic, they got a slimed down version of it with not all the tools
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

VidX

Post by VidX »

Heta wrote:its known that GOA havnt bought the full daoc from mythic, they got a slimed down version of it with not all the tools
Nerf that slime :(
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”