Arrogance from GOA >.<

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Arrogance from GOA >.<

Post by Arcsalin »

If you have complaints about the game then don't bother because this is the sort of arrogant reply you will get >.<

Response (CM_EN) 08/08/2005 02:44 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem and can fully understand your frustration(this is clearly a joke in the way this person goes about justifying his/her answer without clearly thinking about what this person is saying) but no, I will not grant credit.

Not getting credit because you die or because an encounter was done wrong is part of the game (This suggests i was being dishonest at both attempts and i am not pleased nor amused by this remark). We realise that bugs should be part of the game (ehm? really, so why bother doing all that testing before you release patches only to find you cannot do your job properly? I pay for a service that is in adequate, flawed and inconsistent as they clearly admit, people are paid to do their jobs and to get it right!! and if they aren't doing things right then we should get a refund. I find this disgusting that they offer a service and then arrogantly say they this is what you pay for? I didn't pay my subs for this service, nor for the kind of disgusting reply I got in return) and we are working very hard with Mythic to get all of the bugs fixed (which they never do as the game even from patches of 2 years ago are still bugged) . But in the meanwhile it will remain a part of the game that you sometimes have to do a step several times(In other words, I can't be arsed doing anything about it). And in all honesty killing that Snake isn't a very hard step(Yeah sure, solo ranger, guildless, few friends online at any one time who have always other things to do, bow temp ranger ehm try again mate).

Good luck!

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Name : Scythyjn
Server name : Prydwen
Class : Ranger
Race : Elf
Date : August 7 2005
Time 21:45 pm

How many times must I do ml 6.1 before i get credit? [Incident: 050807-000116]

Sorry to be showing a little annoyance here but i've just done this encounter (Haj Uraei) for the second time while being in a group and not getting credit.

The first time i was in a group with a druid and a light mentalist with a pet - no credit last week. I've just done it right now with a full group and yes i died but the group killed it and I still did not get credit. I have all of ml6 done bar that step. I find it very annoying when I deliberately go out of my way for a second occasion without complaint and still find the game is not working properly.

Can you explain why I am not getting credit when the mob was killed legitimately? And I would like some assurance that either :-
A) You will give me credit without having to do it yet again.
or
B) If have to do this again because there is quite clearly a bug in the game that you will ensure that I won't suffer the same experience as I have in the past two attempts to gain credit.

I find it ridiculous that I attempt something quite legitimately, and never get credit for something. It's not exactly a common mob, nor is it easily found as it roams. Please fix this problem for me now so that I can move on to ml 7 (which is completed along with ml 8 ).

Thanks.

And thank you too goa, you need to get this person sorted out because obviously their comprehension of english and customer needs are clearly wanting.

This person seemed to think i was scrounging for credit when i was actually making a legitimate complaint. The person failed to answer my question in every instance. It is also quite obvious from this answer that there is no intention to do anything about anything that is bugged until they get the nod from mythic when the service they supply is supposed to ensure that the player gets no 'as they put it' grieving from the game, this should be the case in every instance, not just from players.

Had I been given a more satisfactory answer as to what the problem is with this 'minor incident' ie the nature of what the problem is with it, then I'd have felt more confident with the reply. But if this is the sort of reply you are going to get for such a small incident then it hardly breeds confidence in their customers and their delivery of this service and any future problems.

A round of applause for GOA if you please /clap.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

tought it was well known that they dont grant credit to steps like that, suck that you dont seem to be able to get it but this is a thing they wont budge on
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

I was quite prepared for them to say that we won't give you credit, but their lack of an 'answer' as to what they will do about it really made me very displeased. The failure to answer the question itself shows a lack of concern for their customers in its own right.

Lasaeonn

Post by Lasaeonn »

I think ML6.1 can be done as a battlegroup so next time you do attempt it make sure you have a battlegroup running then if you fail to get credit the BG leader should be able to do /bg grantcredit for that step.
Lasaeonn Blackstaff the Enchanter GM DarkBlade Mercenaries
Lasander the Bard with no style
Playing also on Gahreis (US Co-Op Server) and in DR Beta

gonzales
Emerald Rider

Post by gonzales »

on my bot on excal I had to do it 4 times before I got credit :( and they didn't wanna give credit either so I just had to keep looking :)
Pryd
Freezingwiz - Druid - RR6Lx - ML 10
Gonzaless - Ranger RR4Lx - ML 9
Minigonz - Hero - RR1L8 - ML 0
<Cataclysm>

Excal
Freezingwiz - Wiz - RR 7L3 - ML 10
Gonzales - Mincer - RR 8L10 - ML 10
Crispy - Sorc - RR 8L2 - ML 10
House 155
Officer in <Herfølge Boldklub>

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Lasaeonn wrote:I think ML6.1 can be done as a battlegroup so next time you do attempt it make sure you have a battlegroup running then if you fail to get credit the BG leader should be able to do /bg grantcredit for that step.

Afaik it is a group step mate, always has been and always will be. Can't grant credit for group steps.

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

The problem is that the encounter works. We can test it and it will work perfectly everytime, we can look at the code and the requirements and se that nothing is misconfigured, literally thousands of other people have done the step with no problems. That doesn't leave a lot to work with regarding fixing the bug.

If it doesn't work for you then one of three things is possible.
1: You didn't complete the encounter correctly. As it's not possible for us to check every single detail after the fact as many things which may be relevant aren't logged, it's impossible for us to say whether or not you did it correctly.
2: There is a bug with your character somehow preventing you from recieving credit. I have seen this happen once and once only and the circumstances surrounding it were pretty unique.
3: Some kind of database glitch prevented the system from awarding you credit. I'm not a database admin so I can't go into detail here, but someone who is explained how sometimes latencies between very large databases communicating with each other can introduce one-off bugs like this.

What we do when things like this are reported is as follows. We check the encounter to make sure that there are no wrongly set triggers or actions. We check to see if there are any requirements that your character doesn't meet. We test based on the information in your initial report to see if we can reproduce the bug. Usually we can't, very rarely we can and when we can the details are sent to Mythic so that the bug can be fixed.

What we can't do is give you credit (mostly for the reasons in case 1 above). In this case the CM was correct in what he said although I think he meant to say 'We realise that bugs should not be part of the game' rather than that they should be part of the game. Other than that, there's not a lot that he can say to you as the only answer he can give you is the one answer you don't want to hear.

`Naema
Emerald Rider

Post by `Naema »

Arcsalin wrote: The failure to answer the question itself shows a lack of concern for their customers in its own right.
:compbash:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Imo do the encounter again and make sure a GM is standing close by :)

/Ankh

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

I dare not to imagine the massive resources needed to grant credit to someone !

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”