Raid Arrangements...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Raid Arrangements...

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

I am very, very grateful to all the people in our Realm that take the time and effort to arrange ML raids for our benefit. I can usually attend the weekend raids without a problem, but the raids during the week are a bit of a lost cause for me, hence this post.

Can I please, please ask those of you who are raid leaders to consider making the start time of your raids during the week after 7 PM GMT?

A lot of employed adults cannot physically get home before 7 PM (I live in London and commuting is a royal pain in the ass TBH).

I really would love to attend all the ML raids, but if you start too early then myself and many in my position will be unable to.

I really hope I don't read as being ungrateful, because that couldn't be further from the truth - it's just a plea for week raids to be more inclusive.

Thank you very much!

P.S. A huge thanks to Kilreen for a very well led and executed ML2 raid, I had a great time - even if I didn't particularly have a lot of healing to do!

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

I think most people try to run with the CET people in mind as well as the work people,

Too early start and peeps cant join who are at work
Too late and our CET breathren cannot stay for the end

2 corses of action.

We fix the lottery so all Daoc Players no longer have to work therefore forfitting the work time issue

or

We bribe a member of the EU to change CET to GMT ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

It is good to have the raids again as I remember a time where nothing happened.
Raid leaders have lives to (well, in a way) so they have to schedule raids with this in mind.

Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

Kesxex wrote:It is good to have the raids again as I remember a time where nothing happened.
Raid leaders have lives to (well, in a way) so they have to schedule raids with this in mind.
I know mate, and I am really grateful for the people who make the effort. I'd just like to be able to attend more! I hope I haven't offended anyone with my post, I just know that there must be others in my position and if future raids can bear people like myself in mind and compromise with start times then they can be assured of my support :)

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

Darktail

Post by Darktail »

Kesxex wrote:It is good to have the raids again as I remember a time where nothing happened.
wel i try'd to have a life, seems my life here is more funn, if ml zerg's from kilreen are over i wil setup a new one, or maybe some rvr hunts ..

just looking for some openings in our bizzy callander ^^
Warhammer - K8P
[K8P-Order] Sisyphus - Runepriest
[K8P-Order] Slayopatra - WariorPriest

[prydwen]Darkruby - Ward
[prydwen]Slayopatra - Mentalist

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Sturgis Podmore wrote:I am very, very grateful to all the people in our Realm that take the time and effort to arrange ML raids for our benefit. I can usually attend the weekend raids without a problem, but the raids during the week are a bit of a lost cause for me, hence this post.

Can I please, please ask those of you who are raid leaders to consider making the start time of your raids during the week after 7 PM GMT?

A lot of employed adults cannot physically get home before 7 PM (I live in London and commuting is a royal pain in the ass TBH).

I really would love to attend all the ML raids, but if you start too early then myself and many in my position will be unable to.

I really hope I don't read as being ungrateful, because that couldn't be further from the truth - it's just a plea for week raids to be more inclusive.

Thank you very much!

P.S. A huge thanks to Kilreen for a very well led and executed ML2 raid, I had a great time - even if I didn't particularly have a lot of healing to do!
I would like to second this. I really appreciate you guys for running these raids even if I have not managed to get onto one because real life means I cannot get to the computer most nights before 7pm.

Podmore you have my sympathy trying to get home through London as well I did it for six years and I know just how crazy it can get!

Maybe a solution might be for one of the GMT players who would like to do these to start some raids at 7pm later in the week so many of us can pick up what we missed?

Once again this is not a critcism simply pointing out that it is a bit of a snag for a lot of us.

Sharkith

Mundokar
Emerald Rider

Post by Mundokar »

7PM GMT would be a perfect time indeed.

And plz giv ML1 raid at that time :D
Daphney - Blademaster 50 Bane3 RR2
Daeuta - Druid 50 Perf3
Keabin - Warden 40

Proud member of Na Fianna Dragun

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Mundokar wrote:7PM GMT would be a perfect time indeed.

And plz giv ML1 raid at that time :D
I need ML1 BG steps as well! Have you got the group steps yet?

Sharkith

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

I think alot of people feel intimidated about running raids, as if they don't do it well they get flamed. Tis one of the reasons I don't run raids other than dv farming, as if you don't do it the opt way you get stick.

I think 6.30 p.m. / 7p.m. G.M.T. is the best time to run a raid.
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Only thing I would say for raid leaders to consider, it is not possible for UK peopel to get home from work earlier, it IS possible for cet people to stop up later.

Personally I can just about get home for 18:00 Uk time, but it is a struggle 19:00 is much more civilised.

I do know that some cet people find it hard to get on that early too. I think a start time of 19:00 gmt/20:00 cet would be the best for getting the most people.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”