Hacking - Why do people do it

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
MythieY
Emerald Rider

Post by MythieY »

Aardh wrote:Not only a thief... But a desperate one as well >:)
lol

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

I'm desperatly trying to understand how this hack was done...I mean, You told him that he could have Catacombs cdkey and £40 in exchange for another account and then he would (before recieving your account info) manage to hack it? If he knew how to hack, why hack an account that he would get along with £40? Not sure I get this one. And also, if you didnt give him your account info, how do you think he got it? It's not really easy to hack another persons computer if that computer has a firewall up - UNLESS that person is stupid enough to share a partition/directory where he keep his account info. Imo if this guy was a 'hacker' wouldnt he try and find an account that had other things than Bracer of the triumvirate and 10000 copper? :) (yeah, I saw the rest of the items too, but point is that there arent anything among those items that would be worth hacking your account to get)
MythieY wrote:he sold this account the day after i gave him the cd key on ebay.
Umm...what?

/Ankh

MythieY
Emerald Rider

Post by MythieY »

Ankh Morpork wrote:I'm desperatly trying to understand how this hack was done...I mean, You told him that he could have Catacombs cdkey and £40 in exchange for another account and they he would (before recieving your account info) manage to hack it? If he knew how to hack, why hack an account that he would get along with £40? Not sure I get this one. And also, if you didnt give him your account info, how do you think he got it? It's not really easy to hack another persons computer if that computer has a firewall up - UNLESS that person is stupid enough to share a partition/directory where he keep his account info. Imo if this guy was a 'hacker' wouldnt he try and find an account that had other things than Bracer of the triumvirate and 10000 copper? :) (yeah, I saw the rest of the items too, but point is that there arent anything among those items that would be worth hacking your account to get)

Umm...what?

/Ankh
tbh i really dont care about the items, it's the fact that he did it that annoys me, he was ment to be a friend, i've helped him loads of timeswith lvling char's etc...

but as i said, i just wanna play, i just thought that he should be named and shamed for what he did

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

MythieY wrote:tbh i really dont care about the items, it's the fact that he did it that annoys me, he was ment to be a friend, i've helped him loads of timeswith lvling char's etc...

but as i said, i just wanna play, i just thought that he should be named and shamed for what he did

Fair enough, but I still don't get it :)

/Ankh

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Fair enough, but I still don't get it :)

/Ankh
Fair enough indeed. There is more then 1 side to a story so we'll never know prob

The guy is named and shamed and so are you a bit ;p
finland:
holland:

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Ankh Morpork wrote:3?

/Ankh

Is 3 the number that comes after 10? Surely Ankh, you can't be suggesting that 1... 2... 3... (oh, after two) times is enough?

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote:Is 3 the number that comes after 10? Surely Ankh, you can't be suggesting that 1... 2... 3... (oh, after two) times is enough?
Oh I thought I would win a cigar :(
Quinlan wrote:Fair enough indeed. There is more then 1 side to a story so we'll never know prob

The guy is named and shamed and so are you a bit ]

hehe fair from it mate...i've got no reason what so ever to be shamed :)

My point is, im not sure what this guy is supposed to have done.. :D I do get the part about stealing items...but the whole deal is to me a mystery :)

/Ankh

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Ankh Morpork wrote:Oh I thought I would win a cigar :(

hehe fair from it mate...i've got no reason what so ever to be shamed :)

My point is, im not sure what this guy is supposed to have done.. :D I do get the part about stealing items...but the whole deal is to me a mystery :)

/Ankh

Err, don't think Quin was meaning you Ankh, I thought he meant the guy who nicked the stuff (very very named and shamed) and Myth (a teensy bit shamed for falling for the scam).

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Briannon wrote:Err, don't think Quin was meaning you Ankh, I thought he meant the guy who nicked the stuff (very very named and shamed) and Myth (a teensy bit shamed for falling for the scam).
Thank you Brian :)
finland:
holland:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote:Err, don't think Quin was meaning you Ankh, I thought he meant the guy who nicked the stuff (very very named and shamed) and Myth (a teensy bit shamed for falling for the scam).

Ahhh :D duh, that was pretty obvious now that I think of it :D

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”