Mmm, new server types...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Mmm, new server types...

Post by Xest »

So Mythics chucked us our latest monthly poll which they do now, asking us what we want in the next round of patches, this time they're offering us new server types, the options and my comments are:

1) I do not wish to answer this poll
- Boring twats!

2) A server type that eliminates the ability for players to travel to Trials of Atlantis (to eliminate artifacts, master levels, and master level abilities)
- Yay, they do listen! Got my vote - gives me reason to roll some Midgard chars if I don't have to bother with ToA, also might bring a lot of players back to the game.

3) A server type that provides a range restriction or timer on all buffs that are currently concentration buffs.
- Too late, just wont work, everyone would be a warlock or a vampiir, the game just aint balanced around not having buffs anymore

4) A server that limits the amount of experience a player can earn every 24 hours (to promote casual place)
- Nice idea, but a limit on xp and the same current xp rate? No thanks, would be nice coupled with faster xp'ing though so it would be a FUN casual experience rather than a TEDIOUS casual experience

5) A server that allows realm invades to enter opposing realm's home zones (the "home invasion" server).
- Always been a fan of this idea, chucked it a vote on one account

6) I am happy with the currently available server types and would not restart on any of these servers.
- Don't give stuckists the option to be boring imo!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sardine
Emerald Rider

Post by Sardine »

Having a non ToA server would rock ^^ Would be annoyed about spending lots of time ToA'ing my acc up, but in the end ToA ruined the fun of the game.
gone...

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

Uh yeah, as u said Xest, option 2 and 5 are the ones needed :)

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

Id love to see a combo.

Give everyone buffs & everyones automatically ML10.

Less grind time for everyone, and less irritation, you can still hit the ML mobs etc for loot etc, and artifact mobs drop the scrolls as well as the artifact 100%.

Gitt

Post by Gitt »

Xest wrote: 2) A server type that eliminates the ability for players to travel to Trials of Atlantis (to eliminate artifacts, master levels, and master level abilities)
Get's my vote, I'd happily ditch all my arti's and ML's to regain some of the old flavour of the game.... and to never, ever, ever have to suffer the hair-pulling, teeth-grinding pain of an ML Battlegroup ever again :p

...As an alternative, can we send all the PL'ing, ML-grasping, Arti-whoring fanatics into ToA and eliminate their ability to travel back? No? Ah well, just a thought :p

spook
Emerald Rider

Post by spook »

holy cow, the second option might let daoc enter a renaissance (I'm probably using the word in a wrong connection, but it sounds good :o )

I know I'd be rolling chars on that server and probably leave my WoW box unopened for a while.
Merely Mortal
Waiting for WAR, both the virtual and the real

Formerly on Hib/Pryd as:
Damarmas, Cias, Bryce, Line

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

Option 2 does sound (/edit oops said it didnt to start)great, and tbh at option 5; when i first bought the game i thought it was going to be that :P

Edlina
Emerald Rider

Post by Edlina »

spook wrote:holy cow, the second option might let daoc enter a renaissance (I'm probably using the word in a wrong connection, but it sounds good :o )

I know I'd be rolling chars on that server and probably leave my WoW box unopened for a while.
If only they'd remove NF as well :(

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

I actually dont think any of the options are that brilliant. Just make SCing and Epic armour superiour to stuff you can get from drops and that would make me happy.

They started well with the adding All Melee/Magic option gem but they need to go further!!!

Also they need to introduce Gem making so you can make your own gems insted of paying about 10p for a silly bracer which some muppet keeps farming..

(obviously not stuff you can cap in your Epic - then no one would hunt anywhere cept for there epic)

however since thats not an option :p

Home invasion is nice but just mean albion and midguard will set up holiday homes in Hobernia.

Lack of TOA is the most viable however means you would loose your nice artifact bonuses such as range/speed which i think adds more 'spice' to the game ;)

The amount of xp gained is nice but wouldnt it be annoying if you were 1% to ding level 50 and the message came up <you have exceeded your daily allowance of xp and have ## hours til you can gain xp again>
V frustraiting.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Compton
Emerald Rider

Post by Compton »

Actually TOA and NF brought balance between most of the classes (except for upping the best ones like healers a bit more).

Without TOA was fun, but I think it has more to do with people getting a little bored of the game in general at the moment. And "in the old days" things were always better ;)

Of course I wouldn't be against a non-TOA server, that would at least give the ability to roll a new class on a new realm. As it is now and being said before, the TOA part is too much.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”