Late Night Duelling ...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

Blight wrote:There are only two albs I respect for soloing and not adding, and that's samaroon and knarl. .
3rd is xycristopher (but not many want to fight against and high lvl reaver with all his RA on : :bggrin: )

and to knarl, like Sean P. said already whole FG sobs when we saw a FG rolls over him :nono:

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

I got screenie of xrystofer abusing villa bug, don't like him much, even though he's started to show some respect for dueling now that he got some more realm ranks.

villa abuse
Don't know why the screenies I upload get distorted though.
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

yes thats the abuse i posted yesterday from this Friar with D...

and thats the thing with growing in RR, you get more and more controll of your caracter and more and more respect for fair duels, no nervous sprinting on enemies (if they are tanks) you take your time bow(some beckon :-)) and then you engage the fight.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Bebop
Emerald Rider

Post by Bebop »

Blight wrote:Don't know why the screenies I upload get distorted though.
I have same exactly same prob sometimes, usually down to the host, try uploading it a couple of times, usually does the trick... does for me anywayz on geoshittys :)
Prydwen RETIRED..Might be comming back!
Hib
Bebop
Boppa
Bopper
Bops
Furse
Mid
Bebop
Latona
Bopps
Boppa

US
Bpm - RM
Eternul - BD
Tequila - Healer

Bourkey
Emerald Rider

Post by Bourkey »

wow, about 5 pages or more posted since i last read, and i only posted last night ^^.

I personally still cant see a problem, it happens late at night because less people about etc. If you turn up and get annoyed because are lots of people having a bit of fun move on and go somewhere else, they enjoy the game that way, but your annoyed because you cant enjoy the game your way? Problem is is there are 12 people rvr and 11 of them are dueling not much you can do about it, as they want to do what they want to do, and if you want them to respect your way of fun, then respect theres.
[19:25] Jupiler: in heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here...when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

Duels are fun for sure, otherwise it wouldn't be done all over Hibernia within the realm.

An arena would be good to make something legal that a lot of players like to do.

I have seen my fair share of duels while running around in not-so-used places. Easy to reach for both sides, nice environment and most often healers around to rez someone dead in the duel so it can continue after the rez sick is gone.

I myself consider these types of duels lame as it is in my eyes just rp farming.

Would these duels happen if no realm points were gained? Sure, a minority would do it just for the fun but a lot of the one type where rps are everything that is just waste of time.

Yes, there are some people that do it and I get a nice collection of screenshots of them over time. But I leave them alone.

The problem is when these duels happen straight in the spotlight where everyone wanders around. Just don't do it, guys. Yes, it might be convenient but in certain ways it can be against the COC which everyone logged in has already ACCEPTED. Sure, there is some way of interpretation to one or the other side in it, but effectively if GOA bans someone they have set up the rules and the interpretation even if the banned person interpretes it the other way.

All you duelers do yourselves a favor and set the duels at a place where you don't get watched.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Of course it's not sensible to do it in a crowded area, to big a chance of adds and stuff. That is why back in "my days" people did it at Hadrians Wall, nice and quiet.
But I'm sorry, please explain to me how it's RP farming.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Blight wrote:I got screenie of xrystofer abusing villa bug, don't like him much, even though he's started to show some respect for dueling now that he got some more realm ranks.

villa abuse
Don't know why the screenies I upload get distorted though.
this prove nothing tho, can just aswell have targeted a alb outside the house and /face and gone into melee stance
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Kesxex wrote: All you duelers do yourselves a favor and set the duels at a place where you don't get watched.
U make it sound like its organised, 99% of the time its not, its like seeing a 1vs1 fight majority of the time i will leave em at it and sometimes watch and if somebody else stops by and watches fine by me, but u consider this rp farming and a breach of CoC and as i said already its a petty offence.... in some arab countries the cut ur hand off for stealing (even if its an apple)....
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Aladdin!! admit it Jupi u watched that movie :D

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”