Late Night Duelling ...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Heta wrote:I wish Requil was a woman :(

got so disapointed when I saw pictures from the daoc meet in london
hehe why?

and you saw Zenythe stood beside him in those photos too?... Zen being a GM too ;)
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

but I wanted Requil to be one :(

and no I only saw the pictures of him alone :treeebear
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Good work on getting those people banned! Next time, use PM if u don't want the debate.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Banana wrote:hm the initial post marely told people not to duel late night
and from what i saw he was only warning people
if ya get banned its cause you broke a rule - not cause someone snitched tho that is what people seem to think :?
wether you agree with it or not - requiel said if you do it you gonna get banned :p open and shut case :)
eerm nope, people think
1) its petty
2) look what happened with /em bans, 1 excal/alb iirc got banned and it spiralled outta control cause he reported everybody else, domino effect, what did it prove? its petty and tied up alot of resources imho
3) if people want to watch somebody fighting so be it
4) they bend the rules as they see fit, if they implemted the account sharing rule 3/4 of the server would be banned
5) play the game as u want to play it, but if u dont win dont go whining to teacher that johnny stole yer pencil
6) if i run into somebody l8 and nite and have a fight, die and run back to same spot and meet same person is that duelling? people go where they think the action is
7) and i dont really give a shit if big brother is watching me tbh
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I think worse of people watching big brother then big brother watching people
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

I dont think that posting to a public forum is the best way for eye's and ear's to deal with potential CoC breaches, that was the thrust of my last post. I assume that that is also the opionion of GOA who it would appear have advised Selenia to make no more comments against this thread.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

i always go ther watch and when enemy killed our realmate i kill enemy when he is at low health muuuuaaaahhhhhhhh

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Blight
Emerald Rider

Post by Blight »

Since gm's have no way of knowing if duels are organized or not, they should be very careful. I.e there are a few enemies I respect, and through time, that respect has gotten mutual, so when we see eachother, we emote etc and start fighting. And you think it's fun, so after release, you go back to the same spot, hoping that the other guy will be there as well. And it's inevitable that more people will show up, some will just add and kill, some will sit and watch. Nothing you can do about that really. There are only two albs I respect for soloing and not adding, and that's samaroon and knarl. And, since I know that they want solo fights, I try to give them that, even if I know that I will surely lose. But I'm thinking that if I give them a lil bit of fun, they might not get bored of getting rolled over by others so quick, and play the game longer, so we can all have fun together. Banning people for this seems unnecessary and it discourages acts of chivalry/honour etc which is not forbidden according to CoC.
Blight eld ml 10
Blaeght mana eld ml 10
Mrbond shade ml 10
Maryan ment lgm tailor ml 2 (house 3259)
Laraev hero ml 5
Nina chanter ml 10
Lukkoye bard ml 8
Shroomss animist
Lokan bm ml 10
Buffysvamp bb and legendary armorer
http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/s.php?u=Leetl

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

I just assist everyone :D *cough* *cough*

:moley:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

tbh whatever u think about the rights and wrongs of it duelling at chokepoints is kinda stupid, and it would prolly annoy less people if it wasn't so in-your-face.

(/em spammers aren't the sharpest tools in the box either, griefing someone whose then in a position to give u a ban).

Seems GoA having a bit of a crack down this kinda stuff as I heard they were banning peeps for crossrealming to take keeps for iRvR etc. Fair enuff tbh, 3 day ban is hardly any big drama (some peeps making it sound like it's some draconian action) and imo rigging stuff to make good fights does take away from 'the spirit of the game' and nice GoA is firing some shots across the bow.

Like I say, if you don't like it don't duel at chokepoints. It is annoying when ur trying to solo at 3am or whatever and a bunch of idiots camping the only action spot in town having a /kiss /kiss party.
Mael, 50th ment.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”