Is it Zerg or Bust for the casual player in RvR nowadays?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

maxis wrote: There's plenty of RvR for casual players... the point Wyst raised was that once your character graduates beyond the zerg it's very hard to take the next step into 8v8. This is a fair point I think, but I don't think the answer is to fragment the community even further by creating yet more separate areas... we don't want another half-baked divisive idea like the classic server.
The last point I totally agree with. I also think Maeloch is right it is most probably a symptom of the low population on the server. Roll on DR!

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Alexandrinus wrote:rvr atm is much more better then in old frontiers(we dont have these neverending runs anymore till you get one fight)
Agramon is FG action
Bridges near docks are for the normal people

and there are always corner-tactics wich you can use to get rps for your chars,do this what everyone does and you will meet the zerg, to things wich only some do and you will get your solo fights.

I can't complain really I think it's good as it is really, but I can understand that some don't think so as it can be hard getting a group if you havent got much experience or many friends that also play the game, or atleast some that have been doing much RvR.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Cryn wrote:I left before cluster and Wyst's point in this thread was pretty much the main reason I left. I play DAoC as light entertainment and as such want to be able to pick it up and put it down when I need/want. I also don't want to have to use voice comms.

well this is more or less the same in all games tbh, and you get more effective by using voice communication, and when some have started doing so and you want to be competetiv.

Not like it's only Daoc this is used in, so changeing game because of that aint no point imo.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Am I the only one who finds it strange & kinda hypocritical when people complain about cheaters & the use of 3rd party programs used to gain an unfair advantage over those not using them on the one hand & then go on to expound & recommend the use of voice-comms on the other, which are ... ermmm ... 3rd-party programs used to gain an unfair advantage over those not using them?
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

3rd party programmes that count as cheating are ones that affect the game itself. Voice comms programmes do not touch the game, and are not (usually!) used for cross-realming either, so no, I don't think you can call it cheating or hypocritical.

Edit: and it's allowed, so anyone who wants to can do it, hence it's not exactly unfair.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Aye, & I can see that people could all sit in the same room & achieve the same effect or communicate through other means, but still ... I don't think it's the way the game was intended to be played, & it IS an unfair advantage over those unwilling or unable to use them for whatever reasons.
I guess they're unfortunately an unavoidable fact of life now though :(
They should put it on the requirements-list on the box since you can more or less no longer RvR successfully without using them =/
-
-

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

OohhoO wrote:Aye, & I can see that people could all sit in the same room & achieve the same effect or communicate through other means, but still ... I don't think it's the way the game was intended to be played, & it IS an unfair advantage over those unwilling or unable to use them for whatever reasons.
I guess they're unfortunately an unavoidable fact of life now though :(
They should put it on the requirements-list on the box since you can more or less no longer RvR successfully without using them =/

I rather play with voice comm than without. Its way more fun when they yell : Ellen heal FFS!!! instead of typing it :D
But I cant go on it if Thand is home cos he hates it when i'm talking to my screen :p
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Satyn wrote:I rather play with voice comm than without. Its way more fun when they yell : Ellen heal FFS!!! instead of typing it :D
But I cant go on it if Thand is home cos he hates it when i'm talking to my screen :p
Hehe
I can't use it at all - people almost always sitting behind me watching TV :p
I don't think I would though even assuming I could.
-
-

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

OohhoO wrote:Hehe
I can't use it at all - people almost always sitting behind me watching TV :p
I don't think I would though even assuming I could.
For me Voice Comms makes such an improvement to games. My typing sucks, and that's on a good day, so being able to have discussions much quicker is a real bonus.

The times where I can't use it fully, because the other half is asleep etc, I still often have it on listen on my headset.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ovi wrote:For me Voice Comms makes such an improvement to games. My typing sucks, and that's on a good day, so being able to have discussions much quicker is a real bonus.

The times where I can't use it fully, because the other half is asleep etc, I still often have it on listen on my headset.
I tried that but its not as fun, i cant make myself shut up and then i get an angry look from my otherhalf :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”