Late Night Duelling ...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
rvn
Emerald Rider

Post by rvn »

Selenia wrote:If everyone thought like this we could scale RvR down to the little corner that is Berks. Believe me, this is just "sit around and duel", with bystanders being ganked by two realms whilst their realm compatriots sit around watching them die. It's a sad day that I had to watch something like this, and thinking that you can pull something off like this is horrendous. As if RvR was becoming cliqued enough you have to resort to meeting people 1v1 in the middle of an "active" battlezone to duel (probably to bitch that people "added") and repeatedly do this?
The "what if everyone tought like this" thing never works, its like saying, what if earth had less gravity.

People will ALLWAYS have different opinions.

And also if everyone tought like that there would be NO problem, because everyone would enjoy it?
Nolby Pride
Sorusii,Roxstarshroomstar,Sorsuishroom,Vendochimp,Kottbulle
Olle,Doood,Mirhir,Droooddoooood

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

I think the whole arguement is pretty pathetic to be honest. You saw a few guys sitting in a circle, you try to keel one and then get the shit nuked out of you by an alb. OMG LAME let's log on to rightnow cos they were doing something bannable!!

That's no different from the kid who reported people for laughspamming him, it's just pathetic. Just Rightnowing because they spoiled your fun.

Just about nobody cares about late night duelling, just about nobody cares about laughspamming. Reporting someone for it shows the level of maturity of some of the players on prydwen!!!!1 (I love aolns movie :p)

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

This incident was not looked at only on the strength of a complaint from an E&E.

Having discussed the issue with more than one GM yesterday after seeing this thread I wondered what, if anything, would happen. I will say that the information that I was told was that they would look at the evidence presented and correlate that to the server logs. Only then would or could they make a decision. As such it would appear that the evidence pointed to an amount of "unfair" behaviour in the opinion of the GM team as a whole. GOA cannot afford to make decisions without examining the evidence available to them.

As for mythic/goa fixing bugs I totally agree.. however let us not forget that certain responsibilities fall on certain individuals within an organisation... GMs are not developers and as such their responsibility does not include the developmental or programing tasks within GOA.. their responsibility lies elsewhere in the overall scheme of things.. examining cheating being one of those tasks.

If a driver of a porsche speeds down the road at twice the speed limit and a policeman/woman stops them and gives them a 3 month ban and a fine should we shout at the policeman, the driver or the manufacturer of the car for making a car that can go that fast?
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Tare
Emerald Rider

Post by Tare »

Because we'll all agree that speeding should be bannable. The majority of the people feel though that banning for duelling is downright retarded.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

It is unfortunate that this thread was started at all. As soon as it was posted on a public forum the there was bound to be some less than complementary posts flying around.

I would of expected this to have been resolved between Selenia, the GM's and whoever was involved in the dueling. In addition the rather high handed initial post was bound to inflame - it's Eyes and Ears, not Eye's, Ears and Gob.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Cromcruaich wrote:it's Eyes and Ears, not Eye's, Ears and Gob.
hhahaha i lol irl reading that.... easy tiger
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Jupi wrote:hhahaha i lol irl reading that.... easy tiger
me too tbh...
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Cromcruaich wrote:It is unfortunate that this thread was started at all. As soon as it was posted on a public forum the there was bound to be some less than complementary posts flying around.

I would of expected this to have been resolved between Selenia, the GM's and whoever was involved in the dueling. In addition the rather high handed initial post was bound to inflame - it's Eyes and Ears, not Eye's, Ears and Gob.
hm the initial post marely told people not to duel late night
and from what i saw he was only warning people
if ya get banned its cause you broke a rule - not cause someone snitched tho that is what people seem to think :?
wether you agree with it or not - requiel said if you do it you gonna get banned :p open and shut case :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I wish Requil was a woman :(

got so disapointed when I saw pictures from the daoc meet in london
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

well if nothing else it has provided a good platform for debate... and yes nana the initial post was a warning first and foremost... Sel mentioned no names of those involved.

Like it or not a GM has investigated and found it a breech of CoC what was happening so can people not have a go at Sel... he hasnt done anything but offer some good advice to those taking part. Shame is the way that people will blame him for people getting banned... when it was in fact peoples own actions that got them banned...

Not saying its right or wrong... but we all accept the CoC.. any breech (actual or perceived) by anyone can be punished by GOA at their discresion... and they are under no obligation to provide explanation or evidence to any of us after such action.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”