Server Clustering(?) in EU!? GOA please reply.

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Kallima wrote:So have I got this right? If Prydwen and Exc are clustered, then they have one frontier and one lot of relics. That means that I log on my hib Pryd character and go on a relic raid and we get a relic. If I then log on my alb Exc characters and go on a relic raid I will be taking back the same relic that my hib Pryd character just captured. I will also be fighting the people that I was teamed with earlier. This removes the whole point of the game for me. It seems like playing snakes and ladders with myself.

You will have to wait X hours (as set by GOA) before you can log your other realm characters. So if your hib pryd character takes a relic you'd have to wait X hours before you alb excal character could try to take it back.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Sardine wrote:Does anyone know if the underdog bonus will take affect in clustering? since as each realm will have a mega zerg!

On the US servers all the population bonusses were re-set to the default 7 days. For a period there were no population benefits after clustering.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Merlin/Lance kept them as they weren't clustered although Merlin is classed as even now and everyone is on a 6 day timer. Kind of a shame, because now I only have 6 days to get my alts from 1 or 20 to lvl47 in time for their free level to 48 instead of 7 days :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Briannon wrote:

Now, if Prydwen and Excalibur were clustered you would have the same situation that if you have hib alts on pryd and alb alts on excal (which I do), if I logged onto hib, saw none of my m8s were playing and the realm was quiet, I would have to wait 8 hours before I could go play my alb alts instead. In effect, my game session is restricted to playing one realm on both servers.
Actually I can would think it to be better if things were like this ^^
can´t you reach your mates on msn? -_-
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Elrandhir wrote:Actually I can would think it to be better if things were like this ^^
can´t you reach your mates on msn? -_-
dont see how that would be better, 8 hours is a bit overkill tbfh. half an hour maybe or 15 mins, just enough time for you to calm down and realise that those 5 alb stealthers really dont deserve verbal abuse for being cock's, they probably know that already. /grudge mode off
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Elrandhir wrote: can´t you reach your mates on msn? -_-

Not if they're off-line, no.

Anyway that was just an example to show how restricting clustering would be with the 8 hours gap. Since posting this GOA have said that the timer would be 1 hour, which is better, but it is still a down-side to clustering.

Clustering was a solution to lots of servers having low populations and therefore limited opportunities for RvR and ML BG steps. As such, it was a solution designed for a problem with the US version. The problem in Europe is different, especially regarding the English servers. With 5164 characters currently on Excalibur it is hardly underpopulated. Prydwen on the other hand only has 3181 current characters, less than 1,000 of them on hibernia. Clustering pryd and excal would mean clustering an underpopulated server with a decently populated one, so it wouldn't be a marriage of equals.

If you look at the populations of the european servers, most times excal has double the number of players than Pryd; the French and German servers all have similar populations (except Carnac which was the latest French server to be opened).

If you look at the Camelot Herald you will see that at most times the population of the clustered servers is balanced out between the cluster members so they've clustered servers with nearly equal populations.

With regards to the English servers, I remain firmly of the view that clustering is the wrong answer to the wrong problem.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

pikeh wrote:dont see how that would be better, 8 hours is a bit overkill tbfh. half an hour maybe or 15 mins, just enough time for you to calm down and realise that those 5 alb stealthers really dont deserve verbal abuse for being cock's, they probably know that already. /grudge mode off
can´t se the need to have to change realm that much really, maby it´s because I see no need in changeing atall though, but still, sounds ok to me.

Just the realm changeing matter im talking about here, dunno about other things, but no need to change more often then that, and saw it was 1h now, absolutely no need to have to change more than that...
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Ankh Morpork wrote:It's not that bad imo..there was some weeks with really bad population and ofcourse we are still low, but since raids are working (apart from when certain persons who's name I wont even mention ruins it) its good enough for me atleast :)

/Ankh
NP for those who have played the game for a long time and knows about everything, probably rather hard if anyone would start to play the game now, even though I dought there is many doing so.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Elrandhir wrote:can´t se the need to have to change realm that much really, maby it´s because I see no need in changeing atall though, but still, sounds ok to me.

Just the realm changeing matter im talking about here, dunno about other things, but no need to change more often then that, and saw it was 1h now, absolutely no need to have to change more than that...

well its all OK if you dont play on excal at all, but a lot of us do, and although i dont much anymore, lots still go to check it out if Prydwen gets boring, and yeh 1h seems ok i guess.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

They could also use the logs to just look at people who did a quick relog when a relic raid happened. This problem is exactly the same problem as occurs when someone has 2 accounts.

There was a case posted on freddys where someone was banned cos their flat mate used their account to cross realm. They had the log of one account logging out and another logging in from the same IP. Then the checked the chat.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”