The future?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

I'd like to add something here, regarding how guilds sometimes go "a**e up" because a GM leaves the guild without making someone else the GM.

Basically, GOA will intervene. I have first hand experience of this. Darkveil was my first guild and our GM was Sydney. It was a great guild and Sydney did a fantastic job. However, for one reason and another the guild started to decline and Sydney felt that we should merge with another guild. So we did. The thing is, though, that although or main characters had joined another guild, several of us still had alts in Darkveil, even though Darkveil had no GM. Eventually the few remaining alts left Darkveil, except for one of my characters (and one of Syd's).
After a few months the guild into which Darkveil merged also declined and effectively ceased to exist. I still had my alt in Darkveil though. So, I decided to do a RightNow! to GOA and informed them of the situation. GOA then gave my alt Rank 0, so effectively Darkveil had a GM again. This was good news for Sydney, because he ("she", as a character) was regretting disbanding Darkveil. Obviously, as soon as Syd's alt was logged I promoted it to GM, so that Syd could be GM again. Sadly, however, Darkveil never recovered and as far as I am aware no longer exists. Syd and I joined FS. Eventually I left FS and formed Moondogs.
The point is, GOA WILL intervene to make someone GM of a guild, if a guild has been left without one. So it's not necessarily the end of a guild if the GM leaves without appointing someone else as leader. That's my first-hand experience.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gandelf wrote:I'd like to add something here, regarding how guilds sometimes go "a**e up" because a GM leaves the guild without making someone else the GM.

Basically, GOA will intervene. I have first hand experience of this. Darkveil was my first guild and our GM was Sydney. It was a great guild and Sydney did a fantastic job. However, for one reason and another the guild started to decline and Sydney felt that we should merge with another guild. So we did. The thing is, though, that although or main characters had joined another guild, several of us still had alts in Darkveil, even though Darkveil had no GM. Eventually the few remaining alts left Darkveil, except for one of my characters (and one of Syd's).
After a few months the guild into which Darkveil merged also declined and effectively ceased to exist. I still had my alt in Darkveil though. So, I decided to do a RightNow! to GOA and informed them of the situation. GOA then gave my alt Rank 0, so effectively Darkveil had a GM again. This was good news for Sydney, because he ("she" has a character) was regretting disbanding Darkveil. Obviously, as soon as Syd's alt was logged I promoted it to GM, so that Syd could be GM again. Sadly, however, Darkveil never recovered and as far as I am aware no longer exists. Syd and I joined FS. Eventually I left FS and formed Moondogs.
The point is, GOA WILL intervene to make someone GM of a guild, if a guild has been left without one. So it's not necessarily the end of a guild if the GM leaves without appointing someone else as leader. That's my first-hand experience.

Yes that is true. If a guild is left with no GM GOA will put someone else on rank 0 :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote: The point is, GOA WILL intervene to make someone GM of a guild, if a guild has been left without one. So it's not necessarily the end of a guild if the GM leaves without appointing someone else as leader. That's my first-hand experience.
They refuse to do it for us.

/Ankh

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

<ankh> wrote:They refuse to do it for us.

/Ankh
think its been since the patch where if the GM is inactive someone becomes GM

thats prolly why.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Banana wrote:think its been since the patch where if the GM is inactive someone becomes GM

thats prolly why.
Ah...that sounds resonable. I should mention that when we asked the EU servers had just been open a few months :) I bet there are alot of things that have changed the last 9 months too (I quit aprox 9 months ago)

/Ankh

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

<ankh> wrote:I quit aprox 9 months ago

/Ankh
You quit ???

But there was some toon on the other night called Smellygit and I just assumed it was you.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Belisar wrote:You quit ???

But there was some toon on the other night called Smellygit and I just assumed it was you.
I quit + I ditched my accounts. So you wont be seeing me returning either (unless I buy new accounts)

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”