State of the realm

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

What about if we came up with a range of maybe 5 major alliances, all listed with rules and requirements if any.

ie.

Random As1 : No rules about the use of /as, everything is welcome. No requirements.

Random As2 : Only RvR over /as, and lfg with 15 mins between. Only take guilds with 10 or more people active at primetime.

Random As3 : roleplaying only in character on /as, no guild bigger then 30 members please.

And so on, if we could agree on few different, people/GM can apply with their guilds, limiting the numbers of different alliances, and maximizing the size of each one?

Just face it, the more spread out we are over more channels all over the harder it is to arange things. Just look at back in the early ToA days, you could make an artiraid one night at random and get a whole zerg, theese days you are happy/lucky if you get 1fg together..
Yes could be less people need stuff, but its also the real number of people in each alliance!

edit : Ofc, we crosspost this over on FH and give it some time etc
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

I think it makes more sense to build on the alliances we already have than to throw everything up in the air completely. We are not reorganising Crom's underwear drawer here after all - we're reorganising people, and an organic approach, imo, would be preferable to a massive upheaval.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Luz wrote:What about if we came up with a range of maybe 5 major alliances, all listed with rules and requirements if any.

Looking at roll of honour there are only 6 Hib alliances with more than 4 guilds in them. 3 Pryd, 3 Exc. I would expect there to be some natural movement of guilds as they get to know each other.

(Aran log in Luriaran, NE (OOTI) has vanished again.)

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Oh, yeh to make it clear I mean we could list the major (existing) alliances that are willing to take in new people and take it from there.

Also maybe add in how many free slots each alliance has as there is limits to number of guilds?

Random As1 : rules here : Nr of guild currently here

That is, if the alliances are ready to grow as I said.
Bah. Lv50s.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

ambera wrote:I think it makes more sense to build on the alliances we already have than to throw everything up in the air completely. We are not reorganising Crom's underwear drawer here after all - we're reorganising people, and an organic approach, imo, would be preferable to a massive upheaval.

Without speculating on the state of Crom's underwear drawer, I agree. People are tricky things to reorganise. Long ago I was in a guild that decided to merge with a big rvr guild. You might think that was simple. What actually happened was people moved to five different guilds, and I went off swearing never to be in a guild again and made my own one person guild. I am not in a guild now, I am in a Tavern, this is technically different.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

we are not the only ones soul searching btw.

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=201239
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Aran_Thule wrote:Yes it does, for example:
On one side you have thoose that want /as to be used just for RvR, possibly with just officers able to talk
On the other you have thoose that want everyone to be able to talk on /as about whatever they want.
How can you make an alliance that keeps both sides happy.
No, that stops certain people with a specific outlook within an alliance being compatible with other alliance members, it does not stop people with different views sharing an alliance by any means. For example, NFD GG1 runs a strict no-adding policy in rvr, we do not in expect other people even with our own guild to adhere to how the NFD gg1 runs.
Aran_Thule wrote: if you take the top 20 active guilds and put them in one alliance what happens to all the smaller ones, what happens when guilds reform/split or new ones arrive or when there is conflict between them.
In a perfect world it might be a solution but im afraid i can see no way of it working, all i can see is it causing more segregation/arguments and killing off the smaller guilds.
Rather the top 20 active guilds in an alliance than the top 60 active guilds in 3 alliances.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Cromcruaich wrote:No, that stops certain people with a specific outlook within an alliance being compatible with other alliance members, it does not stop people with different views sharing an alliance by any means. For example, NFD GG1 runs a strict no-adding policy in rvr, we do not in expect other people even with our own guild to adhere to how the NFD gg1 runs.
guilds are formed generally from people with similar outlooks, this tends to give that guild the same outlook so its more then just the odd person.
So the end result is that some guilds will be incompatable with others from outlook, others through conflict ect, its not possible to roll everyone together and say 'group hug '. (a shame but im being practical here)
Rather the top 20 active guilds in an alliance than the top 60 active guilds in 3 alliances.
differance of opinion then, i think that doing this would cause the death of a lot of the other 40 guilds and thier players, but lets leave it at that and move on. <grin>

p.s. Will get Luriaran to pop on as soon as i get home, its just annoying the way it does that.
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Out of interest

http://www.gmonkman.eclipse.co.uk/pop.gif

Ordered by active members, taken out all guilds that have earnt less than 10k lwrp. Merged Black Adders with NFD as its an NFD 'tower claim' guild (weve actually got quite a few of these on the go). Taken out the 2 starter guilds.

50% of pop within first 6 guilds. 90.9% within top 20 guilds.

*edit
And forgive me - cant resist posting this.
http://www.gmonkman.eclipse.co.uk/lwrp.gif
The irony ofcourse is that we dont consider ourselves part of the rvr elite. Thankfully that phrase has just about disappeared from hib/pryd.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

then it would be possible to add 90% of pop to a single /as (of pryd)...

but its not doable in practice, but maybe 2 alliances, one RvR and one other? 10 guilds each...

well I dont know just spamming the forum :o
Bah. Lv50s.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”