small request

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

kivik wrote: And which idiot told you the game rules are written on the box, and not like there is a 'normal' you have to follow, RvR is open for all playstyles. It's not like your wife and children will be raped if you let that poor enemy live, it's a bloody games people.

Btw hand me your subscription details if you can, so I can pay your subs. Or say: "Aslong as I pay my subs I play how I want. And if you pay my subs I'll play as you want, but I won't let you pay my subs anyways so this sentence is in fact totally idiotical."
just thought id help you out a touch here with the spelling Ive highlighted the mistakes in the line which was directed at my good self... and its a game.. I think you will find thats singular :) not plural..
With regard to asking for my subs details.. I think you should be very careful on that score as that is against the COC, and trying to gain that off people would leave you open for a slap if someone was to take it upon there self to report you, just so you know next time you try and act all hard..
oh and while were at it..I think that horse is way to big for you.. little people need little horses if not donkeys or in your case perhaps an Ass.. ;)
Have a good game.
/Norc.
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

<ankh> wrote:Ofcourse, but nobody would enjoy playing this game year after year without actually gaining anything from the RvR. The warfare isnt THAT fantastic after all.

/Ankh

That's the way it was in the begining. RA's were a twinkle in Mythics eyes. I don't remember eveyone sitting at home & saying "I'm not going out til I get a reward for beating other people!!".

Then again I spend more time crafting than I do in actualy RvR (group only runs 2 nights a week & I loath zerg-surfing - despite the fact I get more rps per hour doing it as a caster). Couldn't give a rats arse about rp's really, it's the fun of taking on someone else as opposed to whatever code they've shoved into whatever game it is. No encounter is the same, people react differently & try different stuff & you have to counter that to help the group win.

As for the whole add/don't add - It's been done to death. People like Cay enjoy solo'ing & resecpt others that do it too. People that want to pile in enjoy that & they've every right to do so. Play the game the way you want & everyone's happy. Just as in life, not everyone will share your view point & do what you want. Doesn't make anyone more, or less, entitled to their opinion (& in this case playstyle) - though obviously Satyn always should be saved (where's my shining armour & trusty steed??).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Cromcruaich wrote:I think Kiviks making the point that getting realm points isnt necessarily linked with having fun, which I hope we can all agree on.

i agree :D

getting arpees is nice but the rvr group im in - our main objective is to die near lindon :D

im actually more chuffed when i achieve that objective then when i ding a rr :o
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

kivik wrote:Too bad, I actually hoped I would when making my video. RRs means almost nothing, a well kitted and played character will preform as good as those, that was what I was trying to show with my video, maybe you haven't seen it.

hmm
not 100% sure on that but my chanter isnt kitted that brill.
Youre saying a RR4 can perform the same against a rr-helluvalothigher if their template was brill? cuz those guys have so many toys and stuff :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hmm
as for the adding thing.
Cant people agree that if their realm mate /y help then you help?
Chances are - although the soloer might be used to a normal nice solo game the person theyre hitting might not be?
Think tis when people ask for help and no one does that it upsets people?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Banana wrote:hmm
not 100% sure on that but my chanter isnt kitted that brill.
Youre saying a RR4 can perform the same against a rr-helluvalothigher if their template was brill? cuz those guys have so many toys and stuff :(
What he's saying is RR doesn't mean as much as some people like to make out, as I say my RR3 infil regularly destroys higher RR players:

RR11 ranger vs. my infil, you can see how low RR it is in the screenshot, you can also see it's an entirely solo 1vs1 kill from the RPs so regardless of what anyone says it IS possible for someone who's RR3 to destroy (yes destroy, look how many hps remaining...) someone with as big an RR gap as RR11 if you just go out and try rather than zerg or sit whining about not being able to when you in fact can. Note also that my inf is only CL2 as well, so there's still lots of room for non-RP based character improvement there (i.e. +10% all resists, +150hps). It's even easier as a ranger/hunter/scout at low RR nowadays because you can just pick people off with bow or be a lame tower camper if really need be to get to a higher RR. Realm rank gap simply isn't a valid excuse for not soloing, only lack of skill or a poorly kitted char is. The latter can be fixed easily with a bit of time, planning and PvE, the former can be fixed by actually trying to solo and learning to play better.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

I try to never add usually in 1 vs 1, or whatever, still I will always help the hib if he wants me to.

So, known soloer or not, Alb/Mid does better in not attacking a Hib while Im around, because if I see a hib getting attacked, I will help.

An exception to this is if I have seen the Hib add on more or less every solo fights etc around, because if he can't respect that some want it like that then I wont respect him, otherwise Il always help the Hib no matter who the Alb or Mid is.

And what Xest say is true to some degree, but if you face an equally skilled player with good Gear, but is much higher RA, then you will more then likely end up loosing.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

I honestly feel Xest is really very right on this.

The secret to enjoyment in a MMPORG seems to be learning to become a strong individual player who learns their classes inside out and knows what kit to get them and then who can stand 80% on their own two feet. It has taken me ages to see this but the stronger your individual game is and the better you know the game the more enjoyable it becomes.

It is nice to have friends and people you can interact with and it is nice to enjoy playing with them because of course no player is an island. However, liking interaction and playing with people is not an excuse to become dependent on them. This has become the single most interesting thing I have seen in my short experience of MMPORG's and to be frank it really warrants another thread because the issue is complex and slightly different to the reasons for bringing it up in the current thread.

You can stand as a strong individual and still be friendly and helpful. In fact Hibbie is stronger the more we foster strong people who can look after themselves rather than a bunch of casual gamers who don't even look at the stats on their ROGS. This is one of the things we never discuss but it is right in the heart of what Xest is saying. So yes maybe we need to help each other but maybe also sometimes we need to encourage each other to grow better at what we do?
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Elrandhir wrote:I try to never add usually in 1 vs 1, or whatever, still I will always help the hib if he wants me to.
And thats how I played too. I respect fellow players in the same realm who doesnt want adding - but I don't really bother with the enemy :)
Well...thats how it used to be for me when I played anyway :P

/Ankh

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

<ankh> wrote:You know...you and many others keep going on and on about the "roleplayer" way of playing the game. No offence, but its not about roleplaying or honour for that matter...its about having fun, and for some people its not really fun to die just cos their realmmates refuse to help them. But ofc - thats my opinion.

Edit: The constant use of "roleplayer" when ever somebody is not playing the "elite" way is quite silly tbh. I personally didnt roleplay when I played daoc...yet still people called me roleplayer all the time. The only ones that fully deserves to be called roleplayer are people like Artisans Of Willow imo.

/Ankh
For some other people isn't really fun to win only cause of superior numbers, so? ^^
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”