Please post experiences of item loss

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Bidi
Emerald Rider

Post by Bidi »

Luz wrote:my serious guess is that they have backups (backup server running) and when they get a complaint of item they login that account on the running backup server and check.

But to save themself time they only check the chars reported, cuz they lazy :p
Sounds very plausible, but I suspect they'll now spend valuable time looking at accounts that are live/being used now. Rather than closed or inactive accounts if they did it themselves.

I couldn't wait and asked a friend to check my accounts, my Ranger is missing all items they were wearing Som, battler, scarab vest, Fool bow, 2 MP Dropped swords etc, yet the dodgy mariashas gloves in the backpack were fine (Bugged bugger and bugger). My warden was totally naked too.

The problem I have is trying to remember what the hell items I had on both chars :(

Hopefully when I rightnow it they just restore the bits I lost + lvl 10 artis etc etc, I just dont have a clue what I had on the warden at all.

Time will tell I guess.
Currently Training in EVE and playing BF2:

Rhohandra -Caldari
Quinthar lvl 36 - Barbarian - Monk
Eranu lvl 31 - Gnome - Fury (29 Provisioner)

------------
Excalibur: (Retired)
Ferus Legionis
[50's] Armsman, Necro, Cleric, Cleric, Fire Wiz, Scout, Infil, Cabbie, Heretic, Sorc
Prydwen: (Retired)
Angry Squirrels
[50's] Bidi/Chanter, Maon/Druid, Flies/Ranger, Retsekans/Warden, Gloekin/Animist, Shsil/Mentalist

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

i was very lucky and none of my items have gone that i know of. This really really sucks and i can see a whole lot of people quitting becuase of it.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Wolfskin wrote:Sorry guys i dont know what to say,..i am very angry about that,....they kick the server for 10 days,.....dont really tell us what the problem was and then put the server back on just to get many many players with this Problem,...then they tell u to write down to rn what items are missing,....are they really so silly that they beleive that noone will try to use this stance to cheat and get items they didnt even had.

I will cancel my accs tonight cause if i would behave like this with my customers i could close the firm im working in.

ya so far
From what GoA have said in other threads they can check that what you say is correct, since they have a huge list.

That means it wasn't practical for them to go through the whole list and manually restore all of the items, the list will include EVERY item no doubt, which would run into millions.

It does mean that if someone claims something they can look at the specific part of the list and see whether they are telling the truth or not.

In my opinion anyone caught tryign to cheat should be banned for life, all their accts. GoA have enough to do without people trying it on.

I do think that trying to name every item that is missing is a bit tough though. Any character that has been stripped should warrant a full investigation by GoA, I mean they must have a good idea which part of the list relates to which character.

nibs
Emerald Rider

Post by nibs »

Animist: Stripped nekkid of all armour, items, and staff
Eldritch: Stripped nekkid of all armour, items, and staff
Ranger: Both rings stripped

As for whether or not anything went missing from my vaults, i havent got a fkin clue. 8 Vaults, 2 house vaults, and a CM, i can only remember a handful of whats in there.

//edit: luckily niether had any artifacts on though :)
Mid/Ava
Gwarp, 42, Savage, LGM AC
Grumblebum, 50, Spiritmaster, ML3
Nibkyrie, 48, Valk, 9xx Alch
Nibmedic, 50, Healer, ML9
Stumblebum, 50, Warrior, ML10

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

nibs wrote: //edit: luckily niether had any artifacts on though :)

That should be unluckily, Artifacts are the easiest thing to get back, and they will be returned at level 10 even if they were level 0 :p

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Wolfskin wrote:Sorry guys i dont know what to say,..i am very angry about that,....they kick the server for 10 days,.....dont really tell us what the problem was and then put the server back on just to get many many players with this Problem,...then they tell u to write down to rn what items are missing,....are they really so silly that they beleive that noone will try to use this stance to cheat and get items they didnt even had.

I will cancel my accs tonight cause if i would behave like this with my customers i could close the firm im working in.

ya so far

here you go :)

Requiel wrote:I've said it already but I'll say it again. the items that were deleted were entirely corrupted and it wasn't possible to tell what the slot held originally. Some things were salvageable and they were cleaned up and restored. Other things weren't.

Imagine you see this in the big list of inventory slots for a character.

Slot 1 Guard of Valor
Slot 2 chunk of marble
Slot 3 4p9bma96u
Slot 4 battered pewter cup
etc..

We have no way of knowing what the thing in slot 3 was originally. It may have been an empty slot that got filled with gibberish, it may have been a useful item that got corrupted. So anything that wasn't a valid entry and couldn't be cleaned got deleted. If the slot was corrupted but it was still possible to tell what the thing was originally then the item did get restored.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Just found my BG 1 Ranger like that:

Now these are fixed items?
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/