Late Night Duelling ...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Requel, how can you tell if a duel was organised?

Several times i've been roaming the frontiers late at night and come accross a 1v1, and i've stood and watched, then a mid/alb has come and watched too, when the first 1v1 is over i can beckon them and fight, then more and more people come. An obvious thing to do when watching duels with a large number of people is sit in a circle, or something similar, which could look like it was organised.

So, do you base it on circumstances or do you have to check logs for blatantly obvious things like someone doing a /as Me and some IRC friends from other realms have started to duel at xxx, come join!

Would be cool to know how you determine organised and spur of the moment..
~

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Hmmm not sure where the issue is tbh.

If peeps want to arrange to meet an duel other realmers then so be it. I can duel a realm mate and the game allows me to so what's the problem ?

As long as it does not effect anyone else and as long as they do not moan and groan if someone comes along and breaks up their duel by killing one or a number of them then can't see the harm.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Radu
Emerald Rider

Post by Radu »

Briannon wrote:I kind of see your point Jupi but I suppose, at the end of the day, Mythic/GOA are the owners/licensees of the game and we pay them for access to their product, not the other way round. Like it or lump it we do have to follow their rules and they do have the right to deny people access to their product. In this respect I don't agree that the spirit of the game is determined by the players - it is determined by the game owners who do have the right to set down how they want players to use thier product.
Well you have some points, but we are paying customers, and it is business for Mythic, nothing more or less. If their paying customers want something, they need to adapt or they will (and mythic's case they are ) lose money cause players leave the game from different reason.
I think mmorpg should give fun for players. Many different people, many different styles. Mythic didnt make instanced battlegrounds or such, so player who want that style can organize for themselves, and i think it is dumb move to suspend them for this.
Well, its their choice, but i dont wonder now , after more then 1 month in daoc now, why this game lost almost of its half customers in the last year.
Togusa the Mentalist

Alyri
Emerald Rider

Post by Alyri »

I was there and the "issue" is that Selenia and someone else just attacked an Alb and managed to get themselves killed by that Alb.

It happened as Stupeh said "Several times i've been roaming the frontiers late at night and come accross a 1v1, and i've stood and watched, then a mid/alb has come and watched too, when the first 1v1 is over i can beckon them and fight, then more and more people come. An obvious thing to do when watching duels with a large number of people is sit in a circle, or something similar, which could look like it was organised."

We were about 5 peps, prolly everyone that was in RvR at that time and we did NOT arrange the duels or rezz/farmed RP there.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Frankly from the information given in this thread any bans that have been dealt out would appear to be inappropriate, and simply a gesture to support the position taken by the E&E. I doubt very much any bans would of been handed out had the complaint had a different source.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Briannon wrote:I kind of see your point Jupi but I suppose, at the end of the day, Mythic/GOA are the owners/licensees of the game and we pay them for access to their product, not the other way round. Like it or lump it we do have to follow their rules and they do have the right to deny people access to their product. In this respect I don't agree that the spirit of the game is determined by the players - it is determined by the game owners who do have the right to set down how they want players to use their product.
Well for me the issue is quite simple. Banning people for duels; let them be arranged or not is in violation itself with the CoC so where do they get the audacity to do so? This is beyond me tbh; I will check myself later what exactly the CoC states but as someone quoted in a post earlier they state themselves that they will not penalize a player directly for this. Still they ban people or threaten to ban? I suggest the people that may get banned to take this opportunity to formally raise a complaint against this "double-standard" behaviour. Unfortunately I don't know the precise contract agreement between Mythic/GOA but I am sure GOA is obliged to follow the CoC themselves.

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Nobody has the right to tell you to stop or dont kill the enemy, whether you class that as adding or leeching or whatever you want to make up and whinge about..
RE: Duels, whether its organised over irc/msn or in game by emotes there is always going to be a limit of gathering people to duel against eachother thats going to trigger alerts.. plus you would have no right to tell somebody or pm somebody giving them abuse because they started on the offensive against an enemy player..
People complaining about this "rule" will never be satisfied.. the same people whineing over other things like speed hacks and lag cheats and strafeing when its used or abused against them .. yet complain when the same programmes or E&E or reports flag them as abusing/cheating.
Double standards..

On a side note whether the complaint comes from a player or a E&E volenteer then they are treated exactly the same..
e&e dont get any special treatment you know, were just normal paying players like all the rest and have to comply to the same rules as everybody else, if anything we get it harder because we get the abuse from players we get mithered to report bugs because people carnt be arsed to Rightnow it themselves and we'll tell you to do the same, theres a percentage of players in this game that dont even know who or what Rightnow is and yet think they have the right to complain about issues like this for example.. perhaps people need to actually read what they agree to when logging in and comply to it or go find another game..we all pay to play and some of us give our time in game up to help and assist others that weve payed for but thats our choice and doesnt give you or anybody else the right to slate us and abuse us for trying to make this game better for everybody to play not just the selfish ones who want to sit in a pow wow circle playing with eachother.

expect assistance in killing the enemy if im around
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

rvn
Emerald Rider

Post by rvn »

Ive NEVER EVER heard of anyone getting banned for duelling in daoc, and it people has been doing it since beta on us.

And the spirit if the game is what the players make out of it, "the spirit of the game" has changed ALOT during the years, before people could get exited just by killing another player (even if he was zerging him with 10 more ppl).

Nowdays alot of people wont get exited unless there is a close fg vs fg fight, or takeing on numerous enemys at the same time, or haveing a close and fair duel.

And there is also the change on how easy it has become to find solo fights, it used to be alot easier as more people played, and everyone was less experienced where people went to rvr and so on.

but yeah maybe keeping the vision of the "spirit of the game" is more important than customers haveing fun, (i dont really think its a minority that enjoys duelling every once in a while).

Oh and if you dont have anything to fight against because the only rvring ppl are duelling, it might be because prydwen is a very low population server and you are playing offhours.
Nolby Pride
Sorusii,Roxstarshroomstar,Sorsuishroom,Vendochimp,Kottbulle
Olle,Doood,Mirhir,Droooddoooood

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

they used to spawn borderkeep guards on people who were dueling before in beta :)

that was fun
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Monk
Emerald Rider

Post by Monk »

im sorry i havent read the whole thread, 7 pages is abit much for my liking, BUT from what i understand of the CoC, is that you cannot arrange a duel where 1 person wins, through the inactivity of the other, IE hes farming the same toon over and over with consent from the otehr person. HOWEVER arranging a duel between realms is nothign bad, imo it is very much in the spirit of the game, this game is set in the medieval age, where honour etc was still around and a duel between afew ppl of different realms is nothign bad, i think the thread starter just got pwnt and the hibs didnt help him so he had to whine, butlike i said thats what i got from the first page and havent read the rest
~~~GM of Fallen Spirits - Prydwen~~~
Spetsnaz lvl50 Celt Valewalker 6l2 -Currently Main
Nicholai lvl 50 Elf Ranger 4l0
Moscow lvl 50 Shar Vampiir 3l8
Vanyia lvl 50 Celt Druid 3l2
Aequitas lvl 50 Shar Hero 2l0 - running old school epic!
Trident lvl 45 Elf Chanter 1l5

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”