Just a warning to all hibs etc

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Cryn wrote:People are responsible for their own accounts, including when they lend it to someone else. If you choose to lend your account to someone who does something bad, it's your fault for lending it to them.

Lending people your account goes against all advice from Mythic and GOA, and has caused countless problems in the past.

I agree with Finolin that guilds are the totality of their members. In fact they are nothing more or less than that. If a guild allows a member who does bad stuff to remain in guild, they are supporting the behaviour that caused it.

This is no reflection on Marsh Horde, btw, since it seems they should never have been mentioned in this thread in the first place.
not related to the Marsh Horde of course but technically a guild is actually less than the sum of its members ;)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Luon
Emerald Rider

Post by Luon »

Such bullshit imo so this really means that unoffical all eden falls members are thiefs and liers.

There is so many guilds that have had "silleh members" Infact this person skryre have been in ga eclipse and numerous other guilds infact so silleh statments like that arent really needed.

And saying borrowing accounts or lending accounts is against mytich coc ofc in the text but wouldnt you rather want ppl to play then have thousands of accounts banned ?. dont know what planet you been on but i can assure you that it is not many ppl who play daoc for the last 3 years who never lended their acc to anyone for numerous reasons.

anyways you do as you please ive had my share of success of being gm for good guilds and made loads of friends and ive done this cause i dont point fingers and im not afraid of speaking my mind. And im all for giving ppl a second try or even a third try.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Saying that a guild reputation is affected by each member is not the same as saying that each member of the guild is identical. So even though you could say that if a guild does not take action against a thief, it's reputation will rightly suffer and people may change the way they deal with the guild, noone is suggesting that all guild members would be viewed as thieves.

Also, please show me where I mentioned the code of conduct or bannings? I said it was against the advice or Mythic and GOA. There is a reason it is against their advice - because sharing your account info leaves you wide open to all kinds of bad stuff including people doing bad things on your character and getting you a bad reputation.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”